Trail Conditions

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Hi, I am new to the forum but been in Colorado for a while, riding 3 years now and bought my Yeti, amazing. I am curious about current trail conditions around the front range, Mt. Falcon or Lair O’ Bear this week. Supposed to be 65 Friday and I would love to go but don’t want to tear up the trail, if too much mud/ice.

I can’t say for sure about Denver, but our front range trails around Colorado Springs are perfectly dry. I’d be willing to bet the likes of Hall, Heil, Deer Creek, LOTB and Mt Falcon are all good to go–at least until the cold front hits.

"John Fisch" wrote

I can’t say for sure about Denver, but our front range trails around Colorado Springs are perfectly dry. I’d be willing to bet the likes of Hall, Heil, Deer Creek, LOTB and Mt Falcon are all good to go–at least until the cold front hits.

Heh Denver, and even Buffalo Creek and way up into the hills, are perfectly dry… through about mid-day tomorrow. Once the storm hits, everything will get a lot of rain, and probably quite a bit of snow in spots.

Thanks guys, Mt. Falcon was great Friday, near perfect conditions. Still blows my mind that I am riding in mid December, amazing.What is your favorite ride in Col. Springs area?

"cginsu98" wrote

Thanks guys, Mt. Falcon was great Friday, near perfect conditions. Still blows my mind that I am riding in mid December, amazing.What is your favorite ride in Col. Springs area?

Too many good ones here to pick a single favorite.
      If I had to narrow it down, I’d say for technical riding, Palmer Park.
      For variety and distance, any number of loops that contain adjacent trails in the Cheyenne Canyon area including Buckhorn, Captain Jacks, Columbine, The Chutes, etc.

I also love Ute Valley Park, Palmer Section 16 Loop (not to be confused with Black Forest Section 16), and Cheyenne Mountain State Park.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.