Specialized Pitch Pro

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I have been looking at getting a full suspension for two years now. I currently have a Specialized Rockhopper. The type of riding in Tahoe would allmost warrants a full suspension. The Specialized Pitch Pro caught my eye and the 2010 model is actually gonna cost less that the two previous years models. Anyone with some insight on this bike? I was once considering the stuntjumper or the Enduro. I really am looking for an AM bike and like the adjustment of the front travel on the Pitch. The frame feels nice and stretched out like the rockhopper, I don’t like a short cockpit like the stuntjumper.

I too have been looking into this bike for a second bike. All the reviews I have read and everyone on mtbr.com say that it is a really good bike and it seems to be a great value.

I picked up a Pitch Pro about five months ago. It’s a great bike, very good quality. The geometry is a little slacker than a XC machine, which took some getting used to for me, and that compromises the climbing ability a little bit. But, the U-turn fork helps alot with that and it can still do very technical climbing. It’ll just test your legs on anything extended because it’s a little on the heavier side (33 Lbs for the large). But when the trail opens up it absolutely rips. I’ve had mine on rocky technical stuff and light freeride and it held up great.

The only time I wished I had my other bike was on a 40mi trail with smooth dirt and lots of climbing. As long as you need 6in of travel and are ok with pushing the weight, it’s a great bike. I have my SS for going fast and laying down miles and my Pitch for bombing through the rock gardens.

It’s a great bike and I’d buy it again.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.