Trail Use

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Does "pedestrian use only" mean no biking, the sign only says No motorized vehicles including ATV’s and Dirtbikes. Its a great trail to ride and Id like to keep riding it.

Usually it means just that. You will need to verify with whatever body governs that particular area.

I would think pedestrian use only would include anything non motorized,but I agree with madd,better to check with the powers that be before continuing riding there..

"tjc58" wrote

Does "pedestrian use only" mean no biking, the sign only says No motorized vehicles including ATV’s and Dirtbikes. Its a great trail to ride and Id like to keep riding it.

If it’s a government agency in charge of the land, you might be able to find out on their website. On the Jefferson National Forest where I ride a lot, there are a lot of similar signs. Most say foot travel only, and it is usually combined with a no motorized vehicle sign close by. However, we are allowed on those trails. The signs predate MTBs. A lot depends on the agency and their MTB friendlieness. You may have to just contact them – or take your chances.

"tjc58" wrote

"Pedestrian Use Only" = foot traffic only, no bikes

"No Motorized Vehicles including ATV’s and Dirtbikes" = mt bikes are allowed

"brianW" wrote

"No Motorized Vehicles including ATV’s and Dirtbikes" = mt bikes are allowed

No…..

"No Motorized Vehicles including ATV’s and Dirtbikes" = nothing with a motor is allowed on the trail. Has nothing to do with mountain bikes one way or the other.

A sign at the grocery store that says "Oranges $2/lbs" doesn’t mean "Apples $1/lbs" 😄

But, according to the OP, it also says "pedestrian use only" which would imply "nothing but feet"

Thanks for the inputs, I will check into it with the maintainers.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.