Super cheap Bike Repair Stands…

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author

I was looking through Buy.com (now called Rakuten.com) and I saw these bike repair stands:
      [url:2st9ihmn]http://factory-direct-prices.store.rakuten.com/p/rad-cycle-pro-mechanic-bicycle-repair-stand-work-like-a-pro-mechanic/225147993.html[/url:2st9ihmn]
      …or this a better one?
      [url:2st9ihmn]http://factory-direct-prices.store.rakuten.com/p/rad-cycle-radical-bike-repair-stand-fully-adjustable-bicycle-stand/234093944.html[/url:2st9ihmn]
      …or this one?
      [url:2st9ihmn]http://www.rakuten.com/prod/rad-cycle-products-pro-bicycle-adjustable-repair-stand/225809604.html[/url:2st9ihmn]

They are super cheap. Has anyone used any one of these? Are they worth while getting?

The second one has some pretty good reviews …or am I just barking up the wrong tree?

Based on the pics, #2 does appear to have the best design. None of them look particularly burly (esp. compared to the Park stands) but then again, that’s a good price. The tool tray is a nice addition.

Those are cheap! That top one is an interesting design. Looks very handy to work on bikes at eye level, but a bit complicated!

Sweet post. I just bough the first one…35 bucks! free shipping..no brainer.. doesn’t look very robust but I’m down with that design putting all the weight on the bottom bracket.. Because of its simplicity it’s robust where it needs to be Regardless, it beats hanging my bike on my car bike rack when I have to work on it..

I’ll give a little review on this thread as soon as I get my hands on it..

Hey, for $35, if it breaks quick, it’s not that big of a loss!

"gar29" wrote

Hey, for $35, if it breaks quick, it’s not that big of a loss!

Yeah I figure I can jerry rig it to suit my needs if its a total flop…

If Santa hadn’t brought me a Park stand a few years ago I would be all over one of those. They look sturdy enough to do their job.

I agree that the first one seems odd but CHEAP!

"Spartan" wrote

Sweet post. I just bough the first one…35 bucks! free shipping..no brainer.. doesn’t look very robust but I’m down with that design putting all the weight on the bottom bracket.. Because of its simplicity it’s robust where it needs to be Regardless, it beats hanging my bike on my car bike rack when I have to work on it..

I’ll give a little review on this thread as soon as I get my hands on it..

That is what I was starting to think too. Simple design at a super cheap price. As long as it is not complete garbage, at $35 is worth checking out.

I am really looking forward to your review.

SO I did receive the cheap 35 dollar bike stand the other day. It great! so worth the money and free shipping!

Obvi, Its not pro quality but its better quality than I thought it would be. If you take care of it and use it properly it should last very long.

Other than the price..the reason I gave this one a go was because I liked the way it used that base tube to take all the weight of the bike via the bottom bracket.. It works great. Its not tippy either. I can really crank the pedals without any obstructions.

Its way lower to the ground than I though. I would like it higher but for 35 bucks ya can’t really complain. Im 6’2 and the cranks end up at my waist/thighs. SO I could either build a box to stand the whole unit on or I can just sit on a chair if needed.

My bike is a 21" frame 29er and I had no problem fitting it into the swing arm. Once the bike is seated and clamped down its not going anywhere.. The calipers are great for keeping the handlebars and the front wheel perfectly still.

My bike is 31lbs. and this stand had no problem with the weight. SO grab one while you still can…Worst case scenario you sell it for 50 bucks on Craigslist and net 20..lol!

I have been on this website for over a yr now and can’t for the life of me figure out how to add a pic from my own pc files… this below post gives me no hints either..
      viewtopic.php?t=7164&p=42863

I did add a pic to my profie that shows my bike in the stand….just waiting for the pic to be approved by ST.

I have been on this website for over a yr now and can’t for the life of me figure out how to add a pic from my own pc files… this below post gives me no hints either..
      viewtopic.php?t=7164&p=42863

I did add a pic to my profie that shows my bike in the stand….just waiting for the pic to be approved by ST.

No pics currently pending approval…

If it’s easier for you, you might want to try signing up for an imgur or photobucket account and just copy/paste the BBcode into the box when you write your message.

You can always add the bike stand to "your gear", and upload photos there. Then you can use those posted photos to hyperlink to this thread.

Does this link work to see a pic?

http://www.singletracks.com/photo.php?p=56034&c=0

"Spartan" wrote

Does this link work to see a pic?

http://www.singletracks.com/photo.php?p=56034&c=0

Yes indeed! And if you click the "share" button on the right side of that photo screen, it will give you the embed code for the forum.

I wish that I could get just the upper rotating clamp part similar to the 2nd and third one. I already have 2 large heavy duty photographer studio light stands, plus 3 additional smaller ones. I would then attach the bike clamp to one of my light stands and I’ll be all set.

My heavy duty light stands are much more robust than these bike stands, and can lift up to around 6ft high. Two of my lighter duty stands are similar to these bike stands and only lift to around 5ft high.

Anyone know of any available bike clamps that I could use with my light stands?

"blundar" wrote

I wish that I could get just the upper rotating clamp part similar to the 2nd and third one. I already have 2 large heavy duty photographer studio light stands, plus 3 additional smaller ones. I would then attach the bike clamp to one of my light stands and I’ll be all set.

My heavy duty light stands are much more robust than these bike stands, and can lift up to around 6ft high. Two of my lighter duty stands are similar to these bike stands and only lift to around 5ft high.

Anyone know of any available bike clamps that I could use with my light stands?

How about this [url:16cc1ibk]http://www.parktool.com/product/home-mechanic-bench-mount-repair-stand-pcs-12[/url:16cc1ibk] just remove the bottom plate.

If I knew the diameter size of the mounting base post on this clamp is, then I can probably figure out a way to mount it on one of my light stands.
      Does anyone have one of these that they can measure?

Viewing 15 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.