Trails Near Anaheim, CA

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I’ll be travelling to Anaheim for work in February and was wondering what the best trails are in the area.  I’ll only be able to dedicate one day to riding so I want to make it count.

Like to bring my bike when I travel and ride new places.  Got a hardtail 29er setup for trail riding rather than XC.  Prefer to earn the downhills by riding up 1st (I’m stubborn like that).  Ridden all around the midwest (IL, IN, WI, MI) and a little bit in AZ.   Can’t wait to ride some west coast trails.

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

I live and ride in Anaheim Hills, which is quite a bit east of Anaheim “proper.” Out here, I have access to Weir Canyon Loop, which also connects with Santiago Oaks. Weir Canyon is a mix of fire roads, double and singletrack trails, with plenty of elevation change. Santiago Oaks has some really fun singletrack trails that branch off from the fire roads that generally run along ridge lines – plenty of elevation gain and loss to be had there. Another nearby option is Chino Hills State Park, where there is plenty of elevation to climb and descend, mostly on fire roads, but with some singletrack in the mix.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.