This bike bell is seriously dope

Forums Mountain Bike Forum This bike bell is seriously dope

--
SHARES

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 14 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Daniel Lee Dault Jr. 3 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Knog is running a Kickstarter for a bike bell and it’s gone absolutely nuts. They were looking for like $15,000 but in just a week they’ve already raised $300,000! I have bells on all my bikes but this one is like leaps and bounds beyond anything I’ve seen. At first I thought the prices were too high but then I realized they’re in Australian dollars. 🙂 So, about $19 for the cheapest bell and about $33 for the titanium one. I love how low profile these things are!

Interesting.  I’m a noisy hub vs bell guy though.

Very nicely done! I was gonna sign up, but then I saw they aren’t shipping until August (at the earliest). It doesn’t look like they need my help reaching their goal, so I’ll wait until I can get one at my local shop.

That’s pretty cool.  been wanting a bell, maybe this is the one.

B0BTrailblazer

That is a really interesting design.  I like how it is very small and low profile.  I may have to get a few of these.

Looks sweet…how does it sound???

Neat idea, but I think I’ll still opt for my novelty horns – I find them a lot more fun, especially during races.

who runs a bell on their mountain bike?

I have never seen the need for one on my mountain bike.

who runs a bell on their mountain bike?

Ding, ding, ding! I do. 🙂

I have bells on all my bikes and I use the bells often and in many different situations:

• Giving hikers and bikers a heads up when I’m approaching from behind
      • Offering a friendly “hello” when approaching people from the front (99% of people smile when they hear a bike bell)
      • Signaling to lost riders. On our group ride at night we tend to get separated every now and then and we use our bells to find each other on the trail.
      • Offering encouragement at races

It seriously feels weird to ride a bike without my bell. I even bring one with me for rental bikes when I travel.

I have bells on all my bikes and I use the bells often and in many different situations:

• Giving hikers and bikers a heads up when I’m approaching from behind
      • Offering a friendly “hello” when approaching people from the front (99% of people smile when they hear a bike bell)
      • Signaling to lost riders. On our group ride at night we tend to get separated every now and then and we use our bells to find each other on the trail.
      • Offering encouragement at races

all valid reasons I have never thought of … thanks for sharing. I have one on my commuting bike but not my mountain bike.

Headed to Toronto this summer, and all of the locals say that bells are required on bikes in the city….I have no problem putting a bell on mine. Esp since it can come back off if need be…

Good finally an Australian company who is from Melbourne! I am deffinatly getting one

I saw it 2 weeks ago, within 5 minutes I had made my first kickstarter investment.

I just yell at people, uh I mean a courteous, How’s it going… lol.  But that does look nice.  Thanks for the share.

-GT

Seriously you need a bell iv never used one its i just say hey coming through or look out or excuse me much more clear on the message your trying to get across