Searching the forums?

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Is there an easy way to search these forums. I’m noting all kinds of great knowledge from people that have posted here, but I can’t figure out how to search for specific topics. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance.

smokey: The lack of an advanced search feature is a limitation of the site as you may have to wade through a lot of articles/posts to find what you’re looking for.  I’d suggest posting a few examples of what you’re searching and I’m sure you’ll get some useful feedback.

Try the “back door” route.  Google singletracks and the topic your seeking, you may have success that way.  Good luck

Thanks for the replies. Yes, Triton, that’s what I’ve been doing. I was just hoping there was a simpler (more direct route) to get there.

I find the search engine of singletracks very effective.  Though the search will bring up other articles, it also readily brings up forums on the topic you searched.

I know it was pointed out  but the format that will focus Google is :    site:singletracks.com/blog/forums SmokyBear – this for example will pull all of your posts.

Or just use the search bar at the top of the page–it does a Google Site search for you. 🙂 If you’re looking for a forum thread specifically (and not an article or trail review) you can add the word “forum” to your query.

I know this question has been asked before, so I’d love to get some feedback to understand where people are getting hung up. Are the “search suggestions” in the search box at the top of each page confusing? I could see how it might seem like those are the only results…

Another way to search the forums specifically is to click on a tagged term at the top of the post. Singletracks uses a flat forum hierarchy which makes it a bit more free form. For this reason, topic tags are crucial, and also help generate recommendations for similar threads. We view every new topic that comes in and add the appropriate tags if they are missing, so they are generally pretty complete.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.