The Dark side of Road Riding?

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I have been and always will be a lover of the trails. However, I’m finding myself on asphault a lot more than expected these days. I have no problem with that because the roadside trails in Germany are just as incredible as the "off" road trails. Anyway, I’ve seen and heard of a few "hybrid" tires for MTB’s. I wouldn’t mind finding a tire that will allow me to ride the road but also allow me to hop off anytime I feel, and still catch some trails. The trails aren’t "vicious" in my area of Germany (Rheinland-Pfalz); mostly packed trails, log roads. But every-now-and-then, it gets tricky and need a little traction. Anyway, I need some recommendations on a tire that’ll go both ways but maybe a ‘little’ more towards the trail. Is there such a thing?? Thanks ya’ll.

RB

You should check out "touring" or "cyclocross" tires. Typically, they’re of lower volume than regular MTB tires, but they can come slightly knobby and have smooth tracks in the middle for when you’re conquering the pavement.

I just put a set of these on my dad’s bike because he rides mostly gravel roads and pavement, with the occasional trail once and a while.

[url:3qwepnrt]http://www.cambriabike.com/shopexd.asp?id=40977&page=Vittoria+Randonneur+Cross+Cyclocross+Tire[/url:3qwepnrt]

If you are on an MTB you might consider an XC race tire
      Low rolling resistance and light weight

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.