Toolkit that mounts on the bike

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Hi everyone! My name is Michael, I’m a long time Singletracks reader, I especially love the trail directory – I’ve discovered many a trail that way!

I’d like to share with you the project I’ve been working on for the past two years – it’s a toolkit that mounts on a mountain bike – the ToolB. It’s quite the opposite of the current trend of ‘hiding’ tools in the bike’, so I figured some of you might be interested in it.

I wanted to mountain bike without a backpack on shorter rides, but still have a toolkit for trail-side repairs. Since I couldn’t find a toolkit that met my requirements, I decided to design my own.

I rode with a prototype toolkit during all of 2016 biking season. I even raced a few XC races with the prototype toolkit. It turned out to be a great idea. I worked on refinements and updates for a full year and have done preliminary testing with a 2nd pre-production prototype.

I’m pretty happy to say that I found two contract manufacturers in Massachusetts (where I live) who vetted for the ToolB design – so it will be made in the USA.

I launched the Kickstarter last week, and thought some people here on the Singletracks forum might be interested. There are still some limited spots left for the super early bird and early bird tiers, and I would definitely appreciate any support to make this project a reality! Questions and comments are welcome, and thank you!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/178980990/toolb-the-toolbelt-for-your-mountain-bike

Quick update –
      I decided to add a bonus to all reward tiers – each one will now include a beautiful, laser-engraved, leather bookmark.

International shipping has been lowered from $35 to $25. Also, the $109 reward tier has been opened up to international shipping!

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.