Smoked

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

My wife and I went to the Biltmore Estate last Sunday to ride the deer park trail, which has to be one of the easiest trails in existence. In order to reach the beginning, we had to travel down a grueling 1.5 mile stretch of nearly flat asphalt, followed by about a quarter mile of hard packed dirt along the riverside-whew!-
      The trail itself is out and back, 1.5 each way, all climb to start. I was looking pretty good going up, though I don’t know if the difference was conditioning, weight or technique.
      Coming back down was a blast! Nothing scary in the rock department, just fast. Then came the trip to the woodshed.
      When we took off for the parking lot I was feeling it. My wife, however, was fresh as a daisy, just rolling along like nothing. I was mashing like crazy to catch up, but nothing doing. By the time she got to the car I was a quarter of a mile back if I was an inch. Good thing we didn’t get road bikes. 😳

You, Sir, are a lucky man. Instead of holding back and trying to put on a ‘yes, I’m having fun’ game face, you get to push as hard as you can… or want to…

(seriously)

You got that right, man. My Cathy is the original "No excuses" girl. She’s never been one for any of this "but I’m a girl" stuff and she doesn’t like anything watered down. She totally helps me be my best.
      I’ve been telling her for years (24) that I am the luckiest guy around. Kind of you to notice. Watch out fer skeeters!

"ShinyPebble" wrote

My wife and I went to the Biltmore Estate last Sunday to ride the deer park trail, which has to be one of the easiest trails in existence. In order to reach the beginning, we had to travel down a grueling 1.5 mile stretch of nearly flat asphalt, followed by about a quarter mile of hard packed dirt along the riverside-whew!-
      The trail itself is out and back, 1.5 each way, all climb to start. I was looking pretty good going up, though I don’t know if the difference was conditioning, weight or technique.
      Coming back down was a blast! Nothing scary in the rock department, just fast. Then came the trip to the woodshed.
      When we took off for the parking lot I was feeling it. My wife, however, was fresh as a daisy, just rolling along like nothing. I was mashing like crazy to catch up, but nothing doing. By the time she got to the car I was a quarter of a mile back if I was an inch. Good thing we didn’t get road bikes. 😳

That was her day. Next ride you may have more in the MoJo department. Sounds like you ride pretty good together which is great.

My GF won’t ride singletracks anymore since the ‘unfortunate emergency room visit". She still smokes me sometimes on rails to trails though.

I must agree with everyone. You are one lucky man 😎

perhaps this is in order:

Last summer on Monarch Crest I got smoked on a climb by a girl wearing a jersey that read "You wish you could ride like a girl" and yes, she waited at the top for her man to catch up.

"maddslacker" wrote

perhaps this is in order:

Last summer on Monarch Crest I got smoked on a climb by a girl wearing a jersey that read "You wish you could ride like a girl" and yes, she waited at the top for her man to catch up.

Okay that’s just too cool not to be the latest addition to Cathy’s wardrobe.
      Thanks for posting it.

You can buy it here. Looks like they have a whole bunch, some a bit risqué 😮

Wow, some of those are great quotes… Wonder if the wife would wear any of those…

‘I enjoy going down’ perhaps? 😼
      or… ‘My wife has no idea what my bike really cost’ 😮

I like the carbon footprint one (Except for arriving at the trailhead in my car)
      and my bike was exactly $.07 more than hers (Novara Bonita)
      Going down??? Not on HER T-Shirt (but it is amusing)
      Better stick with ride like a girl…
      Thanks again for posting that.
      Oh, and the MTB food pyramid one (Except for the cheap warm beer part. I’m too old to drink cheap warm beer.) 😕

those shirts are awesome, I will definitely be buying one in the future. "NOBODY CARES about your 29’er" is funny as hell. I just wish they had a quote "My girlfriend had no idea what my bike really cost", then I’d buy that one too. 😼 . Then for the girl, she’d get "Lubed and Ready". hahaha.

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.