Singletracks "Trail" Team

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author

Fitch raised the idea of a Singletracks street team to spread the word about the site at local bike shops, at the trails, on his vehicle, etc. and we think it’s a great idea. Bombardier has already requested his stickers and we have hundreds more to send out to motivated mountain bikers!

Just drop me a PM if you want some stickers to pass out with your (real) name and mailing address and we’ll send you a stack. Also take photos of the most creative places you put the stickers (no vandalism please!) on this forum. Have fun and spread the word!

Here are some bumper sticker pics to get us started. This is one of the old style stickers we had printed (left). Also notice the rock shox sticker on the left and the Tsali bumper sticker on the right: classic.

And this is one of the new stickers in action. Let me know if you’ve found any of these at the trailheads around NC (recently we’ve placed stickers at Beaverdam, Governor’s Creek, Carvin’s Cove (in VA), and Modoc (in SC)).

We’re working on a page for the Trail Team right now with a list of “members” and information about how to promote the site. I’ve also just set up a group on MySpace.com just for mountain bikers (and hopefully a place to promote singletracks as well). Just go to:

[url:3jg0m24a]http://groups.myspace.com/singletrack[/url:3jg0m24a]

Set up an account if you don’t already have one and add me as your friend (J Barber).

I’m in. I wonder if I’ll be the oldest geezer in the group….

My kids will get a kick out of me having a MySpace account.

R3

I’m in. Hey, whats up carp?

Hey boss!

Just got the sticker pack in today, they’re awesome. I’ve passed out a few already, and I’m gonna start hitting the LBS’s in my area this weekend. Granted, they’re all German…. but there are a few USA-types here that frequent them.
      Plus, I think it’d be far-out if we got an international user-base here…. it’d make it a bit easier for some of us to plan a Euro-trip MTB excursion. 😼

"R3" wrote

I’m in. Hey, whats up carp?

cool. My riding buddy.

Got my stickers yesterday, Trek. I’ll start getting them out there this weekend. Thanks!

Here’s the Trail Team page, this will be promoted on the homepage as well.

singletracks Trail Team

Got me stickers, Jeff – many thanks! Now, if only you could do something about the weather here in Mass so I could actually RIDE… 😆 Once it stops raining, I’ll put the sticker on my Jeep!

I just stopped by my local LBS here and dropped off some stickers. Today we’ll be heading across town to a Trek dealer to look at some stuff, and I’ll drop off a couple stickers there as well.

I’m running out fast! 😀

We rode out at Uwharrie this weekend and placed bumper stickers on people’s windshields for them. We also placed this one on the trailhead sign (Note: this sticker is not “stuck”; we simply placed it without removing the backing (just like the ones on peoples’ windshields) in a crack to keep it in position)

R3 put one up at Big Creek in Roswell, GA, but we forgot to take a picture of it.

Next time I’m over there, I’ll snap a pic.

Got the stickers today!!! I’ll take a couple and distribute between two LBS’s here in Riverside and leave one at the Tesquequite Trail Head on their sign (not permanently of course and I’ll try and snap a photo). I’ll keep a few in my truck to hand out at the trail head too…I’m not a “sticker” kind of guy when it comes to my truck, but I’ll put one on the back window…

I put one up at Conyers a few weeks ago.

I also put another one up at Big Creek, and I’ll post the pic of that later.

I’m going to try and put one or two on the benches at Blankets Creek this afternoon, and hopefully get Bear Creek in a few weeks.

I leave a sticker or two tucked into trail head signs at most places I ride, since I don’t want to permanently mark anything, but the habit I’ve got into…

I keep a stack of the stickers in my Jeep, and any time I’m driving somewhere and I see a car in a parking lot with a bike strapped to the back, I leave a sticker in the window of the driver side for them.

It’s great to see everyone wanting to help out with street team stuff! Hey Jeff, what else can we get our grubby mitts on? I’ve got my shirt, my stickers… any other toys out there? I liked the idea of the Singletracks.com jersey.

I keep a stack of the stickers in my Jeep, and any time I’m driving somewhere and I see a car in a parking lot with a bike strapped to the back, I leave a sticker in the window of the driver side for them.

That is what I did…kind of… I left three with my LBS and as I was walking out the door, I handed two more out to some guys in the parking lot.

I gave out two more at the local trail parking area to a couple of guys who came over to admire my bike. And I left one on the sign there as well (pinned…not stuck).

One is on the back window of my truck and I have only one left!!!

What else you got? The more people who know…the more trails will be posted…

"Fitch" wrote

what else can we get our grubby mitts on? I’ve got my shirt, my stickers… any other toys out there? I liked the idea of the Singletracks.com jersey.

We also have business cards! ;) Not quite as cool to pass out as stickers…

Yeah, jerseys are expensive to make, especially if you want them to be quality. We’ve considered water bottles (actually cheaper than shirts) and other stuff but I think the next item will be more t-shirts with the new logo. The plan is to get more shirt colors this time (not just white) and do the logo in 2 colors (not just black). Any other ideas?

I’ll take a couple shirts when you get them ready.

Here’s the Big Creek (Roswell, GA) pic, along with my rolling advertisement for singletracks.com.

Still have some stickers left. Tucked this one in the B.L.T. trail sign. I see if I can get some out for the race next weekend.Image

I’d love to help spread the word!
      Infact, I’ll mention you guys in our biking movies!

Ack…. I’m all out of stickers! 😠

I left one at the Captain Jack’s trailhead last weekend, and when I came back around, it was gone.

Viewing 20 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.