Tax Refund — MTB!

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author

Alright guys, for those of you who are expecting to get money back from our government, how much of it will you be planning on putting towards for your MTB? Personally this year, I think I’ll be going with about 75%. Need some need stuff badly!!

i plan on spending 100% of it. i need some new hubs and anything else bike related i might need/want 😃

If the money wasn’t already ear marked to pay off some debt I’d have picked up a Trek Fuel Ex 5 or 6 this year.

Theres always next year.

None here. It’s all going into our first house that we closed on last week. Luckily I sold my old bike a few weeks before we closed and picked up a 6 month old Fisher 29er from a buddy for a great price! I also got quite a few gift cards from Price Point for Christmas so I am almost set for this years riding season.

I will be picking up a few things here and there in the next few months though like the Bontrager Carbon bars I won on Ebay last night! The money just won’t come from our tax refund. It will come from that magic place where money appears and disappears just as fast that the wifey doesn’t know about. 😉

The wife and I did that last year. We spent about 75% or our refund getting new bikes. I’ve got some money tagged for additional tools, tires, and gear from this years refund. I already spent more in the last few months than I was planning to upgrading the bike I bought last Feb. 😀

hoping to get my fork rebuilt with the money. it needs it pretty badly.

Realistically, the percent will be what my wife allows me to have! I should get some though. What ever the $ amount, I’m going to put it towards a full overhaul for my full-susp rig. By word of mouth, I have heard very good things about a LBS’s service packages.

I was hoping 50%,haha.

I’d like a new set of longer travel forks,a stem,and a new set of handlebars.

I will be spending nothing. I have been trying to save for a down payment on a new car, and even that might not happen.

My bike is in pretty good shape as I just built it last spring.

I’m getting some new shoes with a credit I have at the LBS, new gloves with an REI gift card from Christmas and MAYBE a used Fox fork if I can score a deal on one.

I picked up a new 130mm fork to replace my 80mm set that’s on there now,and a new set of DH riser bars and a short stem….ended up being a bit under 50%. 😃

Good thread Asfyxiate,
      I say spend all you can on your MTB and know your spending it well!!! 😃 Spent up about a 25 % this year on a {new to me }Remedy 66 and lovin that full suspension man!

Galaxy, way to go on the new fork bro!!!!Gonna be sportin it on sunday?

It should be here this afternoon so unless it takes me 36 hours to put it on,it’ll be on there by Sunday.I will need to cut the steerer tube and that will NOT happen with a hacksaw,bit too ghetto and it will just end up with a poor cut.I’ll probably take it to work and either put it on the metal saw or set it up in a mill and mill it down to the right length.I forgot to order headset spacers so I may have to go hunt down a few at the LBS today.

"ChiliPepper" wrote

I am heading out to do some urban FR with a couple buddies of mine.

glad someone has some decent weather. it’s raining cats and dogs up here!

While I respect a hacksaw,even with a guide it’s hard to get a nice cut and me being a machinist that is unhappy if something is .002" away from my target measurement…a hacksaw will not cut it,har har. 😛

Another reason,I don’t own a hacksaw and my pipe cutter is broken so I really have no choice.

I had planned on using about 3-4 spacers also so I just have to go find some and wait on Fedex to get here.

none for me this year used money last year to get my Jamis this year it’s all about buying my rock climbing and repelling gear and kayak gear.

Viewing 15 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.