the little things

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

so this morning i went out for a ride with Goo, and decided to ask a guy who i really look up to to come with us, Johnny.

we rode around for a while, and i was always waaaay behind, which i expected as im out of shape and have a lot less time on the bike. Goo had to leave around 9, and then Johnny took me and put me thru what i would call a mini boot camp, and from 9AM to 12PM i probably doubled how fast i can go.

he had me do 2 things, keep my head up where i was looking about 30ft in front of me. his logic was "you’re gonna go where ever youre looking, so look where you want to go and dont stare at trees" this made it so going thru a rock garden was like going over pavenment, i didnt even notice it, i was paying too much attention to what line i was going to take next.

the second thing was the attack stance with my feet even, which helped me absorb bumps with more ease, and just have more control. i was amazed at how much faster i went by doing 2 little things.

thanks chili, i was surprised at how much i was holding myself back. rock gardens roots, fast switchbacks, by looking at the thing ahead of what i was doing i did them without even thinking about it.

its just amazing, how much you do when you dont put your mind to it 😄 😆

To an experienced rider those two things are like "DUH!" but, everyone has to learn that at some point. And it is a revelation when you figure it out.

Just wait till you learn how to really loosen up and let it fly on the downhills. 😼

dude, glad that johnny was able to help you out! if you ever have any questions or want advice when we’re out riding, just ask. I’ll willingly give it! But I don’t like to force it on people, if you know what i mean 😉

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.