Specialize Carve / Shimano M5100

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Hello guys.
      I’m from Brazil and I don’t speak english very well, so, sorry if I sorry if i write it wrong

I bought this Specialized Carve in 2013 with Deore M610 groupset and Shimano MT55 wheel.

I want to up my groupset to Shimano M5100 2×11, so I bought this components

Front Derailleur LLX 2X11V M7025H
      Rear Derailleur RD-M5120-SGS
      11V Shifter SL-M5100-R
      2V Shifter SL-M5100-L
      Crankset FC-M5100
      Cassette M7000 11-42
      Chain CN-HG601-11

BUT, I completely forgot to check the compatibility with my wheels.
      I was reading about this Shimano MT55 wheel and some people said that it works and some people said that it doesn’t work.

So could you help me with this question?

Will I need to buy another pair of wheels?

Thanks and again, sorry the English.

If you have your parts in hand, the best way to check would be to install the new cassette on the freewheel (assuming you have a cassette lock remover) and check the clearance between the rear triangle’s dropouts. That way you know you have enough clearance for both chain and cassette. Next step would to be install the new rear derailleur (don’t install cable yet) and using your thumb, push the derailleur to it’s lowest point (the largest ring on the cassette) and make sure the jockey wheels and derailleur cage don’t touch the ring. That will ensure smooth operation without damage to the components. Hope that helps a little.

Peace from up here in FL 🙂

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.