Sweet weekend!

Tagged: 

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author

"Propwash" and I just finished a fantastic weekend: Monarch Crest Trail on Saturday, followed by Trail 401 in Crested Butte on Sunday. Views, trails, & dirt were all primo! No crashes, injuries, or mechanical failures either!
      I hope everyone else had as much fun this weekend as we did!

Wow, that’s a big weekend for sure! Great pics!

trek7k,
      I hope you took notice that I had my singletracks jersey on for the Monarch Crest ride. I made sure to wear it on the day I would see the most other people on the trail!

nanook

"nanook" wrote

"Propwash" and I just finished a fantastic weekend: Monarch Crest Trail on Saturday, followed by Trail 401 in Crested Butte on Sunday.
      I hope everyone else had as much fun this weekend as we did!

I had a good weekend. You had a great weekend. Those two trails are on my Colorado bucket list. Nice pics too, thanks for posting! 😃

Love the jersey nanook! Did you see many folks riding up there this weekend? Looks like you guys had great weather.

"trek7k" wrote

Did you see many folks riding up there this weekend?

We caught the 8 am shuttle out of Poncha Springs with about 3 dozen other riders. Combine that with all the mtbers that shuttled/carpooled themselves that morning and we had lots of company! However, the trail never really felt crowded to me. It seemed like every rest stop we made, we got to chat with a new group of people; everyone was quite friendly. It was interesting to see that many people, exerting themselves that hard, all with big grins on their faces!

Very nice pics guys….

very cool,

Great Weekend–the Crest Rules!

I was pretty concerned with the crowd the first time I went up there, but everybody seemed to disperse pretty quickly and I was pretty lonely for most of the ride. And if you really want solitude, there’s a few alternate routes down that are as much fun as the traditional route.

I gotta get to the Butte–big hole in my MTB resume!

the Crest is a nice 401 warm up, kinda! i love how the snow plug is still on Schofield, no cars to bother you. It Doesn’t seem like it will all melt off either?

just curious where you guys stayed for the night once you got done in CB?

-YES

Love Monarch Crest, only ridden it once but amazing views and sweet trails near streams, beaver dams. 12000’+.
      Mt Graham, made for a cool AZ weekend full of riding, for me and amigos.

"neil.beltchenko" wrote

the Crest is a nice 401 warm up, kinda! i love how the snow plug is still on Schofield, no cars to bother you. It Doesn’t seem like it will all melt off either?

just curious where you guys stayed for the night once you got done in CB?

-YES

Yeah, If the snow on Schofield lasts much longer the weather will cool enough for fresh snow to start adding to it!

I spent the night in my own bed @ home after Trail 401! We drove to Salida Friday afternoon & hit a campground just outside of town that night. Caught the 8am shuttle in Poncha Springs for Monarch Crest. Followed the ride with a late lunch, then drove to CB and cruised the main drag to see the sights. We grabbed some dinner in town before heading up to Gothic Campground for the night. Got up early to pack up camp and was still in the saddle around 9am. Back to the vehicle at noon to clean up, cook lunch, and load the bikes before heading for home.

It snowed above 10,000 feet last night… 😮

"maddslacker" wrote

It snowed above 10,000 feet last night… 😮

Still planning on riding Kenosha Pass on Saturday… 😄

The last time I rode it was three years ago:
      ’nuff said 😉

I rode it last year on 9/25 and didn’t see a lick of snow, just a lot of golden aspen leaves falling! I’m hoping the weather is as good as predicted for the weekend. Regardless, I’m not afraid of some mud and/or snow; I grew up in Fairbanks, AK!

"maddslacker" wrote

The last time I rode it was three years ago:
      ’nuff said 😉

You need better trail beta! 😄 That dusting you were referring to? Non-existent this morning; perfect weather and fantastic trail conditions!

I know…I was there today. That pic above was from my last visit 4 years ago.

Viewing 17 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.