Too much bike for south Florida ?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Hi.  I am new to the forum. I live in southwest Florida Dan ride caloosahatchie regional park. I am interested in a yeti sb130.  Is that too much bike for south Florida? I plan on hitting santos and Alafia too. I’m currently riding a hard tail but I’m ready for a fullsuspension bike I just want to make sure this one is not overkill.

I’d be looking for something like the Transition Spur, Epi EVO, Ibis Ripley/Ripley AF, Santa Cruz Tallboy, Pivot Trail 429, or some other “Downcountry” light-weight short-travel 29er.

SWFL Dawg
      Hi.  I am new to the forum. I live in southwest Florida Dan ride caloosahatchie regional park. I am interested in a yeti sb130.  Is that too much bike for south Florida? I plan on hitting santos and Alafia too. I’m currently riding a hard tail but I’m ready for a fullsuspension bike I just want to make sure this one is not overkill.

Frankly, ride what makes you smile!

There’s trails at Santos and Alafia that will suit the Yeti just fine.  Find a bike you like and is available.

If you’re going to get the sb130, step up to the sb130 Lunch Ride which has 137r/160f travel. Either go short with a 100-120r/120f Downcountry bike or step up to something with a 137-150r/160f travel and get a “hover bike”.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.