SRAM GX Eagle 1×12 drivetrain

Forums Mountain Bike Forum SRAM GX Eagle 1×12 drivetrain

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

I noticed the new Santa Cruz Nomad “S” comes specced with SRAM GX Eagle 1×12.  Does anybody have the specifics of the new 2018 GX Eagle drivetrain?  Somebody in China already has a mini groupset up for sale on eBay for $435.  I’m hoping that the cassette, shifter, RD, and chain sell for less than that, though, because that would be almost $200 just for a single extra gear/cog.

Not sure if this price is indicative of where the MSRP will come in. This could just be a case of people charging a premium since the group hasn’t even been officially announced yet.

That being said, I’m sure it will be more expensive than a 1×11 GX group.

Yeah I’m sure the price will be lower than that.  I think around 125% of the GX 1×11 component value would be ballpark after things settle down, just based on what the XX1 and X01 Eagles go for compared to their 1×11 counterparts.

Weight-wise it seems pretty decent, adding only about 120g compared to bottom-line GX 1×11 components.

According to what we’ve heard, official details on SRAM GX are embargoed for now. We’ll be sure to post when we have more info!

Also FYI for everyone, photos and a little (very little) info, here:

Santa Cruz Drops All-New 4th Generation Nomad and Juliana Strega, Leaks SRAM GX Eagle 1×12 Photos

SRAM even has a GX Eagle page on their website that’s been picked up by Google, though as of this morning it’s blank.

https://www.sram.com/sram/mountain/family/GX-eagle#sm.000sxm7tjr2ydlb11aw29tfow9wu4

Official photos from SRAM:

At under $500 for the whole thing and less if you don’t change your cranks (11 speed chainrings are compatible), it’s a steal. At this point there is no reason that any mountain biker needs a front derailleur.

Am I correct that anyone running anything other than a x11 rear cassette would have to change out their rear hub to run this setup?  From my reading, that seems to be the case.

Yes, you would need an XD driver to run these SRAM 12 speed cassettes.

Viewing 11 reply threads