Spring Ride – In January

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

70’s yesterday. Planned chore got kicked to the curb, MTB passion took its place.

A ride was in order. Between my duplex and the Mill Mountain trails are two miles of Roanoke River Greenway. Apparently I was not the only one to take advantage of the break in the weather.

A few miles of toddler and puppy dodging, and then the climb to the top of Mill Mountain. Crowded on top too

The view was good, but had to leave the crowd behind

Forsythia confused, “is it April yet?”

Hard to see, but that is a honey bee on the bottom of the flower.
      Back onto single track for the descent
      Return on greenway with some interesting company, boom box in the basket

Sweet pics!

I get excited when it’s between 15 and 20 degrees. I can’t imagine how nice it would be to have 70 degree weather at this time of the year!

CP1

in the mid 80’s here in the deep south!! 😮

I would love to have some form of cool weather, but I guess it beats the 90’s plus. 😆

It was 70 again today so chores have been postponed again 😆 Short lived though its supposed to be back in the 40’s by Tuesday, more normal for us this time of year. Fun while it lasted.

Are those singletrack shots from the mountain with the star? Dang, shoulda ridden that…

"mtbgreg1" wrote

Are those singletrack shots from the mountain with the star? Dang, shoulda ridden that…

Yes that is Ridgeline Trail and Wood Thrush Trail on Mill Mountain, down below the star. Definitely worth checking out if you just have a couple hours to ride.

"CraigCreekRider" wrote

[quote="mtbgreg1":2mlo241l]Are those singletrack shots from the mountain with the star? Dang, shoulda ridden that…

Yes that is Ridgeline Trail and Wood Thrush Trail on Mill Mountain, down below the star. Definitely worth checking out if you just have a couple hours to ride.[/quote:2mlo241l]

I guess I’ll just have to hit it next time I’m up there!

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.