Took my first ride on a MTB in 16 years….

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Road a mountain bike today for the first time since I was a kid. Took a friends bike out to Idlewild Park here in Northern Kentucky. I’ve been road biking for years and watched a few youtube videos so I thought I pick it up (please read into that sarcasm). First off I thought I’d want to go straight into clip-ins….thank God I didn’t. It was a very loose and shaky first mile, then the next was better, but still getting into the groove of dodging trees, roots, spiderwebs, deer, the normal stuff. I stuck to the beginner trail that dumped into the intermediate trail. As I went I picked up more and more confidence, only ate the dirt once. Got caught in the wrong gear a few times. By the end I wanted to keep going, but had to get into to work.

I’m hooked. And my fingers and shoulders are sore.

Awesome! I ride both road and dirt as well. It can be an interesting transition when I ride road for an extended period (like I did after a recent illness) and then switch back to my mountain bike. The road bike does help your stamina level, but I totally find mountain biking more enjoyable!

I’m sure you’ll have a blast with it! Any plans on picking up a bike of your own?

Welcome back! Keep it fun and you’ll be riding mountain bikes for the rest of your life. Don’t quit the road, however. Its good to switch back and forth occasionally.

"gar29" wrote

I’m sure you’ll have a blast with it! Any plans on picking up a bike of your own?

Yes, definitely working towards that.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.