Site Question: Earning a GPS subscription

Tagged: ,

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

I recently purchased the Advanced Training subscription because I thought it would be really cool, (and it is) but I didn’t expect to receive a free GPS a week later. I don’t really have another 20 bones to spend on buying the trails subscription too, but I remember hearing a while back that you can earn a GPS subscription.

Did some digging around and I found this post from 2007 with the details: http://www.singletracks.com/blog/single … tegration/

Is this offer still valid?

If you go to Bike GPs in the header column you can find out more information. Or click on:
      http://www.singletracks.com/trax/submit … ctions.php
      for instructions how to earn a free membership. Just upload three GPS trail maps.
      I’ve already uploaded two of my local trails now I have to wait four months for the snow to melt so I can map out another one to upload for my free membership.

"konacoiler" wrote

If you go to Bike GPs in the header column you can find out more information. Or click on:
      http://www.singletracks.com/trax/submit … ctions.php
      for instructions how to earn a free membership. Just upload three GPS trail maps.
      I’ve already uploaded two of my local trails now I have to wait four months for the snow to melt so I can map out another one to upload for my free membership.

Thanks dude, this is what I was looking for but couldn’t seem to be able to find.

Now off to map some trails!

I earned my membership that way. It just has to be three existing trails without a GPS track, or you can add a trail that is missing and then add its GPS track.

And might I register my surprise that you’re the #1 contributor and yet not a member??? 😮

Hey, I’ve been a dirtbag mountain biker for a long time, not one of you affluent types! 😆 😆 $30 is a lot of money!

Yes it is, which is why I submitted three GPS tracks.

I guess I was saying that, statistically, some of those thousands of submissions could have been GPS tracks. 😉

"maddslacker" wrote

…..some of those thousands of submissions could have been GPS tracks. 😉

I thought it was more like a ba-jillion submissions.

"maddslacker" wrote

Yes it is, which is why I submitted three GPS tracks.

I guess I was saying that, statistically, some of those thousands of submissions could have been GPS tracks. 😉

Yeah GPS tracks are like ten points each!

But no, not a single one of those was GPS related. I just got my first GPS (for free) about 2 weeks ago.

Gotta say, it’s really fueling my mountain bike geekery!

"dauw" wrote

[quote="maddslacker":2pdtiumx]…..some of those thousands of submissions could have been GPS tracks. 😉

I thought it was more like a ba-jillion submissions.[/quote:2pdtiumx]

trek7k might need to make another level at 10,000 points… but I don’t know what could be better than "World Champ," haha!

"Goo" wrote

trek7k might need to make another level at 10,000 points… but I don’t know what could be better than "World Champ," haha!

"Editor" 😉

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.