Such a sweet Solstice!

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Man tonight was a great ride! I left work on bike around 6:30 and went over to Ridgeline. Started on the far side from the Gould Street access. Never done that leg, FUN!

From there I zig-zagged across the trails and found myself at the Coachline trail head.

After pulling out on Coachline I rode down to the path in Castle Rock and took that over to Memmen Ridge. I did a few laps there, man I forgot how fun that little park was. Been a long time since I was there last. There was some soft sand area I didn’t remember, but still love that little park.

After finishing Memmen I rode out Gilbert Rd to Crystal Valley, however, before I got there the sunset was just awesome. I was hoping to be on top of Quarry Mesa for the sunset, but didn’t make it. Took some pics from the road. After that I went up to Ryolite/Quarry mesa for a few more dirt paths to the day. Stopped up top at the overlook. It’s a fun area up there. Someone has built some serious cairns up there.

ImageImage

After the short break it was light time (Thank you again Scar). I found a new way back over to Castle Rock without using the Frontage road. i really wanted to stay on non busy routes. And it worked out great. I tied on the Plum Creek (that comes out at the fairgrounds) and is was a nice smooth ride, plus the decorative waterfall was fun to take pics of.

From there I strolled into Downtown CR, turns out every Friday starting at 6pm there is a car show in the Library Parking lot. I did not know this. Hoever by the time I was there only a very few die hards were left. After a short stop there I was off to various paths in CR and going under the new tunnels. and back to my car. It was a fantastic ride. The routes I took I guestimate 25 – 30 miles. Really a great way to see the rock if you have a few hours.

This was a great Solstice!

Man, looks like quite a ride! Love the bike, btw!

It was a great ride. The bike is awesome. It has quickly become my go to bike!

Great pics! You always have such fantastic views from all your trails. I hope to get out that way someday!

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.