stache 7 or cannondale sl2

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Would like some help on what would be a good choice stache 7 by trek or
      Cannondale sl 2 29ers.

Find them. Ride them. Make your decision based on that. No one on here will be able to tell you which bike will fit YOU best. Good luck!

"ft.pierce_mike" wrote

Would like some help on what would be a good choice stache 7 by trek or
      Cannondale sl 2 29ers.

What bike did you end up getting? I ride a Tallboy LT but got the Hardtail bug during a Trek demo back in September. I didn’t really want an XC hardtail and went crazy for the Stache 8 during the demo. I just ordered a 2014 Stache 8 today and should have it next week. I myself have not demoed a cannondale but I have demoed a bunch of different brands/models. If you’re still shopping around, like many have mentioned you really need to ride both bikes and on a trail if at all possible. Thats the only way you will no for sure which bike is better, it will be the one that feels better to you and causes that ear to ear grin. I have only gotten that grin and the talking to myself saying "whole crap this bike is awesome" on 2 bikes, the Tallboy LT and now the Stache 8, well maybe 3 the Niner RIP 9 did it for me also. If you ride a bike and you dont get that feeling, then keep on demoing others until that happens for you.

Hey mike! Goonie72 is right. When it makes you smile and say DAMN! Its in the running! It’s funny but I am in the same boat,almost! I am between the Superfly AL and the Cannondale SL2. The Superfly is faster than the stache which I also demoed. It is also stable. The guy threw out a stache 7 for $1200 out the door(2013) The superfly is also a 2013 for $1300 out the door. Now I have started looking at the airborne goblin! I seem to delight in driving myself NUTS!! They really do a nice job but the trouble is you don’t get a shop or a test ride! They will let you return it for I believe it’s 30 days. I am thinkin hard on them. The 2013 Superfly AL is on sale for$1399 but they are all 19" and the one I rode was a 21" and $1300. They still have a bunch of 19" for that at the warehouse. May want to give it a try.
      Bill

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.