Spots to ride in OR

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Hello everybody!

I was just wondering if there was a good resource that someone was aware of that had a good list of trails here in Oregon. I’ve looked on the map here, and there’s a good list, but it seems limited. There are also a lot of trails that get listed that are not actually bike friendly. The map is helpful, but it seems like it’s also full of a lot of really old information.

Try MTBR.com. McKenzie River is my favorite but heard North Umpqua is better. Bend rocks. High Lakes Trail and Golden Stairs Trail are on my next trip there. Heard good things about Mt Ashland.

The list here isn’t bad. What part of OR? (It’s a big state). I haven’t looked at the mtbr list for a long time. IIRC it also suffered from old data and trails that weren’t what I would call necessarily accurately described. The OR mtbr forum is more useful than the trail pages IMO. Mtb project has some OR data, and Cota has info on bend trails.

Yeah, a little might depend upon which part of Oregon you’re visiting. We have great coverage here on Singletracks of Bend and Oakridge… I know because I added many of those listings (and spent hours studying maps and weeks riding) myself 😀 I’m sure there are a few spots in OR that could use some more growth in our database and exploration, but then again there are SO MANY trails to ride… cataloguing them all is a never-ending job!

I just did a roadtrip out there. so many good trails… Oakridge area, the Alpine Trail is notably epic. McKenzie River Trail, lots of stuff in Bend, tons of fun to find, I wish I lived closer.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.