Share Your Latest Badge

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 180 reply threads
  • Author

In case you haven’t heard, the Singletracks Trail Challenge is ON! Here’s some information about the challenge, in case you missed it:

The Singletracks Trail Challenge is a competition that rewards mountain bikers for logging as many rides and unique trails as possible. Riders earn badges and even prizes for checking in and we’ve integrated the check-ins with popular Singletracks features like wishlists, my trails lists, trail condition reporting, and the ridelog.

Each badge has its own leaderboard so you can see how you stack up with other riders in terms of the number of trails you’ve ridden, the locations of the trails you’ve ridden, and the frequency of your rides. Some badges–like the Night Rider badge–are based on the time of day you ride. Others–like the Sheriff–reward the rider who has logged the most rides at an individual trail system.

You can view all the available badges here. Click a badge to find out how to earn it, view the leaderboard, and track your progress.

Previous trail check-ins do not count toward the Singletracks Trail Challenge with two exceptions: The Sheriff and Pioneer badges. If you want to dig into more details about the challenge, check out this support doc (we’ll continue to update this as we roll out more features.)

I thought it would be neat to start an on-going thread where we can share the latest badges that we’ve earned!

Since I live in Georgia, naturally one of the first badges that I earned (aside from the Sheriff and Pioneer badges) is the Georgia Rider:

http://www.singletracks.com/ci/member_b … p?id=19333

Alright, let’s see them! What’s the latest badge that you’ve earned?

Just received this one this evening!

Nice job!

Hmm, for some reason it’s not showing up on your badges list: http://www.singletracks.com/ci/member_b … p?id=84174 Might be a bug in the system… what do you think, Jeff?

I thought maybe it was delayed but yesterday when I checked into it popped up and gave me the badge, but you are right its not showing.

I’m sure it’s just me, but how do you view your badges on the site? Or anyone’s for that matter. I see Greg’s link, but don’t see where it’s at on anyone’s profile page/forum info.

"slipfinger" wrote

I thought maybe it was delayed but yesterday when I checked into it popped up and gave me the badge, but you are right its not showing.

I sent the head honcho an email… I’m sure he’ll get it sorted out! 😀

"schwim" wrote

I’m sure it’s just me, but how do you view your badges on the site? Or anyone’s for that matter. I see Greg’s link, but don’t see where it’s at on anyone’s profile page/forum info.

Each badge has a leaderboard that you can get to from the main badges page by clicking on it, and each person has their own badge page. Eventually each person’s personal badge page will be linked to their profile, and I believe we’re working on more ways to display your badges.

Right now, to find your personal badge page, if click on an individual badge that you know you’ve earned (for me, it’s GA), and then click on your name, it will come up.

Or, if you know your user id #, you can substitute it at the end of this URL: http://www.singletracks.com/ci/member_b … p?id=19333

I saw the link with the uid further up, but it seems that the uid it uses is different from the forum’s uid. If I enter my forum uid, I get the badges for omarxol.

I was just wondering if I was missing a big blinking link or whether it hadn’t been integrated into the site 😀

"schwim" wrote

I saw the link with the uid further up, but it seems that the uid it uses is different from the forum’s uid. If I enter my forum uid, I get the badges for omarxol.

I was just wondering if I was missing a big blinking link or whether it hadn’t been integrated into the site 😀

Jeff could explain better, but the forum uids are just specific to the forum… on a lot of levels, the forum functions as its own unit apart from the website. Each user has a uid for the rest of the website, which used to be a part of your main profile url but isn’t anymore. If you do a little snooping around and looking at some of the other urls from your profile page, each person should be able to find it out. Looks like yours is 85145, making your badge page: http://www.singletracks.com/ci/member_b … p?id=85145

But yes, we are working on more user-friendly integration 😀

Right now, one of the easiest ways to view all your badges is actually through the mobile app. There’s an option in there that will take you to your overall badges page.

Hmm, for some reason it’s not showing up on your badges list: http://www.singletracks.com/ci/member_b … p?id=84174 Might be a bug in the system… what do you think, Jeff?

Update: bug is fixed. Thanks Jeff!

Thanks guys..

Had plans to get another pioneer badge tonight but the rain is spoiling that atm.

"mtbgreg1" wrote

[quote="schwim":5vzy9xxn]I saw the link with the uid further up, but it seems that the uid it uses is different from the forum’s uid. If I enter my forum uid, I get the badges for omarxol.

Jeff could explain better, but the forum uids are just specific to the forum… on a lot of levels, the forum functions as its own unit apart from the website. Each user has a uid for the rest of the website, which used to be a part of your main profile url but isn’t anymore. If you do a little snooping around and looking at some of the other urls from your profile page, each person should be able to find it out. Looks like yours is 85145, making your badge page: http://www.singletracks.com/ci/member_b … p?id=85145

But yes, we are working on more user-friendly integration 😀

Right now, one of the easiest ways to view all your badges is actually through the mobile app. There’s an option in there that will take you to your overall badges page.[/quote:5vzy9xxn]

Ahh, so that’s why "my" badge listing showed someone else. 😆

For all the others looking for their ID#, go to a trail you’ve reviewed and hover your mouse over your name. My ID number showed up at the bottom of the page.

Just finished a trip up to Columbia, MO and picked up a couple more badges. I like the fact the trails are right next to each other or within a few minutes of each other. Anyway, I picked up the sample platter and road trip badges.

http://www.singletracks.com/ci/member_b … p?id=30051

"mtnspectre" wrote

Just finished a trip up to Columbia, MO and picked up a couple more badges. I like the fact the trails are right next to each other or within a few minutes of each other. Anyway, I picked up the sample platter and road trip badges.

I too have a few places where several trails are close together. And having ridden 5 of them yesterday, I was assuming I’d see a Sampler Platter badge. Are there any other requirement(s) for gaining badges?

Just curious!

"mtnspectre" wrote

Nice job! I also earned a sampler platter today, as well as a TN rider:

Seems like a cool idea but what if you do not have a smart phone.. so no app… so no way to check in…. 😢

"RidingPastor" wrote

Seems like a cool idea but what if you do not have a smart phone.. so no app… so no way to check in…. 😢

A smartphone is about the most useful piece of technology you can own: http://www.singletracks.com/blog/uncate … e-package/

Just sayin’ 😉

Oh i would have one if I could afford the monthly plan. So i guess I am out of the competition. Sad to see Singletracks cut out those less technologically current as others.

I would love to have at least the NC mountain biker badge.

"swerverider" wrote

[quote="mtnspectre":i7ob83zq]Just finished a trip up to Columbia, MO and picked up a couple more badges. I like the fact the trails are right next to each other or within a few minutes of each other. Anyway, I picked up the sample platter and road trip badges.

I too have a few places where several trails are close together. And having ridden 5 of them yesterday, I was assuming I’d see a Sampler Platter badge. Are there any other requirement(s) for gaining badges?

Just curious![/quote:i7ob83zq]

Hmm, interesting. And you’re sure you checked in at all 5 of them?

"mtbgreg1" wrote

[quote="swerverider":20zzqsjl][quote="mtnspectre":20zzqsjl]Just finished a trip up to Columbia, MO and picked up a couple more badges. I like the fact the trails are right next to each other or within a few minutes of each other. Anyway, I picked up the sample platter and road trip badges.

Just curious![/quote:20zzqsjl]

Hmm, interesting. And you’re sure you checked in at all 5 of them?[/quote:20zzqsjl]

Yeah, that’s the weird thing. I did the "Fullerton Loop" in the morning, then in the afternoon I did "Laguna Coast Wilderness Park", "Crystal Cove Gate 9", "Crystal Cove State Park" and then "Aliso Creek/Woods Canyon"

I did get Pioneer badge – which I was surprised to see! (I didn’t know, no one else had checked in Crystal Cove Gate 9 and Crystal Cove State Park), and I’m 99.9% sure I checked into all 5 ok. Oh well, I’ll just have to do them again 😉

"swerverider" wrote

[quote="mtbgreg1":14wmiggo][quote="swerverider":14wmiggo]

Just curious!

Hmm, interesting. And you’re sure you checked in at all 5 of them?[/quote:14wmiggo]

Yeah, that’s the weird thing. I did the "Fullerton Loop" in the morning, then in the afternoon I did "Laguna Coast Wilderness Park", "Crystal Cove Gate 9", "Crystal Cove State Park" and then "Aliso Creek/Woods Canyon"

I did get Pioneer badge – which I was surprised to see! (I didn’t know, no one else had checked in Crystal Cove Gate 9 and Crystal Cove State Park), and I’m 99.9% sure I checked into all 5 ok. Oh well, I’ll just have to do them again 😉[/quote:14wmiggo]

Odd. You should submit a help ticket to http://help.singletracks.com and relate everything you did, and see if Jeff can get it sorted for you.

"RidingPastor" wrote

I would say you have good company, but it’s just me and I don’t want to lie to you. 😆

Agreed on the monthly plan, that’s the same reason I haven’t taken the plunge yet.
      I picked up a GPS instead of a smart phone because it was much cheaper in the short run, not to mention the long run!

"RidingPastor" wrote

Sad to see Singletracks cut out those less technologically current as others.

While I can understand your frustration(I’m always behind the technological curve due to funding), there’s certain constraints developers have to work inside which prohibits the complete lack of checks and balances required to make the system mean anything at all. If they didn’t require a location to be checked against your checkin, you would have two things happen. First, you would have people that didn’t actually ride check in and then you would have the people who took the badge system very seriously get angry once they knew there were people out there claiming the same honors as them without having to actually do anything.

I speak from experience, unfortunately. I worked in conjunction with some early geocaching application development. For a while, everyone played nicely but once an exploit that allowed you to log a cache without visiting was out in the open, we had a ridiculous rash of "finds" in which they never actually visited the cache. We had people finding every cache in a state in a day. Once this occurred, it cheapened the experience for everyone and this particular website/application was eventually shuttered because of the fallout caused by the oversight.

I of course am not accusing you of doing such a thing, but hope you can see how allowing it leaves a wide open hole in which less scrupulous individuals can ruin a cool deal for everyone.

As for not being able to afford a plan, here’s something you can consider that will allow you smart-phone capabilities with no plans.

One, you can buy a used Android phone on eBay or Craigslist. Any Android phone with wifi capabilities will work, which is pretty much every android phone out there. The phone will still handle all smart-phone tasks with or without a cellular connection/plan. It just waits until it’s got a wifi signal to transfer data. So you install Singletracks while at home on wifi, go out, hit your button, it will store the info until you get home and then upload it to the server. You can buy an HTC Incredible for anywhere from $25-50 dollars.

If you want cellular service but don’t want to pay a lot of money, you can go the Page Plus route, which is what my family does(3 phones in the house are on the system). You can either set up a plan wich ranges from 10 to 50 bucks or you can load the phone with time/data, for instance buy a $10 card which you use via minutes or megabytes.

So with this setup,

Buy your phone: $10 or up, depending on your wants)
      Register the phone with PP and get a phone number: $0

At this point, you’ve got a phone with a valid phone number for as little as it cost you for the phone.

Want to be able to use it as a phone? Load a $10 card onto it. Use it only when you need to and you can turn data off via the system settings so it doesn’t eat into your $10 via background processes)

Now you’ve got a smartphone you can use whenever you want for less than a dinner at the Awful Waffle. You are under absolutely no obligation to ever give a phone company any more money if you don’t want to.

While most people are only familiar with going to Verizon or similar and giving them hundreds of dollars for the privelege of giving them more money every month, the rarely advertised fact of the matter is that thanks to the average American’s need to have the newest phone, the supply of perfectly good 2 year old phones are much greater than the market can support, so it’s incredbily cheap to own a smart phone now if you take a less traditional route.

"RidingPastor" wrote

Oh i would have one if I could afford the monthly plan. So i guess I am out of the competition. Sad to see Singletracks cut out those less technologically current as others.

I can understand money being tight, but you can by a walmart tracphone (StraightTalk) on CL for very little. The plan is only $45.00 a month. Most likley less than what you are already paying for a major carrier. Just a thought.

Yeah or if you go to a trail that is off the grid. There are several of those around me.

For us Luddites out here without a data plan, I think the app is missing the market for all of us that would like to participate. I normally use a dedicated gps or my tablet to record my tracks with preloaded maps. Since .gpx files carry date and time for each point, why couldn’t I check in with an upload of my track to verify??

I earned a cool badge out on my ride today!

Earned another badge yesterday!

Update:

We’ve tracked down a bug in the system that was being a little over-generous with some badges. We think we’ve corrected the issue, and Jeff has put some checks and balances in place in the software.

Unfortunately, this means that I personally (and no one else for that matter) have [i:6ye3os6v]not[/i:6ye3os6v] earned the Rambler badge or the IMBA Epic badge. Must… ride… more… trails 😼

"mtbgreg1" wrote

Update:

We’ve tracked down a bug in the system that was being a little over-generous with some badges. We think we’ve corrected the issue, and Jeff has put some checks and balances in place in the software.

Unfortunately, this means that I personally (and no one else for that matter) have [i:52muc6pi]not[/i:52muc6pi] earned the Rambler badge or the IMBA Epic badge. Must… ride… more… trails 😼

Cool, I thought some badges were being handed out pretty fast. Even some of mine. There is still an issue with checking in to a trail that has no connectiviy because it being remote, at least with the Iphone. I’ve been out to a trail twice and checked in offline and still nothing.

"mtnspectre" wrote

[quote="mtbgreg1":zupycspw]Update:

Unfortunately, this means that I personally (and no one else for that matter) have [i:zupycspw]not[/i:zupycspw] earned the Rambler badge or the IMBA Epic badge. Must… ride… more… trails 😼

Cool, I thought some badges were being handed out pretty fast. Even some of mine. There is still an issue with checking in to a trail that has no connectiviy because it being remote, at least with the Iphone. I’ve been out to a trail twice and checked in offline and still nothing.[/quote:zupycspw]

There is a function built into the app for that. You should be able to check in offline, log your check in, and then when you get back to cell service or wifi and hit "check in" there is a section at the top that says "pending check ins" that you can click on and finish your check in.

"mtbgreg1" wrote

[quote="mtnspectre":3na21hz4][quote="mtbgreg1":3na21hz4]Update:

Unfortunately, this means that I personally (and no one else for that matter) have [i:3na21hz4]not[/i:3na21hz4] earned the Rambler badge or the IMBA Epic badge. Must… ride… more… trails 😼

Cool, I thought some badges were being handed out pretty fast. Even some of mine. There is still an issue with checking in to a trail that has no connectiviy because it being remote, at least with the Iphone. I’ve been out to a trail twice and checked in offline and still nothing.[/quote:3na21hz4]

There is a function built into the app for that. You should be able to check in offline, log your check in, and then when you get back to cell service or wifi and hit "check in" there is a section at the top that says "pending check ins" that you can click on and finish your check in.[/quote:3na21hz4]

Roger that. Again, they are working that issue with the Iphone. It doesn’t give you that option yet.

There is a function built into the app for that. You should be able to check in offline, log your check in, and then when you get back to cell service or wifi and hit "check in" there is a section at the top that says "pending check ins" that you can click on and finish your check in.

I tried this, but when I opened the app after following there was a "gps error" msg and I never was directed to log the check in so, naturally, when I was back on line, "no data available" appears when checking in.

I’m wondering what would cause the gps error since I started recording my track, after selecting "follow", with my tracking app (Orux) and it tracked without any error. Does the Singletrack app not share the gps with other apps?

"mtbgreg1" wrote

There have been a few questions about this so here’s a screen shot which might help.

Once you’re back online, you will see a link that says "Pending Check-ins (#)" (just above the blue line that says "Available Check ins", see above). Click this, then click the date of each of your offline check-ins to tell us where you were when you checked in.

RJen, the GPS error and "Data Unavailable" messages should be unrelated. I don’t know if the Singletracks app "shares" GPS with other apps but if you get a GPS error in the app, try clicking the "follow" button again to stop following. Then click it again to resume.

If you’re seeing the "Data Unavailable" message in the app even after you’re back in range, try clicking the trail icon on the home screen, then the "Home" icon at the top right. This will reset the home screen and let it know you’re back in business (though this should happen automatically).

latest badge, thanks for sorting it Jeff

😃

Y’know… these would look real neat as actual patches… sew ’em on shirt… shorts… camelbak
      Perhaps with the addition of "www.singletracks.com" somewhere on there

"swerverider" wrote

Y’know… these would look real neat as actual patches… sew ’em on shirt… shorts… camelbak
      Perhaps with the addition of "www.singletracks.com" somewhere on there

You read our minds. 😀 We’re still working out the details but that’s coming soon… so keep earning those badges!

Or possibly a sticker for your vehicle, it could be put right next to the Singletracks.com bumper sticker!

How do I check into two of the trails I rode today where I just added the trail heads to the site? It does not give me the option to check in at those trails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Stl_Greaser" wrote

How do I check into two of the trails I rode today where I just added the trail heads to the site? It does not give me the option to check in at those trails.

Here’s the deal: since locations need to be moderated (about 9 out of 10 of the location submissions we receive are wrong), it’s not possible to check into a trail immediately after it’s added to the database.

The solution is to force an offline check-in (turn off cellular data on your phone temporarily) to record the date/time and your location. Then, add the trail and wait for the location to be approved (usually within a day or two). Once it’s approved, go into the pending check-in list and select the trail to complete the check-in.

I realize this isn’t helpful after the fact so just email us ([email protected]) with the dates and trails you rode and we’ll manually check you in.

Cool, thanks! Ill send off an email as soon as I get a chance…

I’m not sure if this thread is for badge ideas also, but here goes:

A "Coast-to-Coast" badge:
      Check in in any West Coast State (CA, OR, WA) and any East Coast State (FL, GA, SC, NC, VA, MD, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA, NH, ME).

A "Border-to-Border" badge:
      Check in in any northern border state (WA, ID, MT, ND, MN, WI, MI, OH, PA, NY, VT, NH, ME) and southern border state (CA, AZ, NM, TX). I don’t know if LA, MS, AL, and FL should count for this one since they’re southernmost states but don’t actually border another country.

CONUS Timezone badge:
      Check in in each of the four CONUS timezones. Or make it [i:2x4j2plr]really[/i:2x4j2plr] tough and include Hawaii and Alaska and maybe even the states that don’t change their clocks!

"Jared13" wrote

I’m not sure if this thread is for badge ideas also, but here goes:

A "Coast-to-Coast" badge:
      Check in in any West Coast State (CA, OR, WA) and any East Coast State (FL, GA, SC, NC, VA, MD, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA, NH, ME).

A "Border-to-Border" badge:
      Check in in any northern border state (WA, ID, MT, ND, MN, WI, MI, OH, PA, NY, VT, NH, ME) and southern border state (CA, AZ, NM, TX). I don’t know if LA, MS, AL, and FL should count for this one since they’re southernmost states but don’t actually border another country.

CONUS Timezone badge:
      Check in in each of the four CONUS timezones. Or make it [i:2pjdp86u]really[/i:2pjdp86u] tough and include Hawaii and Alaska and maybe even the states that don’t change their clocks!

Interesting ideas! Jeff, are you listening? 😀

As for a personal note, I earned the Night Rider badge on my ride last night:

Hmm I feel like I should at least have the Virginia rider badge? 😉

I’ve been screwed out of 2 trail check-ins. 😈

"cynergy68" wrote

I’ve been screwed out of 2 trail check-ins. 😈

How so?

PS my latest badge:

"mtbgreg1" wrote

[quote="cynergy68":2rv0zhy6]I’ve been screwed out of 2 trail check-ins. 😈

How so?

PS my latest badge:[/quote:2rv0zhy6]

A whole bunch of mine have disappeared in the last 24 hours, and other odd stuff like it says some badges have local check in times, and mine are showing east coast times, so I’m missing out on dawn patrol, stuff like that. I’ve put in a ticket, but I’m feeling kinda bad, because its not the first time I’ve noticed something odd and I don’t wanna get labelled as a trouble maker 😉

"swerverider" wrote

[quote="mtbgreg1":2epx28ow][quote="cynergy68":2epx28ow]I’ve been screwed out of 2 trail check-ins. 😈

How so?

PS my latest badge:[/quote:2epx28ow]

A whole bunch of mine have disappeared in the last 24 hours, and other odd stuff like it says some badges have local check in times, and mine are showing east coast times, so I’m missing out on dawn patrol, stuff like that. I’ve put in a ticket, but I’m feeling kinda bad, because its not the first time I’ve noticed something odd and don’t wanna get labelled as trouble maker 😉[/quote:2epx28ow]

Nah man, if you spot a bug, let us know! Using the help desk and submitting a ticket is one of the best ways to do it, thanks 😀

So am I checking-in incorrectly when I go to trails or is this a bug? Or am I missing something as to how to actually get the badges?

"schwim" wrote

One, you can buy a used Android phone on eBay or Craigslist. Any Android phone with wifi capabilities will work, which is pretty much every android phone out there. The phone will still handle all smart-phone tasks with or without a cellular connection/plan. It just waits until it’s got a wifi signal to transfer data. So you install Singletracks while at home on wifi, go out, hit your button, it will store the info until you get home and then upload it to the server. You can buy an HTC Incredible for anywhere from $25-50 dollars.

Thanks for the advice, schwim!

I picked up an Incredible for $40 with shipping, with the $4 Singletracks app, I have a trail checker inner, camera, MP3 place, and video camera all in one!

Now just if my pending check-in would stop getting stuck on "loading" when I go to check in. 😆

After one false start, I’ve now [i:3ln1celo]officially[/i:3ln1celo] earned the Rambler Badge!

What’s everyone else earning?

"mtbgreg1" wrote

What’s everyone else earning?

😃

"swerverider" wrote

[quote="mtbgreg1":3s6pr24s]What’s everyone else earning?

😃[/quote:3s6pr24s]

Very nice! 😄

Just added a new badge: MTB Whistler. Check in at any trail within 25 miles of Whistler (including the resort of course). Who’s going to be there first to grab this one?

Is that a sponsored badge, by any chance Jeff?

Because if it isn’t, you should consider it. It would be a fantastic way to get some advertising revenue. Have certain badges that are reflected on a premier badge page, the users’ profile pages that have it, their forum block by their posts, etc. For instance, a resort like Whistler would sponsor a badge like this, a front page block could report any time someone grabbed it with a small blurb and advertising info underneath.

Maybe even some "contest badges" Limited people can win it before it gets retired and in exchange they get some cool stuff from the advertiser.

Just a thought, but I imagine you guys have already thrown that around.

"schwim" wrote

Is that a sponsored badge, by any chance Jeff?

Yes it is! We’re working on other sponsored badges in the future…

So, I bought the app the other day so I could start earning badges. I’m all excited as I head out today. I get to the trail head and pull out my phone to "check in," and…… "no check in available." 😠 I’m I doing something wrong here or is it because there is no trail head (or GPS) information for this trail.

On a secondary note, I also tried to do a GPS track of this trail today. Started off well, but as the tree canopy got thicker I lost more and more satellites until I had zero. Regardless, I have the GPS coordinates of the trail head now. Hopefully, that was my issue and now it can be resolved! Any body got any ideas?

"PSUtuna" wrote

So, I bought the app the other day so I could start earning badges. I’m all excited as I head out today. I get to the trail head and pull out my phone to "check in," and…… "no check in available." 😠 I’m I doing something wrong here or is it because there is no trail head (or GPS) information for this trail.

On a secondary note, I also tried to do a GPS track of this trail today. Started off well, but as the tree canopy got thicker I lost more and more satellites until I had zero. Regardless, I have the GPS coordinates of the trail head now. Hopefully, that was my issue and now it can be resolved! Any body got any ideas?

Yeah if it says "no check in available" that means there’s no GPS location for the trailhead. If you submit the location using the "submit GPS data" button on the trail page, I’ll approve it and then you’ll be able to check in!

Edit: alternatively, when you’re AT the trailhead and if you pull the app out and there is no gps location, there should be a button saying something like "i’m at the trailhead." If you click it, that will log the trailhead GPS location as well.

"mtbgreg1" wrote

[quote="PSUtuna":2klxur2w]So, I bought the app the other day so I could start earning badges. I’m all excited as I head out today. I get to the trail head and pull out my phone to "check in," and…… "no check in available." 😠 I’m I doing something wrong here or is it because there is no trail head (or GPS) information for this trail.

Yeah if it says "no check in available" that means there’s no GPS location for the trailhead. If you submit the location using the "submit GPS data" button on the trail page, I’ll approve it and then you’ll be able to check in

Edit: alternatively, when you’re AT the trailhead and if you pull the app out and there is no gps location, there should be a button saying something like "i’m at the trailhead." If you click it, that will log the trailhead GPS location as well.[/quote:2klxur2w]

I didn’t see the "i’m at the trailhead" button. Do you need to go to the trail page to find that? I looked at that too and didn’t see it. Maybe I didn’t look hard enough. 😆 Anyhow, I tried to up load the exact trail head location, but my GPS did something screwy and had a line drawn from the trail head down through ATL. Didn’t think that was correct. I know the trail head location is on there if you still want it. If not, I still placed a trail head location marker on the map in the approximate area of the trail head.

"PSUtuna" wrote

[quote="mtbgreg1":3oe8w6n1][quote="PSUtuna":3oe8w6n1]So, I bought the app the other day so I could start earning badges. I’m all excited as I head out today. I get to the trail head and pull out my phone to "check in," and…… "no check in available." 😠 I’m I doing something wrong here or is it because there is no trail head (or GPS) information for this trail.

Yeah if it says "no check in available" that means there’s no GPS location for the trailhead. If you submit the location using the "submit GPS data" button on the trail page, I’ll approve it and then you’ll be able to check in

Edit: alternatively, when you’re AT the trailhead and if you pull the app out and there is no gps location, there should be a button saying something like "i’m at the trailhead." If you click it, that will log the trailhead GPS location as well.[/quote:3oe8w6n1]

I didn’t see the "i’m at the trailhead" button. Do you need to go to the trail page to find that? I looked at that too and didn’t see it. Maybe I didn’t look hard enough. 😆 Anyhow, I tried to up load the exact trail head location, but my GPS did something screwy and had a line drawn from the trail head down through ATL. Didn’t think that was correct. I know the trail head location is on there if you still want it. If not, I still placed a trail head location marker on the map in the approximate area of the trail head.[/quote:3oe8w6n1]

Hey PSUtuna, are you talking about Buncombe-Brickhouse Recreation Area? We already have a trailhead location for that trail from 2012.

Hey PSUtuna, are you talking about Buncombe-Brickhouse Recreation Area? We already have a trailhead location for that trail from 2012.

Yes, that is where I’m talking about. There was "no check in available" at the trail head. Maybe, I should have tried at the campground about 1/4 mile away? I don’t know how close you need to be to the saved GPS coordinates to check in?

"PSUtuna" wrote

I don’t know how close you need to be to the saved GPS coordinates to check in?

The list shows trailheads within 5 miles of your location. As Greg mentioned, it won’t work if the trailhead location isn’t in the database yet.

It’s also possible the phone/app still thinks it’s somewhere else. The "nearby" trails list is more expansive–it shows trails within 25 miles so it’s a good check to make sure the phone/app is where it thinks it is.

"PSUtuna" wrote

Yes, that is where I’m talking about. There was "no check in available" at the trail head. Maybe, I should have tried at the campground about 1/4 mile away? I don’t know how close you need to be to the saved GPS coordinates to check in?

You have a few miles radius, so it should have worked. Try forcing your phone to fetch a fresh GPS location before you try the check-in. Load up your location in Google Maps or start your strava, then hit the "check in" button, see if that helps.

It’s also possible the phone/app still thinks it’s somewhere else. The "nearby" trails list is more expansive–it shows trails within 25 miles so it’s a good check to make sure the phone/app is where it thinks it is.
      You have a few miles radius, so it should have worked. Try forcing your phone to fetch a fresh GPS location before you try the check-in. Load up your location in Google Maps or start your strava, then hit the "check in" button, see if that helps.

Thanks for the help, I’ll give these ideas a try next time I head out!

Houston, I believe we have a problem – Today I attempted again to do a check in (no cell/wifi) and as usual got the constant "loading" msg, so I just left it there and continued my hour and a half ride. When I returned, I noticed that I indeed had a check in waiting so I hurried home to my wifi and long anticipated badge, but when I did check in, I had three (3) rides for the day. ?? Besides several Sheriff badges, I had badges from Virginia, Colorado, and Australia so of course, also included was the "Sampler". Not bad for a 15 mile ride in Florida 😃

"RJen" wrote

when I did check in, I had three (3) rides for the day. ?? Besides several Sheriff badges, I had badges from Virginia, Colorado, and Australia so of course, also included was the "Sampler". Not bad for a 15 mile ride in Florida 😃

Strange. So, you hit the "pending check-ins" link, then selected the date of your ride, then selected the actual trail you rode. Or, was the actual trail you rode not a choice?

Be sure to delete the accidental check-ins using this page: http://www.singletracks.com/ci/member_b … p?id=47453

Ok RJen, I did a little digging and the issue is your phone isn’t reporting your location correctly (at all). It shows you at 0/0 lat/lon at 9:50am and 10:37am (twice) EST today.

The trails you’re seeing as available check-ins are trails with a 0/0 location in the database which is a bug on our end (fixed).

So… we need to figure out why your phone doesn’t know where it is. 😀

"jeff" wrote

Ok RJen, I did a little digging and the issue is your phone isn’t reporting your location correctly (at all). It shows you at 0/0 lat/lon at 9:50am and 10:37am (twice) EST today.

The trails you’re seeing as available check-ins are trails with a 0/0 location in the database which is a bug on our end (fixed).

I’ll continue our discussion with a support ticket.

Yay I finally have badges… Sheriff (for First Landing), Virginia rider (x2), and Pioneer for apparently being the first person to check-in at First Landing since the badges program started 😎

"craigasaurus" wrote

Yay I finally have badges… Sheriff (for First Landing), Virginia rider (x2), and Pioneer for apparently being the first person to check-in at First Landing since the badges program started 😎

Actually, being the first person to check-in at First Landing EVER! Old check-ins from years past are also included in the Pioneer and Sheriff badges, but not in any of the other badges.

Well that’s pretty cool. Most people probably don’t check in because it isn’t really a "trail" by technical standards lol. Although if you ride it enough times, there are a couple of fun off-shoots that pop off the main trail into some rooty/curvy single track and then pop back onto the main trail. Nothing crazy, but definitely enough to change the pace a bit 😏

"RJen" wrote

[quote="jeff":j665nfel]Ok RJen, I did a little digging and the issue is your phone isn’t reporting your location correctly (at all). It shows you at 0/0 lat/lon at 9:50am and 10:37am (twice) EST today.

I’ll continue our discussion with a support ticket.[/quote:j665nfel]

I had the same problem. Figured out that I needed to use Google’s GPS service instead of my phones GPS service. Fixed the problem. Haven’t tried any "check ins" yet, but those two trails from Virginia and Australia don’t come up anymore as available trails in my area. Hope that can help.

I racked up quite a few Sheriff and Pioneer badges on my trip to North Carolina this weekend!

I would have Road Trip, but half of the trails I rode aren’t in the Singletracks database (yet;)).

And I’m having a heck of a time checking in, but Jeff and I are working on it…well, mostly Jeff, I’m just answering questions.

I was able to finally get a few thanks to REI’s wifi: The Sheriff, the Pioneer, and the California MTB’er.

"Jared13" wrote

I would have Road Trip, but half of the trails I rode aren’t in the Singletracks database (yet;)).

And I’m having a heck of a time checking in, but Jeff and I are working on it…well, mostly Jeff, I’m just answering questions.

I was able to finally get a few thanks to REI’s wifi: The Sheriff, the Pioneer, and the California MTB’er.

Well, hopefully he will get you sorted out soon, and you can rack those badges up 😀

Hopefully this won’t confuse you more, but earlier in the thread we were discussing checking in at a trail that’s not in the database yet or doesn’t have a trailhead location submitted. In order to do that, switch off the data/3G on your phone and check-in: this should force an off-line check in that you can come back to later. Then, when you get home, add the trail to the database, submit the trailhead location, and once the trailhead location is approved, you can come back to the app, click "check-in," click on "pending check-ins," and then check-in at the trail that wasn’t there before.

I know that’s a couple of steps, but it actually works pretty well. I did that for about a half a dozen trails I rode this past weekend that weren’t in the database, and it was pretty slick!

And just to be clear for those who may be following this discussion: most, if not all of the currently unresolved issues involve the Android version of the app on phones/tablets without an active cell data plan.

So if that doesn’t describe your setup, start checking in and playing along!

Like Jeff said, I don’t have a data-plan for the phone.

The app is really slick though, when you have an internet connection. I would highly recommend it for anyone that is currently on the fence.

I just can’t afford a data plan right now so I’m being difficult.

After resolving my phone issues I finally have my first badges, picked up these three on an after work ride yesterday! 😄

Nice job! I need to go over and pick up my SC badge soon 😀

Just pushed out an Android app update that should resolve offline check-in issues. We tested it on a couple devices but still… fingers crossed. 😀

I have a data plan, but most trails worth riding don’t have decent cell coverage.

"mtbgreg1" wrote

Nice job! I need to go over and pick up my SC badge soon 😀

Thanks, I need to come down and pick up a GA badge!

I havn’t figured out how to post pics of badges, but I got a couple Sheriff and a MN rider over the week end.
      Mon I went to check in at Jay Cooke and apparently was to far out from the TH and forgot to do it on the way back, Darn it!

"Bubblehead10MM" wrote

I havn’t figured out how to post pics of badges, but I got a couple Sheriff and a MN rider over the week end.
      Mon I went to check in at Jay Cooke and apparently was to far out from the TH and forgot to do it on the way back, Darn it!

Wow, you are racking up the state badges! You’ve got a leg up on the rest of us in that department 😀

"maddslacker" wrote

I have a data plan, but most trails worth riding don’t have decent cell coverage.

Offline check-in….

"jeff" wrote

Just pushed out an Android app update that should resolve offline check-in issues. We tested it on a couple devices but still… fingers crossed. 😀

I got this update last night on my Pantech Burst with Android JellyBean. When I try to locate nearby shops I get nothing, and for trails I get one in Australia and one in Virginia. The app never fires up the GPS. (Other apps access GPS location just fine, so I know it works)

To compare, I installed the app on my tablet, which is ICS and has no GPS. On there it used the network location and worked perfectly. I even found a local trail and a brand new bike park I didn’t know about!

[edit] If I hit the Check In button, the GPS comes on. It just doesn’t for locating nearby trails and/or shops.

I almost completely quit checking in on trails. Either there is no coverage or I forget because I do it now so infrequently. I would love the option to check in from my PC when I get done riding, but of course, where’s the accountability :/

"delphinide" wrote

I would love the option to check in from my PC when I get done riding

aka strava 😆

What the heck is a Pantech Burst? 😀

Are you connected to a data network on the Pantech when you have those issues? I’m guessing you do since you’re able to pull up some trails on the nearby trails list (even if they’re wrong).

We’re realizing Android is really picky about how it’s determining your location so there may be a fix.

Here’s a test: click the "Check-in" button on the home screen and see if any nearby trails come up. That page uses a slightly different call to the GPS location than the "nearby" pages.

See my edit to my previous post.

I get the same behavior whether I am on wifi (at home) or out and about (AT&T 4G)

As for Check-ins, I am indoors and it can’t get a location fix, so it says no check-ins available. (I’m also not near any trails)

If it can’t get a GPS fix, does it fail over to network location?

With 3 out of every 4 new phones shipping with Android, and iOS having only 17.3% of the market, we’re leaving a huge user group out in the cold here. 😢

Also, on the mobile formatted site, when I tap ‘Trails’ it asks for permission to get my location .. but then doesn’t get my location.

"maddslacker" wrote

If it can’t get a GPS fix, does it fail over to network location?

Actually it seems the opposite behavior is the default. If it can’t get a network fix, it’s supposed to fall back to GPS which takes a bit longer to fire up. However, we forced GPS on the check-in page (yesterday’s fix) so when you get a chance to test I’ll be interested to hear what you find.

With 3 out of every 4 new phones shipping with Android, and iOS having only 17.3% of the market, we’re leaving a huge user group out in the cold here. 😢

True. But as far as the Singletracks app is concerned, right now 78% of the sessions are on iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod)! Maybe that’s because we have some issues with the Android app or maybe it’s b/c people with iOS devices use them more often? I dunno but I sense an opportunity…

I honestly think that Android user have just given up.

Yes, the check-in page does in fact force the GPS to come on.

I’m riding after work today so I’ll try it for real, rather than here at my desk at work.

"maddslacker" wrote

Yes, the check-in page does in fact force the GPS to come on.

Ok, now we’re getting somewhere! If only Android were easier to develop for… We’ve tested the app on multiple devices (HTC, Asus, Samsung) but it seems like each one works a little differently.

"jeff" wrote

[quote="maddslacker":138aulfx]Yes, the check-in page does in fact force the GPS to come on.

Ok, now we’re getting somewhere! If only Android were easier to develop for… We’ve tested the app on multiple devices (HTC, Asus, Samsung) but it seems like each one works a little differently.[/quote:138aulfx]
      It may not be the device, but the version of Android. (GingerBread/ICS/JellyBean)

Any idea why the nearby trails works correctly on my non-GPS device, but not my GPS-enabled phone?

"maddslacker" wrote

Any idea why the nearby trails works correctly on my non-GPS device, but not my GPS-enabled phone?

Like I said, I think your phone is not falling back to GPS when it’s unable to determine your location based on network triangulation. This could be because the hardware in your phone doesn’t support network-based geolocation. If you wanna help us test, try another app with the GPS turned off but while you’re still connected to the network and see if the app knows where you are.

"jeff" wrote

This could be because the hardware in your phone doesn’t support network-based geolocation. If you wanna help us test, try another app with the GPS turned off but while you’re still connected to the network and see if the app knows where you are.

Other apps (soundhound, google now, etc) all do the network location thing perfectly. It’s definitely something in the singletracks app …

"maddslacker" wrote

Other apps (soundhound, google now, etc) all do the network location thing perfectly. It’s definitely something in the singletracks app …

Huh. But you mentioned the mobile website doesn’t get your location either, right? That uses a pretty standard web protocol…

[code:2u48ywx2]navigator.geolocation.getCurrentPosition[/code:2u48ywx2]

"jeff" wrote

Huh. But you mentioned the mobile website doesn’t get your location either, right? That uses a pretty standard web protocol…

Right, it asked permission, I said yes .. then nothing happened.

"maddslacker" wrote

Right, it asked permission, I said yes .. then nothing happened.

The way it *should* work is, you hit this page:
      http://m.singletracks.com/app/trail_section.html

Then it asks for permission (or maybe sooner depending on how you enter the mobile site). Then, once you’ve allowed it and it finds your position, you’ll see a menu item pop up above "US" in the list that says "Nearby."

So you don’t get the "nearby" option on that page?

That is correct. (Using Chrome, same for the default browser)

"maddslacker" wrote

That is correct. (Using Chrome, same for the default browser)

Crazy. It works in desktop Chrome so…

Yes it does, lol.

The offline check-in worked today!
      WOOHOO!
      Picked up:

On a side note: I climbed somewhere between 3300 and 7700 feet 😆

On a side note: I climbed somewhere between 3300 and 7700 feet

Ha, that’s VERY specific 😆

And congrats on the badges!

"mtbgreg1" wrote
      On a side note: I climbed somewhere between 3300 and 7700 feet

Ha, that’s VERY specific 😆

And congrats on the badges!

That’s what I thought!
      Garmin (corrections disabled): 3,383 ft
      Garmin (corrections enabled): 7,239 ft
      Strava: 3,986 ft
      Topofusion: 3,312 – 7,680 ft (depending on which GPX file I used)

And thanks 😃

Snagged these. Image
      I just need to get back to the trail I added now that it’s up, in time to get that pioneer. It would be cool if uploading a track counted. 💡

Congrats on the ND!

As mentioned above, if the trail isn’t there yet you can turn off data to force an offline check-in, and then once the trailhead location has been added to the database you can go back to the app, click on pending check-ins, and complete your check-in at the new trail.

Checking in with a GPS track is an idea, though…

Hoping to get a new badge or two this weekend… Maybe a North Carolina Rider badge? 😼

If anyone is having trouble figuring out how to use the app, including how to check in, I’ve just published an app walkthrough on the blog to take you through finding and riding a trail step-by-step with the Singletracks app: http://www.singletracks.com/blog/single … tb-trails/

Yah baby, I’ve been wanting this one, but I still need to do some more legit riding up here. This is just hanging out in Denver.

"Bubblehead10MM" wrote

[url:1wpw0lsn]http://www.singletracks.com/ci/badges/33.png[/url:1wpw0lsn]
      Yah baby, I’ve been wanting this one, but I still need to do some more legit riding up here. This is just hanging out in Denver.

Sweet!

Can’t wait to get back out to Colorado…. soon!

I counted them up and it’s 10 states since start of badges. hmmmmm, needs work.

[i:hwi95v4u]Finally[/i:hwi95v4u] picked up this one:

It always seemed like I got close but would just miss it due to conflicts on Tue/Thurs (group rides on "private" trails.)

If I’m lucky, I’ll snag Sample Platter this weekend.

Hell yeah! Picked up my Georgia badge today!

"PSUtuna" wrote

Hell yeah! Picked up my Georgia badge today!

Nice! where’d you ride?

"mtbgreg1" wrote

[quote="PSUtuna":1pvqy21q]Hell yeah! Picked up my Georgia badge today!

Nice! where’d you ride?[/quote:1pvqy21q]

Bartram Trail [url:1pvqy21q]http://www.singletracks.com/bike-trails/west-dam-bartram-trail.html[/url:1pvqy21q] from the West Dam side to Petersburg Campground and back again. Also hit the Lake Springs Loop off shoot. I noticed there was no GPS data or a TH, so I submitted that info. I tried the "off line check in" for the Lake Springs Loop but was unable to figure it out. Need to check your post on that before I head out again! 😆

If I said [i:32et0fov]"after much blood, sweat and tears"[/i:32et0fov] – it’d only be for dramatic effect… 😉

no blood, surprisingly few tears – but gallons of sweat…

… off for a shower now…

"swerverider" wrote

If I said [i:1wamb7ex]"after much blood, sweat and tears"[/i:1wamb7ex] – it’d only be for dramatic effect… 😉

… off for a shower now…

Woa, nice! Congrats on being the first person to grab that badge!

"mtbgreg1" wrote

[quote="swerverider":32y645a9]If I said [i:32y645a9]"after much blood, sweat and tears"[/i:32y645a9] – it’d only be for dramatic effect… 😉

… off for a shower now…

Woa, nice! Congrats on being the first person to grab that badge![/quote:32y645a9]
      +1 I am for reals jealous, but you got that 1st for all time.

I picked up three this weekend:

I picked up the last one by pure chance. I was enjoying the Bearclaw Poppy trail a bit too much and rode a bit later that planned. When I was finally on my way back to the car I found another trail (Barrel Ride) that I used to get back to the car.

Wow, very nice!

I gotta hit the road and get traveling more. I’ve just been riding my local trails, which means no more badges 😢

Either that, or I need to shoot for the Homebody badge 😀

"mtbgreg1" wrote

I thought the Homebody badge had been (temporarily?) removed?

"swerverider" wrote

[quote="mtbgreg1":3uhbfo21]Either that, or I need to shoot for the Homebody badge 😀

I thought the Homebody badge had been (temporarily?) removed?[/quote:3uhbfo21]

That’s true, I remember reading that. Well, maybe I need to get the check-ins that WOULD earn it so I can help Jeff troubleshoot that badge.

"mtbgreg1" wrote

Wow, very nice!

I gotta hit the road and get traveling more. I’ve just been riding my local trails, which means no more badges 😢

I’ve been on the road for the past three months so it’ll be nice to get home tomorrow…well, later today. 😃

If you or Jeff need any help with the Homebody badge, let me know. I have two "go-to" trails so I could focus on one for a week or two and hopefully get it figured out.

I may be lagging a little but haven’t been dropped yet 😀

Picked up another "Sheriff" badge yesterday and this gem! 😃

got a couple badges today

Image x2
      Image x2

"championstuff" wrote

got a couple badges today

Image x2
      Image x2

Very nice! Might be a long time before I grab a Washington badge

I grabbed the Explorer Badge and the Oregon Badge today, as well as several Sheriffs and Pioneers.

Who’s going to be the first one to Adventurer?!

Despite having ridden many trail in Colorado, I’ve only just now returned to the state to earn my Colorado badge:

And today, I also picked up an Epic Rider badge:

Sweet!

"mtbgreg1" wrote

Despite having ridden many trail in Colorado, I’ve only just now returned to the state to earn my Colorado badge:

And today, I also picked up an Epic Rider badge:

Sweet!

busy guy!

"championstuff" wrote

busy guy!

😄

Grabbed another badge:

Anybody uderstand why it shows I have the badge for this trail but it doesn’t show that way on the page?

Looks like a bug. Obviously you’re not the sheriff since you have less check-ins than the deputy. We’ll add that to the list of bugs to fix on next update. As a check, you can view the "more" tab on the main trail page which shows the correct sheriff:
      http://www.singletracks.com/bike-trails/more.php?id=558

Well I can test the iPhone and Droid because I have both. Work won’t allow me to use my droid as a work phone so they supply me with an iPhone.

It appears only to be a bug with Android. Shows up fine on the iPhone.

Thanks topjimmy. It’s definitely an Android-only bug and we’ve got the fix in place… just waiting to roll a couple more Android fixes in and release an update.

Picked up the Nevada badge today!

Grabbed my Utah badge today!

Something wierd on my "Badges" page. when I look at it almost all of the date first earned are on today’s date.

I did finally manage to get this one. 😃

Grabbed the Trekker today!

Checked in at 100 different trails since the start of the contest!

Congrats on 100, Greg!

I grabbed these over the last week:
      and

"Bubblehead10MM" wrote

Something wierd on my "Badges" page. when I look at it almost all of the date first earned are on today’s date.

I have the same thing happening. Every time I check in, I "earn" the Rambler badge.

"Jared13" wrote

Congrats on 100, Greg!

I grabbed these over the last week:
      and

[quote="Bubblehead10MM":2rhzhdm3]Something wierd on my "Badges" page. when I look at it almost all of the date first earned are on today’s date.

I have the same thing happening. Every time I check in, I "earn" the Rambler badge.[/quote:2rhzhdm3]

Woa, nice! Looks like you went on a Road trip! Where’d you ride in Wisconsin?

"mtbgreg1" wrote

Sure did!
      I hit up the Human Powered Trails in LaCrosse, WI. They are only 90 minutes from my old house and I knew the trails pretty well so it was a fun, no-chance-of-getting-lost ride. 😃

"Jared13" wrote

[quote="mtbgreg1":2lx1lvd4]

Sure did!
      I hit up the Human Powered Trails in LaCrosse, WI. They are only 90 minutes from my old house and I knew the trails pretty well so it was a fun, no-chance-of-getting-lost ride. 😃[/quote:2lx1lvd4]

Nice, those trails are fun!!

Just scored this badge, this weekend in Moab:

"Jared13" wrote

[quote="mtbgreg1":3pnuhhmk]

Sure did!
      I hit up the Human Powered Trails in LaCrosse, WI. They are only 90 minutes from my old house and I knew the trails pretty well so it was a fun, no-chance-of-getting-lost ride. 😃[/quote:3pnuhhmk]

Easy for you to say \, LOL I got plenty lost. Might be going back this week end, ether that or some where in north MN.

"mtbgreg1" wrote

Just scored this badge, this weekend in Moab:

Congrats Pilgrim. 😄

"Bubblehead10MM" wrote

[quote="Jared13":1fr1velf][quote="mtbgreg1":1fr1velf]

Sure did!
      I hit up the Human Powered Trails in LaCrosse, WI. They are only 90 minutes from my old house and I knew the trails pretty well so it was a fun, no-chance-of-getting-lost ride. 😃[/quote:1fr1velf]

Easy for you to say \, LOL I got plenty lost. Might be going back this week end, ether that or some where in north MN.[/quote:1fr1velf]

LOL!
      Well, I got lost my first time out there, but after riding it 2-3 times, I had it down pretty well.

Where in northern MN? Cuyuna Lakes? 😃

Rode some local trails today and I was surprised when I earned a new badge.

Did anyone else get surprised by the Polar Bear Badge today?

The funniest part was today was kind of nice. It was a good 20 degrees warmer than my "night" ride last Wednesday. (The sun goes down around 4:30 here and the temp just [i:177saln4]drops[/i:177saln4].)

"Jared13" wrote

The funniest part was today was kind of nice. It was a good 20 degrees warmer than my "night" ride last Wednesday. (The sun goes down around 4:30 here and the temp just [i:18gknhqp]drops[/i:18gknhqp].)

Nice job! Unfortunately, looks like I won’t be earning that unless I get up to North to ride before the end of February.

Congrats again!

I didn’t get one… but then again, it was 80 degrees when I rode yesterday…

"Jared13" wrote

The funniest part was today was kind of nice. It was a good 20 degrees warmer than my "night" ride last Wednesday. (The sun goes down around 4:30 here and the temp just [i:280ojumz]drops[/i:280ojumz].)

I’m calling BS on this badge as my last ride at Buff Creek started out at 17F and I was wearing shorts. 😈

"maddslacker" wrote

I’m calling BS on this badge as my last ride at Buff Creek started out at 17F and I was wearing shorts. 😈

That sounds like our group rides that start an hour after sunset…but would need to wait another 3.5 hours to get the "NiteRider" badge 😆

"Jared13" wrote

The funniest part was today was kind of nice. It was a good 20 degrees warmer than my "night" ride last Wednesday. (The sun goes down around 4:30 here and the temp just [i:33diskpj]drops[/i:33diskpj].)

Wow! I haven’t gotten a badge in a long time. Not sure if I’ll ever get that one though. berrr 😆 If I ever get settled down in MN I’m going to have to have a Fatty. and, Like, Warm Cozy gear, then I’ll get it. Maybe next year/Winter.

Just noticed a new badge I had earned that somehow I missed! Pretty sweet:

Nice job, Greg!

————

Did the Polar Bear award stop working? I noticed I’ve only earned it twice while riding quite a few trails, and even stranger, I’m the only one that has it earned. I [i:124ol1dp]know[/i:124ol1dp] folks are out riding their bikes.

[i:eq1g6ss0]FINALLY[/i:eq1g6ss0] got this today –

And thanks to Greg for his help in sorting my last trail submission which helped me get this…

I am new to this. Do you have to have a strava or bike computer to log rides? Are there any badges for China. I am finding quite a few trails. Just want to know how this works.

Sean

"mic673" wrote

I am new to this. Do you have to have a strava or bike computer to log rides? Are there any badges for China. I am finding quite a few trails. Just want to know how this works.

Sean

Have a look here.
      [url:3f03q2qw]http://help.singletracks.com/support/solutions/articles/76690-singletracks-trail[/url:3f03q2qw]

ImageI did finally get that Adventurer 😃

Noticed I snagged this badge back in May:

What badges have y’all grabbed lately?

Snagged this one on our current media trip:

Fun times up here in Alberta!

"Greg Heil" wrote

Snagged this one on our current media trip:

Hope to nail that one on my trip to Edmonton next week 😀 Can hardly wait to shred the river valley there once again. It’s been far too long.

"Paully D" wrote

[quote="Greg Heil":31w2mklo]Snagged this one on our current media trip:

Hope to nail that one on my trip to Edmonton next week 😀 Can hardly wait to shred the river valley there once again. It’s been far too long.[/quote:31w2mklo]

I’m sure you’ll have a blast!!

I got the Alberta Badge this morning riding some of the river valley trails in Edmonton. Was great to be back on old favourites from when I lived in Edmonton years ago.

"Paully D" wrote

I got the Alberta Badge this morning riding some of the river valley trails in Edmonton. Was great to be back on old favourites from when I lived in Edmonton years ago.

Nice! How are the trails around Edmonton?

I really love the trails in Edmonton’s river valley. There’s between 170-200km of interconnected sections of singletrack ranging from very beginner to blue/black dh stuff. The valley holds a nostalgic place in my heart because I lived in Edmonton about 7yr ago and rode those trails daily for hours, even in the snow. The highlight was a new trail built in the past couple years called Groat Trail (on strava), or as the locals refer to it, Groat Rollercoaster. It was a ton of fun. Fast, flowy, tight corners, all downhill at a moderate grade.

Sadly, some sections which I remember loving dearly were washed away from small landslides. They created fun hike a bike obstacles! Overall was great to get back on trails I have always loved, and to see how far I’ve progressed in my riding skills since last time I rode them 4yr ago. I cleaned everything that use to scare me 😀

"Paully D" wrote

I really love the trails in Edmonton’s river valley. There’s between 170-200km of interconnected sections of singletrack ranging from very beginner to blue/black dh stuff. The valley holds a nostalgic place in my heart because I lived in Edmonton about 7yr ago and rode those trails daily for hours, even in the snow. The highlight was a new trail built in the past couple years called Groat Trail (on strava), or as the locals refer to it, Groat Rollercoaster. It was a ton of fun. Fast, flowy, tight corners, all downhill at a moderate grade.

Sadly, some sections which I remember loving dearly were washed away from small landslides. They created fun hike a bike obstacles! Overall was great to get back on trails I have always loved, and to see how far I’ve progressed in my riding skills since last time I rode them 4yr ago. I cleaned everything that use to scare me 😀

That sounds like a blast! I’d love to get up there to ride sometime!

Just earned the Arizona badge yesterday! It wasn’t my first time riding in Arizona… but it was the first time since the Trail Challenge began:

Just noticed… Its back…!

I’ve noticed a wierd thing. the "date first earned" on my badges list often says current date. http://www.singletracks.com/ci/member_b … p?id=99095

"Bubblehead10MM" wrote

I’ve noticed a wierd thing. the "date first earned" on my badges list often says current date. http://www.singletracks.com/ci/member_b … p?id=99095

Hey Dean, thanks for the heads up! We’ll look into it.

Darn it! I forgot to check in. First time riding in NC too. I’m sure there’ll be a next time. 😀

Hey guys, I just went on a road trip, and I earned some fun badges 😀

To begin, I rode in Idaho for the first time ever:

Next, I also earned my first badges in Montana and Wyoming, although I’ve ridden there before (before the Trail Challenge began):

Also, I just noticed that at some point I earned the Trekker 200 badge–sweet!

What badges have you guys earned lately?

I’ve only been riding about 2 months. Got one Pioneer, GA rider, and a Sheriff so far. 9 trails done with lots to go. Really fun idea. It’s probably my favorite feature of the site.

"spc7669" wrote

I’ve only been riding about 2 months. Got one Pioneer, GA rider, and a Sheriff so far. 9 trails done with lots to go. Really fun idea. It’s probably my favorite feature of the site.

So glad you’re digging the challenge!!

Got the Sampler Platter today. My backside feels like I was caned by a Singapore prison guard.

Viewing 180 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.