Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author

Mere hours after mtbgreg1 arrives.

Coincidence?

"maddslacker" wrote

Mere hours after mtbgreg1 arrives.

Coincidence?

Heh we had a week and a half of sun….

… but that’s because it takes clouds longer to blow across the nation than it takes to drive it

Greg has a wide ranging effect. I just got back from three days in Albuquerque where it rained continuously (where it usually never rains, and certainly not heavily or continuously). Took my bike for a grand total of 45 minutes of soggy riding in the foothills.

Hurricanes always get named. I suggest we call this phenomenon "Monsoon Greg." 😆

Edit — make that four straight days, with more to come. Extensive flooding, roads have been washed out, fatalities, and at least three towns, including Estes Park, are completely isolated by water.

I’m on my way to Home Depo–hoping they have enough lumber left to build an ark for a family w/bikes.

Greg was just bringing some of that excess Georgia humidity back with him. It’s good to share. 😆

Is there any truth to the rumor that a new group has formed," Coloradian Mountain Bikers Against MTBgreg"? 😆

Hey guys, it is officially NOT me. ;) did a solid 3 hr ride today that was dry, sunny, and HOT, and this is my 5th or 6th day of riding this week 😃

Uh,
      I think you’re like the eye of the hurricane–all calm where you are but a mess all around!

Glad you’re enjoying Salida. If I’d known how bad things were going to be here this week, I’d have made plans to head your way!

"skibum" wrote

Uh,
      I think you’re like the eye of the hurricane–all calm where you are but a mess all around!

Glad you’re enjoying Salida. If I’d known how bad things were going to be here this week, I’d have made plans to head your way!

Thanks! We definitely need to plan a ride this fall.

Greg, you aren’t planning a trip to Angel Fire this month are you? Our plan was to hit Keystone this weekend (rained out), Sol Vista next weekend and Angel Fire the following weekend. Sorry, promise this is last shot at your weather curse, unless it keeps up?????

"Gdb49" wrote

Greg, you aren’t planning a trip to Angel Fire this month are you? Our plan was to hit Keystone this weekend (rained out), Sol Vista next weekend and Angel Fire the following weekend. Sorry, promise this is last shot at your weather curse, unless it keeps up?????

Nope, you should be good to go!

MTI

The weather has been great in N. Georgia for the past two weeks I have done several rides. Just saying. I don’t think it is because Gregg left 😼

Strange – storms and flooding in normally dry Colorado that looks very similar to what we see pretty regular here in the Appalachians. Sunny, dry and 70’s here in Virginia – perfect riding weather after a humid monsoonish summer.

Greg, could you visit California again? We could use some moisture!

"mtbgreg1" wrote

Hey guys, it is officially NOT me. ;) did a solid 3 hr ride today that was dry, sunny, and HOT, and this is my 5th or 6th day of riding this week 😃

Who are you trying to fool Greg?………..or are you going to blame your ultra-ego Goo!

Viewing 13 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.