trails around Tallahassee?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Going up there for Thankgiving and will have my bike with me. Where should I go for a fun ride?

Thanks,
      Jeff <><

I moved away from Tallahassee 18 months ago and oh how I miss those trails! I lived where I could hop on my bike in my driveway and in 1 minute be on a trail in the woods.

On the east side there’s a large city park, Tom Brown park. There many trails in this park.
      The Fern trail heads west into town. Look for it at the end of the paved Goose Pond trail. You cross the Armory property towards the RR track overpass, the off road part starts here heading west.
      The magnolia trail is all inside Tom Brown, it’s a great trail for a 20-30 minute technical workout.
      My personal favorite is Cadillac trail. It has 2 or 3 levels of difficulty. It starts on the east side of the park, ride it east all the way to Lake Piney Z. From there you can head down the south side of the lake, then across a dike back to the north side of the lake. From their you can head into Alford Green, a large county park full of even more trails.

North of town, there’s the Redbug trail in Eleanor Phipps Clapp park.

I have GPS tracks for some of these on motionbased, just search for N4JSW.

I rode a few trails on Thursday morning at this park and had a great time. There were sooo many ways to go and I spent over 2 hours cruising through some fun singletrack. I’m going to go ride Redbug on Saturday morning and check it out. I hope it is as good or better than Magnolia, Cadillac, and hte others I rode at Tom Brown Park. Thanks for the heads up.

Jeff <><

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.