sram x0 or x9?

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

I’m in a pickle, switching out my shimano drivetrain for sram 2×10 cant make a my mind on weather to go for the x9 group or go all out an get the x0 group what do u guys think?

Deciding factor here is what your willing to spend

Both groups work well. XO is lighter a bit here and there on components. Your getting a Carbon crank arm on the XO. XO brakes are a bit lighter 333g vs 375g but you loose the tool free reach adjustment. Shifting are nearly identical but again XO parts save weight.

The thing with X9 are there are a few extra options on fitment issues such as front derailleur options. The group also has hubs if you choose to use them as well.

MSRP approximately for XO —$1879.00
      MSRP approximately for X9 —$1129.00 *not including hubs.

** brakes, crank,shifter,BB,chain,FD,RD, cassette**

"element22" wrote

MSRP approximately for XO —$1879.00
      MSRP approximately for X9 —$1129.00 *not including hubs.

** brakes, crank,shifter,BB,chain,FD,RD, cassette**

$750 will get you a nice fork.

Roundabout, what’s the weight difference between the X9 and X0? Assuming you get the same spec/options in each (2x crank w/same tooth count, same gearing cassette, same FD mount/pull, etc)

Bonus points if you throw X7 in there 😃

Just in case your wondering

X7 group MSRP $789.00

When I bought my AM bike 6 years ago, I splurged and got it with X.0 stuff–loved it. But when it came time to replace individual components (the rear derailleur went first), I couldn’t bring myself to spring for the price difference and opted for the "downgrade." Didn’t miss a beat–I don’t notice a few grams difference and the X.9 stuff was just as smooth. In the end, it all depends on how deep your pockets are.

I bought XO 2×10 the other day but I bet you’ll be happy with either. As long as its not that Shimano garbage. 😃

ya im going with the x0 2×10, and ya cant stand the shimano stuff thats on it now!!

"cmoto47" wrote

ya im going with the x0 2×10, and ya cant stand the shimano stuff thats on it now!!

What kinda specs you got for shimano?

its slx/xt stuff that came with my ex8 when I bought it lsat sept. have a 08 gf paragon that has all x9 divetrain works so much better night an day difference

go to youtube and watch the XO vs. XTR video its 45secs but shows but RD on the same exact trail section and it shows the movement of both RDs and the XO blows it away. I’m pretty sure I wont buy a bike if it has shimano on it.

You know that is biased… You can’t ride the exact same line twice. Also, you don’t know ifthey are even riding close to the same line. And maybe the Derailluers aren’t adjusted right…..

Shimano haters…… 😏

i am slowly changing from X7 to xx as I have the money. so far I love the sram stuff but still like the shimano on my other bike.

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.