Timer For Gloves?

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Im thinking its time for some gloves. I ride up in NH and its uncomfortably humid this year, not to mention temps around 90 degrees lately. Needless to say, my palms are getting so sweaty and are slipping around on the grips. I usually only wore gloves in the fall and winter to keep my hands from going numb and didnt wear them in the summer because i assumed it would make my hands hotter. So my question is will wearing gloves solve this problem and give my better grip?

I wear gloves all year. In warm weather I use an ancient pair of Specialized gloves. Remember the 1/2 finger gloves that have a palm pad that looked like Bullwinkle? Yep got a pair! In the cooler-cold weather I wear full fingered motocross gloves. Hands need protection. If it’s real cold I’ll wear polypropoline liners or stay home. Guess I’ll put the Specilaized gloves on eBay. Haaaa! 😄 Later,

Used to live in NH but have been in GA for 5 years now. I use full finger gloves for at least the last decade year round.

Another GA guy who wears fulls finger gloves year round. I like really light weight, breathable, non-padded gloves. Currently using a pair of SixSixOne 401 gloves and really like them. I have the previous version of what you see here on Singletracks, but the basics remain the same, looks like they just updated the upper section.

Half finger gloves were never comfortable to me, plus I like the protection of full finger.

The other reason to wear gloves is for when you fall, it keeps all the gravel out of your palms.

I like fingerless gloves, but I just started using Giant full finger gloves and I like those too.

I live in Maine and have been using gloves since I started riding. I used to run some Trek 1/2 fingers but switched to Fox Reflex Gel full fingers and I am pretty sure I wont be going back. Love them. Great glove, a little gel in the palms, and sweat/snot spots on both hands.

Saved me from quite a few tree grazes this year already.

Nah, you don’t need no stinking gloves….LOL 😆 😆 😆 (just kidding)

Yeah man, gloves are great to wear for those real balmy and humid days (winter as well), and will make a world of difference. Rode years without gloves, but now, ride with them all the time. XC rides I wear short finger and for the more wild freeriding, it is all full fingers.

Good luck…..On-On!

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.