Singletracks Is Looking for Writers! Deets Here

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Yo folks! Have you had a particularly memorable mountain bike adventure? Maybe it went fantastically well, or perhaps it was an unmitigated shit show. Well, we want to hear about it. Full details of the contest are available here: https://www.singletracks.com/blog/singletracks/singletracks-trail-tales-contest-share-your-mtb-adventure-with-us-win-gear/

Here are the basics:

Requirements:

• Length: 750-2,000 words
      • Due Date: January 31, 2017
      • Submit your essay as a .RTF document attached to an email, and send it to [email protected]. Use the subject line “#trailtales Submission”.

The Fine Print:

• Please include at least one photo along with your essay–photos will make for a great visual element if your submission is chosen for publication on Singletracks! However, the quality of submitted photos will not be taken into consideration during contest judging.
      • By submitting an essay for consideration, you agree to allow Singletracks to publish your essay, even if it’s not one of the three prize winners.
      • Plagiarism will not be tolerated. Any instance of plagiarism will be grounds for disqualification from the contest.

We’ve got sweet prizes from our sponsors Smith Optics, Five Ten, Zoic, and Full Windsor for the best entries. And who knows, if your submission is really good, it could lead to you becoming a regular contributor to the site!

Thanks for sharing this Aaron!

Yeah I definitely want to reiterate that we’re really on the look out for rockstars to add to our team of contributors. I’m really stoked about all these stories that have been coming in, but if you’re reading this and you haven’t submitted one yet, the opportunity is still open!

The most exciting times I have riding are when I don’t get to ride: https://www.singletracks.com/blog/forums/topic/my-one-day-career-as-an-involuntary-roadie/

I doubt it would make for edge-of-your-seat reading but I look forward to seeing what real MTBers write about!

Hey guys, our #trailtales contest ends TONIGHT at midnight, so get your last-minute submissions in now! I can’t wait to read all of these great stories!

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.