Three for free!!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

A few weeks ago my wife and I closed on our first house. It has an attached 2 1/2 car garage and another single car garage/workshop in the very corner of the back yard. I wasn’t overly concerned about the extra one car garage. Have plenty of other little things to take care of before we move in the first of March. Every day that I have been out to the new house to do some work when I get home my wife asks if I got the frozen door to the extra garage open yet.

Finally I decided while I was out at the house today I would see if I could go muscle the stuck door open. After a few minutes I got it open. Much to my surprise there were three Mountain Bikes hanging from the rafters! A Huffy, a full suspension Kent, and a Giant Innova hybrid!

I am pretty sure I can sell the Huffy and Kent fairly quick considering that I live not to far from Michigan State. I’ll take the money form those two bikes and fix up the Giant which the frame, crank, fork, headset and bars all seem to be good. Just needs a few little things to make it ridable.

Now I won’t have to feel bad about forking out money for a new bike for her to only find out she isn’t really in to it.

😉

very nice man! you hit the jackpot!

SCORE!

Congrats on the new home and the big score! Looks as though Burchfield, Yankee Springs and Custer will be you new locals if they were not already.
      Cheers

woohooo!!!!!

"MINIC" wrote

Congrats on the new home and the big score! Looks as though Burchfield, Yankee Springs and Custer will be you new locals if they were not already.
      Cheers

Thanks man. Our house is exactly two miles away on the same road as Burchfield! How stoked do you think I was when my wife said she found a house on the same road that she realy likes? 😉 I was like sure honey lets go look at it. No more loading up the bike for me unless I’m going to ride out of town.

Maybe you should try and get in touch with the owners to see if they forgot about those bikes.

That is a pretty cool story. I ride at Burchfield so maybe I will see you out there?

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.