Shocked VS Rigid

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

What does a true MTB’er ride? The answer is probably both, but if you could only have one…..

Good ?uestion,
      I have had the pleasure of riding all three, rigid, hardtail and fullsuspension. My current bike is f/s but that was only after both my h/t and rigid where stolen last year. When I moved out to CO and I really started riding hard, it was on a h/t, my commuter bike was my rigid Gary Fisher Advance.
      Once my h/t was stolen I converted my Gary Fisher back to a true MTB with knobbies changed the canti’s to v-barke and swapped out the saddle. A little while later I converted my rigid GF to a hardtail swapping out the fork, bars and front brake…
      I must say that riding a rigid on technical stuff was different but I feel that it helped my skills improve even more and climbing became a whole lot easier on the rigid(by the way it was a steel frame). Riding the h/t was fun because of the front suspension but it wasn’t lockable so it sucked on the climbs but I was able to take bigger drops cus of the fork. Now that Im on a f/s I feel like Im in heaven but i often miss the feel of the fully rigid. Here are a few pics of what I have and had…
      GT avalanche H/T
      GF rigid commuter
      GF conversion from rigid to hardtail after a riding it rigid for a while…
      Mongoose Teocali F/S

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.