October 5, 2020 at 17:26 #507734
Wow, I’m amazed And thankful with the responses on my dumb questions,
so I got a trek rosco 8 on order, got a tailgate pad, riding my city cruiser daily to get my legs and lungs ready. Now I’m in search of protection,
1)what’s a good helmet? I was looking at the bontregger (spelling?) at my local shop
2) I like riding in shorts but was thinking the Fox shin/knee sleeves for abrasion protection, good choice??
3) Same fox elbow forearm sleeves for arms. Good choice??
4) motocross style gloves or is there a difference with mtb gloves?
October 5, 2020 at 18:15 #507736
I think you will find any and all answers to be personal preferences, but here are mine.
- Most “half shell” helmets made for MTB are ok, I prefer one that has MIPS or some other rotational system. If it fits, and feels comfortable then great. Think about ventilation, especially if you sweat a lot.
- As far as knee and shin pads, they can be great. I find them to be very hot (I do sweat a lot) so I find that I usually only wear them on really tough trails or ones I’m unfamiliar with.
- Same for elbow pads
- Gloves: In the summer I usually opt for thin gloves like those from handup gloves simply again because I sweat a lot. They aren’t padded on the knuckle areas but do a good job; but all other seasons, I use glove like Fox Dirtpaw gloves because catching a knuckle, on overhanging brush or branches isn’t fun.
Hope this helps
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.