The Hunger

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Whatever you call it, the hunger, the urge, the addiction, its that desire for the next ride. Even if its just going to be on my local park trails its something worth looking forward to.

But after my ride today (which I added to singletracks of course [url:36h1pzsu]http://www.singletracks.com/bike-trails/mono-cliffs-provincial-park.html[/url:36h1pzsu]) I’ve realised when its at its strongest, just after I finish cleaning my bike. There it is, glistening, clean and freshly lubed and all I can think about is getting it covered in mud again.

I think I could benefit from a post-cleaning support group.

I know what you mean!

I normally get it the most when I’m sitting at my desk at work, looking at trail stuff… like right now!

"Fitch" wrote

I normally get it the most when I’m sitting at my desk at work, looking at trail stuff… like right now!

I never do that! I don’t know what you mean! Really!

Oh wait… 😳

I get the same feeling when I’m sitting here working, and then I look out my window at the hills above town and can see someone rolling along the trail, having a grand ‘ole time… makes me wonder what they’re doing different in life, lol! But I know I’ll get my chance soon 😃

"mtbgreg1" wrote

I get the same feeling when I’m sitting here working, and then I look out my window at the hills above town and can see someone rolling along the trail, having a grand ‘ole time… makes me wonder what they’re doing different in life, lol! But I know I’ll get my chance soon 😃

What that saying again? "The grass is always greener!" Others like myself, might think you have it pretty good Greg.. These race reports you’ve been posting lately tell a different story about the amount of time you don’t sit at a desk. Just saying!

"slipfinger" wrote

[quote="mtbgreg1":2a9h1n3w]I get the same feeling when I’m sitting here working, and then I look out my window at the hills above town and can see someone rolling along the trail, having a grand ‘ole time… makes me wonder what they’re doing different in life, lol! But I know I’ll get my chance soon 😃

What that saying again? "The grass is always greener!" Others like myself, might think you have it pretty good Greg.. These race reports you’ve been posting lately tell a different story about the amount of time you don’t sit at a desk. Just saying![/quote:2a9h1n3w]

Lol I race on the weekends, just like everyone else… but I’m not going to lie, I do dig my job! 😄

Your health and happiness is directly related to your job and the stress involved with it, you seem pretty healthy and happy.

I love my job as a golf course superintendent, being outdoors and all. I’d love it more if It involved bikes and not golf clubs!

"slipfinger" wrote

Your health and happiness is directly related to your job and the stress involved with it, you seem pretty healthy and happy.

I whole heartedly agree with this! I had a job for 10 years that was real toxic and I wound up with several severe health issues. I’m out of that now, thank goodness. Even though I’m making less money, my peace of mind and health have improved sooo much!

Ditto.

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.