Surprise bday trip

Forums Mountain Bike Forum Surprise bday trip

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hello all!

I would like to surprise my husband with a short trip out to Colorado for a day of mountain biking and a day of hiking next weekend, Oct 8-11. We’re from Missouri so looking for somewhere closer to the Kansas border if possible, but willing to travel further if it would be better.

Also, are there any group ride meetups that he would be able to join in any of the areas? I obviously wouldn’t want him going out there alone to ride. I would be hanging back with our daughter.

Thank you!

Colorado is a big state. You need to be more specific about where you are going in Colorado. The entire eastern half of Colorado is mostly flat dry plains. I don’t think you want to travel there? Colorado doesn’t really get interesting until you get to the western half of the state.

It’s getting close to winter. Colorado Springs and Pueblo have many trails. Warmest part of Front Range.

The weekend looks great for riding.  Buffalo Creek, Oil Well Flats, or come into Colorado Springs and hit a variety of spots that are within ten mintes of each other.  Heading out to ride Switchgrass in Kansas or would offer to take him out.  There are some epics, but you run the risk of bad weather this time of year and the above places should be safe bets.  If your in Colorado Springs your hiking day can be Garden of the Gods and the Olympic Museum or up Pikes Peak.  Let us know what you chose and how it went.  Good luck, have fun!

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.