Spring 2013 Ride Pics

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Spring 2013 Ride Pics

It has been a while since I posted any ride pics. Weather was mostly uncooperative this spring, but I managed to ride a bit. Some samples:

Saint Paddy’s Day – always big in Roanoke.

Fun for a little while then I hit Mill Mountain for a ride

Back further out in the Blue Ridge
      Robo on a locals favorite, Dody Ridge
      Early spring water crossings are always fun

Dragons Tale Race
      When you don’t have an extra shoe, sometimes a glove will just have to do

Middle Mountain Mama Race
      I wondered what became of this poor little plant who germinated in the wrong spot, right smack in the middle of Middle Mountain Trail
      The XC racers take off

A charity ride to raise some money for the family of one of our guys who sadly just passed. Like most of our rides it is an over and back on the Blue Ridge
      Up Image
      Blue Ridge Parkway riding

This is probably the largest group I have ridden with ever.
      Image Like has been bought up a number of times on the Singletrack forum, the average age of this crew has to be a least mid forties.

There probably be a Spring Ride Pics part 2, if I don’t get lazy and blow it off 😆

Fantastic pics! What part/trail of the Blue Ridge MNTs are you fellows riding? I usually camp in the Blue Ridge range around the end of October for my birthday, then attend the NASCAR race in Martinsville. I was looking for a recommended ride in this area. Last year I stayed at Hanging Rock State Park, but I’m willing to travel a little further for a nice trail system.

"PSUtuna" wrote

Fantastic pics! What part/trail of the Blue Ridge MNTs are you fellows riding? I usually camp in the Blue Ridge range around the end of October for my birthday, then attend the NASCAR race in Martinsville. I was looking for a recommended ride in this area. Last year I stayed at Hanging Rock State Park, but I’m willing to travel a little further for a nice trail system.

The Blue Ridge region that we ride in is north of Roanoke, south of the James River. We ride in the national forest region north and west of Roanoke also.

Great pics CCR! So many good memories from my short visit to Roanoke…

Great picts! Looks like you had a blast!

Awesome pictures! Looks like I need to head towards Roanoke for some new places to ride 😃

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.