The Upper Midwest his it going on, MTB-wise!

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

And that’s coming from a Colorado resident!

I just returned from a two week tour of the upper Midwest, mostly focused on Voyageurs National Park and canoeing the Boundary Waters Wilderness, but of course I took the bike as well and found a wide variety of trails I loved. In addition to the big name trails (Copper, Cuyuna, CAMBA, South Marquette), small, non-destination locations have built some really outstanding trails as well. A feature article on a couple of Northern Minnesota’s hidden gems; Movil Maze in Bemidji and Maple HIll Park in HIbbing is in the works. I was also had a blast on the ridge above Duluth with the newer loop at Brewer Park being a new fave, along with the adjacent Piedmont network–great riding there!!!

But what truly made the trip stand out from all the bike trips I’ve taken before was the people. who were without exception truly warm, welcoming and sharing. Minnesota/Michigan/Wisconsin don’t have well known reputations for being populated with great folks, but I’ve never been made so welcome on a trip as I was the last couple weeks. Thanks to all for making such a marvelous experience possible!! 😃

Can’t wait for the article! I’ve spent a small amount of time in there area, it really is beautiful. I need to get back with my bike!

I love the Upper Midwest (I also happen to live there too). There might not be huge ascents and huge descents but the trails have some of the best flow around.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.