Salida bike trip

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hello,

I’m planning our annual bike trip with 3 other friends, we normally do Moab, Sedona and Fruita. But this year we want to try a new place. Reading different articles, I have seen that Salida seems to be a very good. We typically go for the first or second week of October once our season here is Québec is almost over. My concern for Salida is the weather at this time of the year. If anyone has been there at that time of the year, it would be nice to get comments.

We thought about Salida but any other suggestions of good mountain bike destination would be welcomed

I love October in Colorado and Salida is a pretty safe bet.  It’s Colorado, so anything can happen, but I’d think your odds are good.  If you come a little earlier it will open up a larger area.  Salida stays warmer than most areas, so some of the possible road trips to the high mountain areas might have a little snow.  If you get unlucky with weather, you’re only two hours from the Front range and can almost certainly ride in October.

Weather in Salida is a pretty safe bet, it is a dry climate with little winter snowfall.   You should have no problem in October.  Tons of trails within 10 miles of town!

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.