Trails in Greenville SC

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Morning all,
      I’m traveling to Greenville, (Greer really…) for work next week. I plan on bringing my bike…as long as i can stuff it in the rental car, and i’ll find a way. You guys/gals that are familiar with the Greenville area, are there some good trails up that way? I’ll only be there Monday – Thursday but i want to ride at least twice while i’m there. Any thoughts?

"kyle8181" wrote

Morning all,
      I’m traveling to Greenville, (Greer really…) for work next week. I plan on bringing my bike…as long as i can stuff it in the rental car, and i’ll find a way. You guys/gals that are familiar with the Greenville area, are there some good trails up that way? I’ll only be there Monday – Thursday but i want to ride at least twice while i’m there. Any thoughts?

There is either Paris Mountain State Park or Gateway Bike Park in Travelers Rest about 7 miles north from Paris Mountain. Both are awesome though Paris has a lot more trail to flow on, whereas Gateway is more of a skills park in a Greenville County Park. I have been trying to upload pictures to the Gateway Bike Park listed here on ST’s, but it is a slow boat. Both trails are listed here on ST’s, and both or just Paris will definitely keep you occupied for the days you will be here..

Good luck and have fun! 😄

Just a note n Paris mountain, it is closed the mt bikes on Saturday. i know this does not effect you.

"brianW" wrote

Just a note n Paris mountain, it is closed the mt bikes on Saturday. i know this does not effect you.

The entire Park is closed to all bikes on Saturday (road and MTB’s). Campers are the only ones allowed to have bikes in the Park, but the Park roads and trails are off limits to them on Saturday.

Rumors from a couple Rangers there that work on the trails as well, say this may change in the near future.

"SCHucker" wrote

[quote="brianW":3h2favu5]Just a note n Paris mountain, it is closed the mt bikes on Saturday. i know this does not effect you.

The entire Park is closed to all bikes on Saturday (road and MTB’s). Campers are the only ones allowed to have bikes in the Park, but the Park roads and trails are off limits to them on Saturday.

Rumors from a couple Rangers there that work on the trails as well, say this may change in the near future.[/quote:3h2favu5]
      That’s a bizarre rule!

"gar29" wrote

That’s a bizarre rule!

It’s a hiker thing, as Saturday is for hikers only. The reason they do not allow any bikes on the road on Saturdays is because it would be too much temptation to jump on trail… 😆

@ ‘kyle8181’

I did get to upload 20 pictures of Gateway Bike Park in Travelers Rest to the trail postings here on Singletracks. So, if you get a chance, check them out. Just hope the rain stays away for ya though… 😆

http://www.singletracks.com/bike-trails … -park.html

"kyle8181" wrote

Morning all,

Soooo, how did it go? Where did you ride?

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.