Trailside pics from Mill Mountain

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Snapped some pics on my ride last Saturday. I’ve been tied down with a remodeling project recently, so most of my rides have been local. For me that usually means Mill Mountain. Urban but still pretty cool stuff.

Some trail pics

Newest trail – kind of short but fun

Mother Nature always gives us something to look at. Even a cheap digital camera like mine makes her look good.

Back onto Wood Thrush Trail

Out of singletrack and back on the Greenway. Mother Nature provided a few more pic opportunities.

Always liked this spot on the greenway.

Bikes ready for more, but that’s all for the day.

Heading to Slatyfork WV this weekend for 2 ½ days of riding. Hope me and the bike can make it through in one piece. hehehe

Very nice pics, the trails look really flowy and smooth. Where at in VA is this? I guess I should go check out the trails section. Might have to take a trip down there for the weekend.

"pepe091" wrote

Very nice pics, the trails look really flowy and smooth. Where at in VA is this? I guess I should go check out the trails section. Might have to take a trip down there for the weekend.

Actually I don’t think Mill Mountain has been added to the trails section. I should probably do that. These trails are in Roanoke, VA. Not really enough miles there to justify a road trip in itself (8-10 miles). But you could ride a day or two at Carvins Cove, a half day at Mill Mountain and a half day at Explore Park just down the road 5 miles. Mill Mountain trails are absolutely the best in the area to ride in wet weather. They are well designed for drainage and are half rock to begin with. Be glad to take any visitor through there. I ride there after 5PM several days a week. These trails are very fast and fun.

Mongoose – are you a ChiliPepper now? 😛

dude some sweet pics. looks like some kick butt trail!

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.