Roll Call: FL Riders/MTBR’s (North FL, Central FL, South FL)

Singletracks Mountain Bike News, Product Reviews, MTB Trails and Community Protected: Forums Mountain Bike Forum Roll Call: FL Riders/MTBR’s (North FL, Central FL, South FL)

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 316 reply threads
  • Author

HERE!!!!!!!! 😛
      LP checkin in….Im mainly a cc rider but do luv dh and freeridin too…
      Ride a trek 3900 hardtail, beefed skewers ,rear wheel, pedals, stem and other goodies…looking 4 a fs rig or a 29er in the near future 😃
      Im up in the gainesville area ….Great place to be ,w/a very progressive mtb scene………will get some pics of the rig up for ya soon….
      Ya’ll come ride,ya hear!!!!!!!!!!! 😆 😆 😆

Representing Ormond Beach (just North of Daytona)! New to the forums as well. Just started riding (seriously) this past November and just can’t get enough of it. Riding a new 08′ Giant Trance x2, also have an old Trek 830 hardtail. Singletracks rocks! Great community, great information, glad to be part of it.

I posted several trail pics and as soon as I figure out how the heck to get post them here I will.

Well here she is! Finally got it up. Better late then never.

Howdy All:

Darren here, St. Pete / Tampa. FL area. I post on SWAMP as well as MTBR now, under the same username.

Active Duty Military, 23 years now… I have made an intro on here before going to the sand box, well I’m finally back and on the bike again.

Hope to see ya out on the trails!!!

I flog a 2005 Stumpy S-Works FSR for now… In the market for a new bike. My first choice is a Pivot Mach 5… but with so many options out there, it’s sorta product overload. I frequent Carter, Santos, Alafia, Boyette, Markham and Oleta regularly. Oleta is my least favorite…

Déjà vu 😃 Mims, Titusville checking in.

I should take some pics next time out. I ride every Sunday if anyone wants to go.

LUTZ, FL here currently in nc but will be returning home next year

as for the whip i have a 2010 P1 all mountain with
      Mavic Deetracks
      Rockshox Recon Race front fork
      Shimano XT clipless pedals
      Funn platform pedals
      Specialized BG Sport shoes

and i do have a roadie
      2010 specialized allez sport

BEFORE
      AFTER

whats up everybody?

my name is Brandon and I’m from jax beach but living in the space coast.

grew up riding motocross until I was about 12 years old and got on a surfboard, forgot about anything with wheels from that point on. Now I’m 25, married, with a son and was looking to get into adventure racing so I bought a trek 3900disc. A friend took me out to fruit trail and I’ve been out there every weekend since (hooked).

First day out on fruit trail I bent up the seat rails (flattened the seat) and broke the pedals. Upgraded with crank brothers 50/50xx pedals and a WTB Rocket V seat.

I’m looking to upgrade my handlebars next. Anybody got any good suggestions? My bars have a small rise but I’m thinking more rise could help me get the front of the bike off the ground a little easier. I just dont know if I should go 50mm or 80mm on the rise. I read for width it should be about 4-6 inches wider than my shoulders, right?

If anybody rides fruit trail or knows of any other good local spots let me know! I’d love to get out there with some guys that really know what they’re doing and learn something. I’m really enjoying getting back into jumping and the freeride aspect too.

Thanks for the great forum/website/resource and hope to see some of you guys out on the trails.

Welcome to Singletracks!

looking to get into adventure racing

I did my first adventure race last year in Green Cove Springs (near Jax) and had a blast. You should check it out it’s called The Bear. It’s 10 hours of kayaking, mountain biking and running.
      [url:85ylyf2z]http://www.performancemultisports.com/BEARinfo.htm[/url:85ylyf2z]
      You’ll love it.

My name is Aaron and I’m in Gainesville.I got back into riding toward the end of last year when my friend gave me his old XC style Wal Mart Mongoose and it got me back out on the trails.I had been off a bike for about 8 years prior to that but it’s all starting to come back,haha.

Here is my current ride,a Mongoose Blackcomb with a new front end.After I swap all the components for quality parts,I’ll swap it all to a nicer frame.

I enjoy nice rolling trails through the woods,really anything just as long as I’m riding but have always kinda considered myself as a freerider in the aspect that I don’t like to be locked into a loop.If I come across a fun section I’ll go back and hit it a couple more times with complete disregard for heart rate or anything exercise related,haha.I like jumps,ladder bridges and drops alot,that is where I have the most fun and I’m working my way up to the bigger ones.

I am in the space coast and my name is aaron.

hey chillipepper good meeting up with all of you guys today! Your son was charging! Looking forward to doing more riding together.

I am also rep’n the Melbourne area. Just getting back into biking ….was a serious bmx’r as a kid from 82-88. Currently on a Specialized Pitch.

go to my profile for bike pics

Is that an OH-58 in sheriff department colors? Looks like you have two sweet rides.

Yup, you know your helicopters.

Brevard MTB’ers

it is with extreme disappointment that I let you know, this AM I went to our local trail and literally 95% of the stunt sections have been destroyed. ive seen them destroy certain sections over the past few months, and drop the occasional tree to block a section. This AM most all sections were blocked by log, and every stunt section except the huck w/ steep drop bypass to carpeted DJ has been destroyed. to give you an idea, every section had a red flag sticking out of the ground and had been completely dug out and filled with water.

if anybody wants to coordinate a day to try and fix some stuff, even if only to get a few more rides in, im down. this trail is what got me loving this sport, it really is a special trail and though ive only been riding it for a few months it really does hurt to see it in such disarray.

"KiltedRanger" wrote

Howdy All:

Darren here, St. Pete / Tampa. FL area. I post on SWAMP as well as MTBR now, under the same username.

Active Duty Military, 23 years now… I have made an intro on here before going to the sand box, well I’m finally back and on the bike again.

Hope to see ya out on the trails!!!

I flog a 2005 Stumpy S-Works FSR for now… In the market for a new bike. My first choice is a Pivot Mach 5… but with so many options out there, it’s sorta product overload. I frequent Carter, Santos, Alafia, Boyette, Markham and Oleta regularly. Oleta is my least favorite…

Look out for this guy, he is CRAZY!!! Come on! Look how he spells his name! 😀

got my fork on, so i cleaned her up and took a pic. if ya see me out and about feel free to say whatsup!

i dig the orange as well mike. the fork feels 10x better than the suntour that came on the bike, which bottom out even at the highest compression setting. new fork added a bit of weight to the front but i think that might come in handy, bike rides much smoother. it looks better to, imo. the wife says it doesnt match but looks ‘neat’.

see ya tomorrow.

yo chilipepper i had a great time riding with you guys yesterday! thanks for the pointers and my new avatar pic! Hope to see ya saturday!

New guy here from the Melbourne/Palm Bay area returning to MTB’ing after a long hiatus. I’ll be picking up my first full suspension bike later this week and I’m stoked! I decided on a Haro Sonix which has just about everything I’ve been looking for. Loving this site and looking forward to riding with the locals here soon.

Take care,
      Jason

Another new guy here from Melbourne, Florida. I’m a buddy of Jason (reason) and also ordered a Haro Sonix 16â€

Dave and I were talking about riding GFT this weekend. It’s been a while since I rode, so I’ll probably be taking it easy getting a feel for the new bike, but definitely want to check it out.

Nope, but I really want to. I’ve seen some pictures and video from the GFT and it looks really fun.

Take care,
      Dave

"ChiliPepper" wrote

Do you guys like to do urban assault?

Used to ride BMX and street skate back in the day before the population explosion. Always down for some urban assault. Guess there’s some good spots around here still?

"ChiliPepper" wrote

You are more than welcome to join us for a ride if you want bro. There is no set riding skill, just do what you want bro.

Thanks man! I’d definitely like to meet up with you guys after I pick up the new bike. DTO would be a blast! Going to check out GFT for sure on Saturday, weather permitting.

As long as the bikes get here on Friday, we’ll be heading getting over there around 9 on Saturday. Do you park at the Church?

I will be there Saturday AM if you guys wanna ride. Hopefully chilipepper can make it out too. PM me if you guys wanna m eet at the trailhead otherwise i’ll see you out there.

lookout for my creamsicle (as my wife calls it, or orange and white) hardtail, lol.

chili I just built the ladder bridge to the top of the 4 & 1/2′ skinny. when you guys wanna come test er out with me? I think my wrist is good as of this AM, or good enough at least.

yeah she is starting to dig the orange and white! lol

no worries bro see ya saturday.

good riding with everyone today. if you guys want to get up for a urban session let me know! I’ve also got a small dirt jump, wooden skinny, and a few other cool sections behind my house if you guys ever want to get in some practice with me.

let me know what days work I try to ride as much as possible.

It was nice meeting sevendaysoff and chilipepper today. Thanks for showing us around the trails. 😎

Take care,
      Dave

"ChiliPepper" wrote

Wow, what a small world we have tonight. Welcome aboard Singletracks and MTB’ing to you as well bro! Have you guys rode the GFT (Grapefruit or also known as the Fruit trail) yet?

Was riding the GFT a few weeks ago with a buddy. Did one loop and had a great time. On our second loop we started to hear the engine of heavy machinery. Sure enough, a Tillman Canal worker in a Bobcat was tearing up all the jumps and trails on the south side near the power lines. My buddy (who has a shorter temper than I do) confronted the workers and they said it was state property and they were ordered to take the trails out.

This was now the second time in about a month that they came out to tear it all up. Major buzzkill too since it is the best riding in the county. The trails were repaired pretty quickly after the first time they were destroyed. Are they back again? (hopefully)

we rebuilt one section on the eastern upper trail today. the tabletop section , the sandwich drop and another drop section were destroyed. the tabletop has been destroyed for about a month but the other damage was new. such is life.

I had a blast out there! It had been way too long since I rode. I made some adjustments to the bike when I got home, we’ll see how it rides next weekend. Big thanks to you guys for showing us around GFT and giving me a hand with my bike! Probably check out Turkey Creek next weekend.

Jason

hell yeah bro. you guys really need to get up with us for a urban session. its not nearly as physically taxing as the trail and you can go at your own pace. more ya ride the quicker you’ll become comfortable. nice meeting you guys today. chili when we hitting cocoa next?

back is good. im feeling a little sore but ive landed worse. i told you about the time off that root jump, i had to walk that one off. i only had to shake that one today off! lol.

actually what wore me out more than anything was that 30 minutes of trail work.

im down for riding somewhere different also. let me know when you want to do cocoa this week im always down!

b

Rode around Wicham park today. Just as chilipepper said there is lots of sugar sand around the Wicham Pavilion and BCC areas. I rode on some decent trails inside the park though. Some still had sugar sand but others were covered in pine needles which made it easier for traction.

Take care,
      Dave

been kind of sick all week again. im thinking of riding turkey creek either tomorrow or sunday. anybody down?

We ALL need to go meet up at Santos once I get my frame together!!!

I gotta get you guys up this way to ride the SWAMP. Graham Swamp has come a long way in the last few months and just keeps getting better. If you guys want to set-up a date to shoot this way let me know.

"sevendaysoff" wrote

been kind of sick all week again. im thinking of riding turkey creek either tomorrow or sunday. anybody down?

Been sick all week here too. Don’t think I’ll be making it out to ride this weekend. 😕

Im trying to goto Santos mid May (around 10th – 15th). for 1 or 2 nights, but may be mid-week.

I’ll keep you posted bro.

We’re having trouble finding a babysitter 😢 . If we can’t get a babysitter I am just going to leave early AM and come back that night. Wifey will stay home. If you and Joco want to ride with me let me know, but we will need a bigger rack for my SUV for all 3 bikes. I’m looking into that right now too though so it may be taken care of.

checkin’ in!!! The one of the origianal O.C.C. (Old Chuluota Crew) scotkrzy from the big Chuluota present and acounted for! ready to tear up some single track, DH, Xc, urban asault! good call out Chilli. We have a couple remaining in the O.C.C. that still ride hard, ride fast. LBE is our back yard and we enjoy hookin’ up and ridin’ out.

Yeah, it’s been a bit dry out there lately Chili. This past Monday, however, we had a super hard, hard rain. Unfortunately, it was too much, to fast. It washed a lot of the sugar sand down onto the trail. A lot of those areas were not like that before the rain. The guys we’re working on that Saturday in fact. They’ve also been embedding smaller coquina rock into the trail where it’s regularly soft. That’s been working out really good,

We should start to see our regular afternoon showers real soon. I’ll let you know when conditions tighten up.

I was gonna hit you up this morn and see how it went. But you beat me to it. The place does sound like there is some fun to be had there. Many thanks to Joetutt for the advisory and to all those workin on gettin it straight. Sugar sugar is a part of Fla ridin but too much can beatcha down quick!!! Probably hit LBE Sunday a.m. if ya could swing it … or to anyone

damn chili sounds like a blast. im getting anxious, cant wait to get back out there with you guys. 😢

😀 😃 😛 pre-ride trail packin’ on the LBE this mornin!!! Got about 45 min of good hard rain. woo hoo

Hi! My name is Sal. I am from Gainesville, FL (and sometimes Coral Springs, FL). I am very new to mountain biking but I’m pretty darn excited to have started.

I would love to learn the local trails and get out riding with some cool people (so if anyone from Gainesville reads this, help a newbie out!).

Aaaaand the bike! Haro Escape 8.3:Image

I suppose I should introduce myself. My name is Paul, and I ride with GALAXY very often here. I’m in North Central Florida and it’s awesome. I’m a Canadian citizen that has been afforded the opportunity to live in this great country. I married my wife back in 2006, and I love it down here. A 24-case of beer costs only 14 dollars here, 40 dollars back in Canada. I have built my bike down here with the reduced prices only found down here with reduced costs. I look forward to becoming a citizen of this great country. Only time will tell. 😃

Short Forum Success Story!

So through this forum, I met up with SaiyanFury and GALAXY and they showed me some trails. Shout out to them and a big thanks for helping out a newbie.

Snoop Doug here, checking in from Melbourne Fl. I rode riding motocross for most of my life but have gotten away from that in recent years due to a back injury. I havent ridden bicycles for a while, but am getting back into it with the purchase of a Stumpy Elite. Ive notice that I have a six pack protector slowly growing over my stomach and I’m not too fond of it at the ripe age of 23. 😆

I can’t wait to get out there and ride with some of ya’ll!

CP my last day of summer semester is saturday and then I’ve got 2 weeks off between semesters. let’s get a couple rides in.

I’ll be picking up the bike either Thurs. or Friday and down for a ride this weekend. The bike needs an hour or so of love then its ready to rip. CP what time do you usually ride?

I got it used from a guy who just moved to palm bay from tampa and needs money.

Ive been jogging and biking between noon and 1:30 for the past few weeks and dont mind the Floida heat. I havent ridden anything in palm bay but have heard some good stroies about it (at least in the past). Im down for anything, anytime.

Sending you a PM

I can’t say I have been through downtown melbourne during the day to scope the riding there and the times I have been down there have been late and rather hazy for some reason… no way could it be alcohol induced! 😆

Whicham park is about the only spot I go, jogging and biking. I have a BRIGHT blue lifted tacoma, its stands out like a sore thumb.
      Used to bicycle and ride pitbikes at the bum trails but the last couple times there it seemed everything was getting plowed down (havent been there in about two years), maybe I’ll go check it out tomorrow morning before work.

Are the turkey creek trails off Milwakee? I know people used to (maybe they still do) take trucks and motorbikes out there.

ChilliPepper!

I’ve always taken Briar Creek to the scrub sanctuary. Ho Chi Man is right off of Port Malabar Road East of the bridge. Hope you like sand and roots.

I am down for an urban ride, Friday or Saturday evening would be good for me. Just give me a shout.

yoyoy – my crew will be out on the GFT sunday AM if you guys want to join us. Pretty much out for saturday.
      GFT looks like shit btw, but of course there are still some fun sections.

i want to be there by 9 at the latest. beat the heat. i should be there @ 8:30 if all goes as planned.

well everyone bailed on me for this weekend, so i’ll meet you there @ 9.

Sweet, well I’ll be joining ya’ll for the bikes maiden voyage…

May just stroll over there for an hour or two Sunday.

Had a great stroll through Melbourne today CP. I am definitely down for some GFT Sunday if ya’ll go. You know how to get a hold of me.

BTW, I got the hifi to fit in the front seat of the El Co. Good thing to know 😀

look at me looking like the slacker! To make a long story short, a bit too much celebrating as saturday was my last final of the summer semester. Left my phone at a buddy’s house and slept most of sunday.

We definitely should get a planned urban ribe going around here. I’m down. I usually don’t flail like that, ask CP 😼

CP, it was definately a good time riding this weekend! I wish I could get out Wednsday and ride with ya’ll.

Hope to get out there and ride again soon!

CP, I’m still down for Wed this week. Looks like I will be out of town next week. After that I think I will have to move it to Thursdays. Have classes Monday/Wednesday now. I day trip to DTO one weekend doesnt sound bad at all. Give me a couple weeks though, just pulled a honey pass for Santos, don’t want to push my luck.

what time you guys riding in melbourne tomorrow?

I will try to make it. i’ll let ya know for sure tomorrow.

I can be out there around 5:15. I dont get out of work till 5:00 and I am on John Rodes by Eau Gallie.

Think we should put Snow Hill on the list of day trips too ;)

I’m down for soilders creek one early weekend day. My next stop will be North Port for sure.

Speaking of meeting up and riding, anyone planning on riding San Felasco this weekend? I’ve never been and I would love to ride with someone a little more familiar with the place.

If you guys don’t feel like waiting on my butt just give me a shout. I’ll give you a call when I leave the plant and try to meet up with yall. I can get stuck at the plant after hours on a moments notice so I’ll let you know if it is looking that way.

Had a blast man! Yeah, just call me Code ‘What stairs?’ Rage 😃 You missed the curb huck to manual. Hahaha, didn’t mean to do it, never done it before, just let the bike do it’s thing and go along for a ride. Causeway was a blast, pretty cool drawing a crowd. And the drops were just awesome! I am going to have to figure out how to explain the new Opie to SWMBO, minor detail….

Heh, I was so stoked a cop pulled up behind me at the drive through. Bought him dinner. (Man, Cops eat CHEAP!)

Nor sure if I can roll this weekend. Maybe Sat Evening. Depends on how much trouble I get into at the bike shop…. 😃.

If I wasnt so tired I’d be bouncing off the walls brother. 😼

I didn’t know Frt Pierce was open again. Good news.

Depends on what day I get out of Destin, If I can get home Thursday I don’t think it will be a problem. Definitely going to need the exercise. Eating on the road is baaaad for me.

hellllooooo…. is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me… 😉

"sevendaysoff" wrote

hellllooooo…. is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me… 😉

😆 < thats the closes thing I could find for a nod. 😏 Whats good, neighbor. Where’s the ride this weekend?

"ChiliPepper" wrote

[quote="sevendaysoff":joi0x7rr]hellllooooo…. is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me… 😉

I was thinking the same thing since last week, but I thought I would be nice and let everyone keep hibernating. 😆[/quote:joi0x7rr]
      I’m awake 😛

"scotkrzy" wrote

[quote="sevendaysoff":16ir1f45]hellllooooo…. is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me… 😉

😆 < thats the closes thing I could find for a nod. 😏 Whats good, neighbor. Where’s the ride this weekend?[/quote:16ir1f45]

scotkryz.. your in o-town right? Want to meet up for soldiers creek early SAT?

"sevendaysoff" wrote

[quote="scotkrzy":2bpbr7nb][quote="sevendaysoff":2bpbr7nb]hellllooooo…. is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me… 😉

😆 < thats the closes thing I could find for a nod. 😏 Whats good, neighbor. Where’s the ride this weekend?[/quote:2bpbr7nb]

scotkryz.. your in o-town right? Want to meet up for soldiers creek early SAT?[/quote:2bpbr7nb]
      yes I am (in O-town), SC sounds good, the earlier the better for me I gotta go to work for a couple hrs afterwards. No better way to start the day! You name the time you gotta drive farther. I’ll PM ya my phone # for more direct contact

see ya sat. bud

"sevendaysoff" wrote

see ya sat. bud

sounds fun, See ya then.
      Anyone of you hibernaters 😆 wanna go, well lets ride! 😉 Around 8 Am. Ride On
      SSSEEEEE YYYAAA!!!

good ride and nice meeting all you guys. thanks for showing me the trails.

"sevendaysoff" wrote

good ride and nice meeting all you guys. thanks for showing me the trails.

yessir good fun, thanks for commin over. Now you know the original O.C.C. (Old Chuluota Crew 😆 ), look forward to the next ride! SSSEEEEEE YYYAAA! 😎

Get well my friend, we definately missed you guys. We did have a blast though, 2 fast laps around SC then across the road for some adventure ridin’, I dubbed it bike moshin’. very fun, took one boardwalk that was so slick it was like ice, tire slid out on ‘Sevendaysoff’ and he spun around like he was break dancin’ 😆 , we were literally ridin’ like 4MPH and that was too fast, then back to SC for another fast lap. Good times. B-dons a good dude and it was great hookin up with him! I think he had a good time.
      I think it awesome that you ride so much with Joco, can’t help ya with the SS though sry.
      Anyway bro, get better and Ride On!
      SSSEEEE YYAA!!! Scott

yea i had a blast on both trails. is was great meeting up with you guys. CP I tried calling you when I got back in town but got no answer, hope you’re feeling ok.

Hey Trailheads 😆 any plans for this weekend (8/28-29). Far as I know I’m pretty open, might hafta work a little on Satuday 😠 but thats no big deal. Have bike will travel 😉

Hey Everyone,
      Jacksonville here. I just thought I’d stop in and introduce myself and see if anyone is looking for someone to ride this area with. I usually ride Hannah,Fort Clinch and do endurance training rides at Baldwin. I’m planning a 4 day weekend to Santos the first week in October. And a two week trip to Dupont SF/ Pisgah October 2011.
      I’m a low intermediate rider and ride a 2011 Giant Revel 2. 😀

Thanks! see ya on the trails!

whats up J-ville? I’m in O-town area, we tear it up pretty often down here, got some decent trails locally,Little Big Econ(LBE) is in my back yard and Soldiers Creek is short but SWWEEEET.We hit Santos and Carter rd(Loyce) with glee, always ready to check out new stuff.Keep us posted on the Santos trip, I’m ready to go there again. Anyway good to hear from ya.
      Ride On! Scott(thats me too) 😉

Whats up Trailheads, just a Quicky besides the usual "Who’s ridin what and where this weekend’. Has anyone been to North Port recently? I wanna go but don’t want to ride 2 hrs to find the place closed down. Thanks
      Ride On
      SSSEEEEEE YYYAAA!!! Scott

Ok. its near impossible to find people to ride with regularly and its pissing me off. whats everybody doing this weekend in CFL? i wanna get a ride in @ GFT or a good urban session

chili.. you too cool to hang out with me now or what? 😆 lets get an urban ride together this weekend, or hit GFT. they just finished my swimming pool so you guys should come out and ride & swim! hit me up man i havent seen ya in a while hope all is well.

Checking in……. Been riding Spruce Creek every weekend and snowhill from time to time to build up my endurance. Snowhill by the way is really good right now, the water is low and the trail is in good shape. Any one up for a trip to Santos in a few weeks. I want to hit the west side of the land bridge. Ive read the blues on the west side are great. Just hit me up if you want to go, I usally ride with 2 others and we are intermediate + riders. Im in North Brevard.

"sevendaysoff" wrote

Ok. its near impossible to find people to ride with regularly and its pissing me off. whats everybody doing this weekend in CFL? i wanna get a ride in @ GFT or a good urban session

chili.. you too cool to hang out with me now or what? 😆 lets get an urban ride together this weekend, or hit GFT. they just finished my swimming pool so you guys should come out and ride & swim! hit me up man i havent seen ya in a while hope all is well.

Alright now don’t forget about the O.C.C.brotha. 😆 We’re still down to eat up some landscape, had some bike troubles lately but got most of that str8, let me know what & where & I’ll bring the who 😉

"GatorB" wrote

Checking in……. Been riding Spruce Creek every weekend and snowhill from time to time to build up my endurance. Snowhill by the way is really good right now, the water is low and the trail is in good shape. Any one up for a trip to Santos in a few weeks. I want to hit the west side of the land bridge. Ive read the blues on the west side are great. Just hit me up if you want to go, I usally ride with 2 others and we are intermediate + riders. Im in North Brevard.

Check, Whats happenin’ man. We gotta hook up for Snow Hill! I live in Chuluota and Snow Hill is literally my backyard. Propably be out there this weekend. Hit me up 😉

whats everybody doing SAT AM?

mike just tried to PM you but cant.. said you’re not accepting PM’s. hit me up lets ride this weekend.

"sevendaysoff" wrote

whats everybody doing SAT AM?

Um I don’t know, ridin mountain bikes 😉

scott me & CP are hitting GFT about 9:30. you should come through.

"ChiliPepper" wrote

[quote="scotkrzy":1wwjo58b][quote="sevendaysoff":1wwjo58b]whats everybody doing SAT AM?

Um I don’t know, ridin mountain bikes 😉[/quote:1wwjo58b]
      Um, ya sure…. 😆 😆 😆 So Scott, you are coming on down to our neck of the woods?[/quote:1wwjo58b]
      I think I’m gonna have to 😃 as far as I know I gots no other plans that could be near as exciting 😉 😆 😎 I’ll give you a shout Friday to verify. Your # still the same

"scotkrzy" wrote

[quote="GatorB":32nocw2r]Checking in……. Been riding Spruce Creek every weekend and snowhill from time to time to build up my endurance. Snowhill by the way is really good right now, the water is low and the trail is in good shape. Any one up for a trip to Santos in a few weeks. I want to hit the west side of the land bridge. Ive read the blues on the west side are great. Just hit me up if you want to go, I usally ride with 2 others and we are intermediate + riders. Im in North Brevard.

Check, Whats happenin’ man. We gotta hook up for Snow Hill! I live in Chuluota and Snow Hill is literally my backyard. Propably be out there this weekend. Hit me up 😉[/quote:32nocw2r]

Cant ride this weekend my fork is broke, bent the compression damper. Hoping to do a Santos trip next weekend.

FYI They are writing tickets lately at snow hill for not having a pass.

"ChiliPepper" wrote

[quote="GatorB":36astn53]FYI They are writing tickets lately at snow hill for not having a pass.

As long as you pay the dues at the honor station, then all is good. Just make sure that the ticket is good, they can attempt to match it up with the cash envelope that the ticket came off of in the honor pay box. Its only two dollars, so I do not see why people have to cheat and not pay. One day they may not even have the trail for them to ride id riders do not want to help maintain it. LBE is a very nice trail though the flooding and sugar sand. Great trail to keep alive and healthy. 😉[/quote:36astn53]

I dont mind paying, its just the fact that no one from the county or state does any work out there so where does the money go? We should not have to pay to use state land that our taxes pay for anyhow. It does not cost the state to have trails there so the money is more of a "dont be a jackass and close our trail payment" than anything. If the money were to go to renting equipment or building features to prevent trail erosion and to maintain the health of the ecosystem than I would gladly pay more to use the trail but its not. That trail system could be really nice with some help from the state or Saint Johns River water management (who Stuarts that land) but then that would reduce the income profits of that property.

I gladly pay the fees at places where it supports a club or goes to trail upkeep but GatorB is right other than makin parking lots and a trailhead, sorry two, the county/state hasn’t put much effort into LBE. I grew up in Chuluota and the trail that runs along the river has been there FOREVER. we were thirteen travelin that same trail to a tree that has long since decayed away. The other trails are old cow trails or just trails that we (not just me and my buds but many riders) have blazed ourselves. We also (me and my buds) are more than happy to play trail guides to those who don’t know the trails. , it’s always awesome to ride with locals. Anyway my stepdaughter got nailed for not payin by the ranger station 😠 $2.00 to whoever is alot better than $65.00 to the county.
      Ride On
      P.S. thats $65/per person

I don’t know about this particular case but sometimes trail fees go toward insurance against rider lawsuits.

"trek7k" wrote

I don’t know about this particular case but sometimes trail fees go toward insurance against rider lawsuits.

Good point,don’t know if thats where it goes but county/state hasta CYA for lettin us loonies ride their land 😆

so how many of you slackers are still meeting me @ GFT tomorrow @ 9:30 ?

"sevendaysoff" wrote

so how many of you slackers are still meeting me @ GFT tomorrow @ 9:30 ?

The O.C.C. otter be there 😎 😉

"scotkrzy" wrote

[quote="sevendaysoff":1nryhjbj]so how many of you slackers are still meeting me @ GFT tomorrow @ 9:30 ?

The O.C.C. otter be there 😎 😉[/quote:1nryhjbj]
      Sorry brothers too much work too little time ruined my plans for the ride 😈 . Guess I can’t complain, it’s money 😄
      Ride On & rubber side down

no worries. we had a good time. did some riding & trail work. i wasnt really feeling it. started off ok but after about 5 miraculous saves I decided to take it easy for the rest of the day. my camera sucks but I got 3 good pics of joco and CP.

Nice you look like ya had a good time. I missed out 😢 I slayed ’em at work though 😉 29.2hrs saturday 😄 . definately next time!
      Ride On

nice pics cp. i got the michael jordan thing goin on with my tounge right there, lol. i can ride urban later on wednesday if ya wanna meet me in cocoa.

take it easy bro & good riding with you guys

"ChiliPepper" wrote

[quote="scotkrzy":kvazmv9j]Nice you look like ya had a good time. I missed out 😢 I slayed ’em at work though 😉 29.2hrs saturday 😄 . definately next time!
      Ride On

Yeah man, you did miss it….LOL! Brandon was all over the place on his landings that we named him "Tree Hugger". 😆 Next time bro![/quote:kvazmv9j]
      😆 too funny. Tree huggin and dirt worshippin can lead to painful experiences in this sport

Not sure where treehugger came from as I didnt hit any trees ? Came close a few times though. 😆 happy to say though I didnt eat it at all luckily ;)

well if coming close to them counts then i definitely qualify!

i figured that would happen! let me know when you wanna ride, i got the camera now and still havent seen ya hit any of those drops at the GFT!

Any plans for this weekend, I dont care if the world stops, I am not workin Saturday 😉

yessir im out this weekend CP speaks the truth. CP if you hold out on ft. pierce ill hit it with ya the following weekend. let me know how everybody’s rides go.

"ChiliPepper" wrote

[quote="scotkrzy":1c6ustcu]Any plans for this weekend, I dont care if the world stops, I am not workin Saturday 😉

All these local riders here on Singletracks.com and known of them ever chime in here, even from your area bro. Mmmmm?[/quote:1c6ustcu]
      I feel ya bro! This site is such an awesome tool to hook up with other riders, I’ve had invites from dudes in VA, and GA to meet up and swap "tourguidin’" but to find someone local’s few and far between. But yet LBE trailhead is loaded every weekend 😕 I tell everyone I meet on the trail and other places when I see someone with a rig on their car about the site trying to generate more locals. Need to start slappin stickers at trailheads 😆
      I’m glad I’ve met you and Brandon, only hooked up a couple a times but at least the effort is there
      Let me know watcha think ya wanna do
      Later bro Ride On

Yeah, I’m feelin lazy and relaxed today too, first saturday off in 3 weeks. Enjoy your day Bro. 😉
      Ride On

Holy crap Bro, wtf is wrong with people! 😠 good luck with that. Try findin somethin to enjoy this weekend bro
      On-on 😉

Ya know Bro, It’s not really a karma thing I believe in but more of a ‘do unto others’ and ‘love thy neighbors’ kinda deal and things happen for a reason, these or this person will get whats commin to them, as will you but not in the same way, your a good dude and it will come around. Keep your head up and a positive attitude and when the MF gets caught, hold ever charge on him you can. Peace Bro and have a better day tomorrow. I’ll be thinkin bout ya 😉 😃
      on-on

Good Monday all, sounds like I missed another good GFT day, Hope your not hurtin too bad Bro. Got a good XC ride on LBE sunday. I’m outta shape. 10 miles kick my butt. Later afternoon trail packin(rain) has the LBE SWWWEEEEETTT right now, fast and fun! sugar sand + rain=hardpack trails. Get out there and tear ’em up. River side trail is perfect. Met a girl from your area lookin for peeps to ride with, told her bout the site and you guys out there, hope ya check in Jennifer. Well gotta pretend like I’m workin for an hour or two 😛 . Good luck with the police CP
      Ride on

What’s up guys? Just wanted to fill you in on a new trail up in the Palm Coast area, not too far from Graham Swamp. It’s called Mala Compra, I just posted it Saturday, http://www.singletracks.com/bike-trails/malacompra.html. There’s some really nice sections and definitely worth checking out. If you guys want to make a trip this way, let me know and I’ll try to meet up.

BTW Chili, the Swamp has been riding real nice. I know last time you were out, it was dry and crazy sugar sand. Our regular showers finally came around and as of last week the sand was virtually gone.

Good lookin trail Joe. Need to head your way and play 😉 thanks

"scotkrzy" wrote

Good lookin trail Joe. Need to head your way and play 😉 thanks

Ready when you are my man!

"joetutt" wrote

[quote="scotkrzy":514qo305]Good lookin trail Joe. Need to head your way and play 😉 thanks

Ready when you are my man![/quote:514qo305]

There is a group ride at Mala Compra every Sunday morning at 9:00am with the local club that built the trail. Everyone is welcomed.

Excellent, ridin with locals who know the flow is the best way to learn new trails. You ride with them rpritt?
      Hey Chilli you see any open Sunday a.m.’s in the near furture? It’d be cool to do a meet ‘n’ mosh over there.
      Ride On

All this rain Graham and Spruce Creek should be great this weekend. Im going to grind out 3 laps at Spruce Creek Sunday morning if anyone is interested. The weather should be great and the trail will be fast and tight.

"scotkrzy" wrote

Excellent, ridin with locals who know the flow is the best way to learn new trails. You ride with them rpritt?
      Hey Chilli you see any open Sunday a.m.’s in the near furture? It’d be cool to do a meet ‘n’ mosh over there.
      Ride On

Yeah, I rode with them for the first time this past Sunday. There was about 15 people. It definetly helped with learning the trail going with the folks that built it and ride it all the time.

HERE!

My name is Cory, I live in Holly Hill and currently ride a wal-mart mongoose.

‘sup Trailheads 😎 , Well we drove out to Flagler sunday A.M. got there bout 10:00, found the Mala Compra and tore it up. Like joetutt says there’s some fun stuff out there. A good combo of LBE, Loyce(Carter Park), and red trail Santos !!! Oh yeah I think Mala Compra translates to ‘many palmetto roots" 😆 😆 . I thought LBE had some. wow I lost count about 99. Fortunately there only in one section. I reviewed the trail on it’s page so I won’t repeat myself. One very interesting side note, we went past the parking lot and turned around up the street and found THEE coolest art museum, don’t ask me to pronouce the artist’s name, I already misspoke it I’m sure, Paul Baliker, about 1/4 mile past parking lot for Mala Compra on the left, was free and open on weekends amazing and well worth a stop. Definately amust ride, the trail is young and will only get better. Nice work guys. Well I have babbled enough!
      Ride On brothers SSSSEEEEE YYYYAAAAA!

"scotkrzy" wrote

Oh yeah I think Mala Compra translates to ‘many palmetto roots" !

😆 😆 Hilarious! Yeah the end is like "ENOUGH ALREADY" with these roots!!! Glad you had fun though. The ridge is a really fun section, yes, a lot like some of the Santos reds. Wish there was more of that out there. Right now were putting together a SORBA club to maintain that trail and build others in Palm Coast and Ormond. Working on the front and back of Mala Compra is a priority and will be addresses once the dust settles. If anyone’s interested in joining the club, call Patrick at (386) 931-4388. It’s $30.00. Once we get 50 members, we’ll be sanctioned with SORBA. Plans are already set to do something further with Bulow in Ormond and Princess Place in Palm Coast.

Anyway, if you’re up this way again, lemme know!

"joetutt" wrote

[quote="scotkrzy":3fjmpi6m]Oh yeah I think Mala Compra translates to ‘many palmetto roots" !

The ridge is a really fun section, yes, a lot like some of the Santos reds. Wish there was more of that out there.

Anyway, if you’re up this way again, lemme know![/quote:3fjmpi6m]
      Dude, if you like the ridge there you have got to go to Loyce Carter Park in Lakeland!!! The fingers are so cool, youtube and search moutain bike florida, theres a video in there called 2nd&3rd fingers made in ’09 shows a pretty good view of the ride there. I’m dyin to go back out there. I would have gave you a shout and hooked up but ’twas a last minute deal, we went to see a band saturday nite, got home very early… in the morn, my partner was beatin on the a couple (like two) hours later sayin’ "Lets go ride sumthin". I chose Mala so I could sober some on the ride 😏 😆
      I gots no plans for this commin weekend, if ya get a idea shout it out!
      Ride On Bro
      SSSEEE YYYAAA!!

"ChiliPepper" wrote

Hey guys, sounds like ya had some fun up there. I guess I am going to have to make a trip up there soon, especially now since it has cooled down a bit more. Just gotta wait for the leg to heal a bit more first before anything technical. BTW, all you guys need to do is just make your forks a bit more plush and learn how to load and unload your suspension (FS bikes that is) so you won’t feel the roots as much. Makes the ride so much better. Learned to do that when I was DH racing in the SE. 😆

what’s up bro ? Hows the limb healin’? We did enjoy Mala, Its like a rolled up ball of LBE,Carter And some Santos, check out the review on the Mala page, you’d enjoy the place.
      My Big Hit has a blown fork and I’ve been lazy bout it so I’m ridin the XC bike, love the acceleration, hate the bumps 😮 😆
      Get bettered up Bro but get all the way bettered up know what i mean the trails will still be there
      On&On Bro

cool bro I’m in for some low impact stuff, time in the saddle is…well time in the saddle. Don’t forget I got a place to kick back and burn a steak over here, get Joco on a pit bike for a couple laps 😃 , Mi casa… ya know

Calling in from Oviedo. I ride my ’72 Schwinn Varsity almost everyday to UCF and back, and love to get off-road as often as possible. Mostly I ride the Sandhill Trails in the Econ State Forest on my Trek 3900 since they’re pretty close to my house. I’m always looking for new places to ride, but good spots are hard to come by within a reasonable drive from home. Most of my friends are roadies, but a few hit the trails sometime, but I’d love to ride with some experienced guys to help kick my riding up a notch.

"UCFbiker" wrote

Calling in from Oviedo. I ride my ’72 Schwinn Varsity almost everyday to UCF and back, and love to get off-road as often as possible. Mostly I ride the Sandhill Trails in the Econ State Forest on my Trek 3900 since they’re pretty close to my house. I’m always looking for new places to ride, but good spots are hard to come by within a reasonable drive from home. Most of my friends are roadies, but a few hit the trails sometime, but I’d love to ride with some experienced guys to help kick my riding up a notch.

Whats up HomeBro 😀 ,I’m in Chuluota and we rip it up every weekend!! LBE(Snowhill rd)is home base, lotsa good trails out there to build experience on! Like ChilliPepper said Soldiers Creek (near Winter Springs) is good too. Thats our local stuff, but me & my buds (usually 1or2 others)load up and roll out alot, there’s tons of trails within an hour or two from us. We roll in a big ole F350 so theres usually an extra spot if youre interested.
      Check out the trail review section to see whats around. Shoot me a PM if ya wanna hook up
      Ride On

Snow hill (LBE) sunday at 9:30 if anyone is interested. We have two maybe 3 going right now.

hey scott,
      give me some details on that new trail. sounds like you guys had fun. any technical features or all just singletrack?

just watched video of graham swamp. NICE! That will be the first spot I hit with the new bike!

"sevendaysoff" wrote

hey scott,
      give me some details on that new trail. sounds like you guys had fun. any technical features or all just singletrack?

Whatsup B-don, the place is pretty fun like Joetutt said the ride in is singletrack when you get to to ridgeline it changes up, no huck drops or jumps really but a good section of brutally steep climbs and fun decents, a bridge or two. The ride out from there is obnoxiously littered with palmetto roots but that wouldn’t keep me from going again. We didn’t ride Graham, I would go there first cause by the time we got out of the palmetto roots we were done. Needed a kidney belt 😢 , and it has been very dry . I was in no mood to deal with sugar sand 😆, We grabbed some victory beer and headed to the beach. Anyway it was good, probly closer for you guys than us so go check it out.
      Not sure where we’re goin this weekend, the weather supposeto be awesome, I’m dyin to go to Carter Park so maybe there. Might hook up with Gater8 sunday at LBE if we dont go out of town.
      Anyway
      Ride On brothers

CP,
      I’m down for an urban session in cocoa. let’s do it. im out for tomorrow night and tonight though. what you doing tomorrow during the AM?

Definately take it easy and heal bro. I wanna get the fork on the Big Hit fixed for Carter anyway. The XCs are light and fast but I’m much more comfortable on the sketchy stuff 😮 on my Big Hit

CP, how’s sometime between 9 – 10 sound? You let me know you’ve got to drive farther. The earlier the better for me.

usual spot, 9 or 9:30 ? let me know n ill see ya tomorrow bro!

if any other locals wnt to join us feel free. cocoa village back parking lot at whatever time CP decides 😀

"ChiliPepper" wrote

[quote="scotkrzy":2jrita92]Definately take it easy and heal bro. I wanna get the fork on the Big Hit fixed for Carter anyway. The XCs are light and fast but I’m much more comfortable on the sketchy stuff 😮 on my Big Hit

Damn bro, what size headtube do you have on your Big Hit? Is it a 1-1/8 or a 1.5?[/quote:2jrita92]
      1-1/8

All good bro, Hey I appreciate that. I resealed the fork cause the right side was leaking and it was good then the seal popped out of the left side 😠! I got real busy at work and just picked up the XC and rode it. I just hafta get the seal back in place and fiqure out how much oil I lost. I’ll probably jump on that this weekend and put Carter off a bit.

the fork in the waka is a 1.5 steerer tube, so no reducer i dont think. you need a reducer when the headtube is tapered right?

Kinda wanted to ride out to Balm Boyette today but got workin on a front derailuer on my buds bike and well ’round 12:00 we decided to stay local, we went to Soldiers Creek and ripped it up, SC just ROCKS nothin too crazy but Wide Open Throttle, average speed 13 MPH, fun!!! E-center side is dry and kickin, woopwoop 😀

Santos, Saturday morning.

Breaker, breaker moonraker scratch my last over. We are going to do snow hill again.

sat the 23rd i’m hitting graham swamp. plan to be there by 9:30 or so. anybody want to join?

"sevendaysoff" wrote

sat the 23rd i’m hitting graham swamp. plan to be there by 9:30 or so. anybody want to join?

I’ll most likely be there! Let me warn you though, it’s been a bit dry the last couple weeks or so which I don’t mind, but some seem to hate! I’ll keep you posted on conditions, I’ll be out there a few times before the 23rd.

keep me posted joe. it’d be nice to ride with someone who knows their way around.

"sevendaysoff" wrote

keep me posted joe. it’d be nice to ride with someone who knows their way around.

You got it!

Well, after riding the Swamp yesterday, I would recommend having a plan B. It’s REALLY dry. Lots and lots of sugar sand right now. I was checking out the 10 day forecast and the chances for rain are slim. Like I said earlier, I don’t mind the sand and if you’re still wanting to come this way I’m in. Just be prepared for a Swamp whoopin!

damn that sucks joe. If you guys are down for a drive meet us up this way and let’s all hit the GFT. Scott, what you doing this weekend? I know CP is always down.

Very Morning guys 😀 Dont know what the weekend holds yet, our DH bikes are in need of some TLC though, my forks, Dereks brakes, we’ll see what unfolds through the week. We rode The Rock in G-ville saturday, Bad A**!!! trail. Check out my last post in that thread. Fun stuff! 😎 wish it were closer 😢
      Ride On

@chili: Yeah, it gets sandy and an a** whoopin is what you get when it is. The good thing right now is that it’s not terribly hot. The combination of that boiling heat and the sugar sand is what really kills. Good conditioning though! In a month or so it will clean up and we’ll have our perfect little winter singletrack.

@sevendaysoff
      : Yeah it sucks, I was looking forward to riding the Swamp with you guys. It’s always nice bringing some new blood out there. I don’t think I’ll be able to travel this weekend. If I can I will, just post where you’re headed for sure. I’m not positive yet, but I may kick off work a bit early Friday and hit Santos for a few hours. We’ll see.

Wow those stairs look fun! I went to a Predators game a couple months ago, walked up those srairs (well okay staggered 😳) and didn’t even think about what a sweet ride that would be.
      Watchu guys gettin into this weekend?
      We’re ridin sumthin but haven’t decidied where yet. We wanna do another Balm/Alafia/Cater weekend while the weather is sssooo nice. We wimped on Carter last time and that place has been calling, no screaming to me lately.
      I know the Boy wants to go to Santos to break in that new dirt jumper nice and proper too. So many choices. GFT, Mala Compra, ( 😕 heavy sigh) such hard decisions 😏 😆 !
      Holla back
      Ride On

im out. long story short my bike is ready to go and I have no rear cable and no where around here stocks hayes cables. Im thinking of calling around Orlando to see if anywhere has one. I need a rear cable from HFX-9 caliper. the caliper end comes pre-crimped from hayes so you can only cut the lever ends. My old cable was too short and they dont sell the piece for the caliper end for hfx-9, have to buy a new cable.

got any ideas where around orlando might have one? I order one from jensonusa but it wont be here anytime soon.

"sevendaysoff" wrote

im out. long story short my bike is ready to go and I have no rear cable and no where around here stocks hayes cables. Im thinking of calling around Orlando to see if anywhere has one. I need a rear cable from HFX-9 caliper. the caliper end comes pre-crimped from hayes so you can only cut the lever ends. My old cable was too short and they dont sell the piece for the caliper end for hfx-9, have to buy a new cable.

got any ideas where around orlando might have one? I order one from jensonusa but it wont be here anytime soon.

Hey B-don those Hayes are hydrolic right, so you need a brake hose?

yes, but for the HFX-9, the caliper end is precrimped. so I cant use just any hose as the caliper end is not salvagable. I have the compression olives for the top end, but I need a rear hayes cable with the caliper connection still in tact. I have everything I need for the lever/master cyclinder end.

sucks!

"sevendaysoff" wrote

yes, but for the HFX-9, the caliper end is precrimped. so I cant use just any hose as the caliper end is not salvagable. I have the compression olives for the top end, but I need a rear hayes cable with the caliper connection still in tact. I have everything I need for the lever/master cyclinder end.

sucks!

Cool just checkin before I called around here

thanks bro i appriceate that! If I can find somewhere that has it i’ll go pick it up for sure.

hey CP! thanks for the heads up man. good news though, sctkrzy really came through by calling all the bike shops in orlando until he found me the cable. He found me what was probably the last in stock hayes hfx-9 cable in central FL @ Kyle’s bike shop. only 45 mins from the house too! getting it hooked up now then going to bleed the brakes and finish with my derailleur. probably wont make it anywhere until late today. let me know what everybody’s planning on doing.

thanks again to scott! we onyl rode together once and he went out of his way to call up everywhere he knew to find me the cable. awesome little community we got here for not having any mountains! everybody i’ve met has been extremely helpful for the most part.

😳 Ya’ll are f-ing nuts 😆 .I’m really stoked about Singletracks! Everyone I’ve met or just chatted with has turned out cool as hell and I’ve no problem lendin a hand if possible. Ya’ll’d do it for me! I’m just glad it worked out like it did for ya B-don. I gotta do some automotive work today so we’re not gonna get far today 😢 but there is always tomorrow!!!
      Ride On

Hey Chill hows the GFT? We’re tryin to figure out what to do tomorrow. Don’t know if we wanna go east or west. Big Hit is still down, got a new set o’ skins but still waitin on the fork seals but I’m gettin pretty comfy on the XC so ’bout anywhere is open,
      B-don you brakin yet?

Headin ya’lls way in the A.M. Not sure what time but it’ll be early

Wow great to see there’s alot of fl riders! Well just checking in. My names Joe and I’m from Orlando. I’m new to the sport but already hooked. A big thanks to chilliPeper for welcoming me. Hope everyone can help me out so I can break into mtb’ing! Thanks guys!-Joe (Pics coming soon)

Yeh Bro! I can honestly say we had a blast too! I’m a little disappointed in me for not droppin anything but when I get Big Blue up and runnin I’ll have no excuse huh!
      Shayne definately took the Fearless and Mad Skills award yesterday, you should see that kid on a motorcycle 😮!! He was brought up on that stuff, Derek taught him and his brother early on. Dylan (Shaynes bro) is the skater, they had a huge half pipe in the backyard and they were droppin in when they were young.
      Keep me posted on SC, like to rip that up with ya!
      Ride On bro

"ridehard" wrote

Wow great to see there’s alot of fl riders! Well just checking in. My names Joe and I’m from Orlando. I’m new to the sport but already hooked. A big thanks to chilliPeper for welcoming me. Hope everyone can help me out so I can break into mtb’ing! Thanks guys!-Joe (Pics coming soon)

What’s happenin neighbor? Hey man we need to hook up sometime. I live in Chuluota and ride somethin somewhere every weekend. The skills will come as the addiction grows 😆 I’m still learnin and I still fall down. (got the scars to prove it). Chilli’s a good dude. We hook up every once in awhile. We’re gonna ride a place in Winter Springs in a couple weeks so you should come and ride. Soldiers Creek is a good place to work on those skills, mainly SPEED. Anyway don’t be a stranger Joe. We’ll holla
      Ride On

Awesome awesome awsome , Damn good pics Bro!!! I’ll let Shayne know they’re up. He’s been so stoked since Sunday. I think I’ve heard I wanna go to Santos at least twice a day in the past 2 weeks. I’m gonna get him set up with a profile on here, I’ll let you know who he is when he gets hooked up.
      Thanks again Bro had a lotta fun.
      Oh yeah the seals for my fork came in Woohoo.
      Gonna hit SC after work tonight for a couple laps.
      Ride On

Shayne has rode with us a few times, he’s more into freestyle and jumpin than the trails. He even said when we go to Santos he’s not leavin the jump park. He’s always rode BMX bikes though so yeah this is first 26"er. Derek could see his skills and about 2 years ago sponsored him on the motocross races, he went to a ridin’ school run by a pro here in Orlando called Ace and his skills on everything he rides have improved greatly and he’s pretty fearless, as you saw.
      Take it easy and get those lungs healthy Bro, I’d like to see you smoke us at SC 😉
      ‘Till then Brother…
      Ride On

Hey whats this wet stuff fallin from the sky?!?
      Trailpackin’!!!! 😉

"ChiliPepper" wrote

[quote="scotkrzy":1qgoul80]Hey whats this wet stuff fallin from the sky?!?
      Trailpackin’!!!! 😉

What wet stuff falling from the sky?? Have not seen any of that stuff in awhile…..😆:lol:

Hey bro, may be heading over to Alafia to hook with that new Singletracks member ‘ridehard’ this Saturday, but i will know for sure by Thursday night. If I do not go to Alafia, I will be up at SC either Saturday or Sunday. I have not been to Alafia in a year, so I am looking forward to it if it happens. I luv ripping up North Creek, Bridges, Rabbit Ears and Rollercoaster! Never been on Moonscape, and been on Gatorback once. Gator is tough bro! TTYL!

On-On[/quote:1qgoul80]
      Very cool Bro, let me know what you decide, I’m up for Alafia, sure I can talk Derek into it, of course there’s always Balm Boyette 6mi. from there.
      We road Moonscape once, its’ a black diamond cause it goes up, and up, and up, and then you climb ,and climb, and climb. Tough on a XC bike, hated on a FR/BH bike 😠. I can’t ever remember the trail names out there.
      Either way bro…
      Ride-On

Bro those DJ’s look alot smoother, good job! So Joco nailed the step up eh! thats cool. Man we got a soaker rain yesterday, it musta rained from noon til 6:30. We rode SC after work and it was a blast, mudboggin! 😃. You know I’ve rode that trail for awhile and never took that little half mile off shoot on the back side, always looked at it and stay right along the creek and up to 419 and the parking lot. Well we finally turned left last night and found some cool stuff in that little loop. I don’t know who made that stuff but they are talented in the carpentry dept. Very cool! Well babbled enough for now, See ya
      Ride on

Hey Chiil, you get wet yet? 😆 Alafia still in your plans for Saturday?

Shayne hittin the new backyard treedrop

What up bro, the lead in’s about 20′, they built up the landing with wood (probably so my scrared **s would try it 😆 ) so that can be taken off and "raise" the drop a few more feet.
      SC should be really good tomorrow, it was fun when we mudbogged it. Is Michelle commin with ya? I wanna get my girl out there but she doesn’t want to ‘slow me down’ 😆
      cool Bro TTYL
      Ride On

Sry forgot to add that tidbit of info. For now there is a ladder for us and a hoist for the bikes. The lead in is ’bout 20′ long but its made of pallets so its not narrow, you can get up there and stand comfortably, and we have carpet on it. There is a ride up in the plans but we havent got that far yet. 😉 Started with the drop and workin backwards 😆
      Yep I know Derek is ridin tomorrow, never know with Shayne. Muffy will come and pedal around with Michelle. What time you lookin to head over, don’t forget about daylight savings BS 😠, that kills all after work ridin 😈 .
      The invite to the Double OO ranch is always open Bro, we wouldn’t mind doin DTO with you either. Haven’t done it yet so it’ll be good to go with someone who knows the spots.
      Anyway give me a call and we’ll plan up tomorrow.
      Ride On

All good Bro, we’re not later risers here so don’t worry bout wakin us. It’ll take us bout half hour to 45 min to load up and get over there so call when you hit the road.
      My girls actual name is Leslie but she’s been Muffy since she was 6mo. old, after lil miss muffet, her dad gave it to her and it stuck so…
      Anyway we’re up for whatever happens, until tomorrow Bro…
      Ride On

JSF

Hey guys, I had a blast meeting up and riding with all of you and your families today at SC! You’re all class-acts and great riders. I gotta say, today was the most fun I’ve had mountain biking since I started riding about a year ago. Thanks for letting me tag along and learn from you all. Hope we can do it again!

Here are a few pictures from today…

Wow & ow! yesterday was kick**s We really enjoyed the whole day. SC is fast and fun, can’t get enough of that SPEED 😆 but I shoulda stopped before that last ‘just one more time’, I’m breathin like Chilli this mornin! 😮. Muffy said she had a blast and thanks to Michelle for comin and ridin with her, I think Muffy got a good taste of the MTB fever yesterday.
      Awesome pics JSF! thats a good camera and a bad **s set up for ridin pics, glad you came and enjoyed the day too. I”ll PM you my # and we will hook up again!
      Thanks for comin out to the Double 00 ranch Chilli that was a good end to a fun day, you guys are welcome anytime your in town!
      Anyway watch out for low flying Tijuana umbrellas and keep it rubber side down 😆 😉
      Ride On
      Never A Dull Moment

Hey, I just came to Florida to visit some family for a few weeks. I’m in Sebastian Florida. I brought my bike down from Long Island so I could ride some trails while I’m here. Last night someone stole my bike out of truck. It is a 2007 Jamis Dakar XC black and blue. It was pretty much all stock parts except I changed the seat to a Bontrager XC type saddle. Also the back tire was a Panaracer tire with blue sidewalls. If anyone in the Space Coast are sees this bike around the trails or for sale can you please let me know. [email protected]

"jbren505" wrote

Hey, I just came to Florida to visit some family for a few weeks. I’m in Sebastian Florida. I brought my bike down from Long Island so I could ride some trails while I’m here. Last night someone stole my bike out of truck. It is a 2007 Jamis Dakar XC black and blue. It was pretty much all stock parts except I changed the seat to a Bontrager XC type saddle. Also the back tire was a Panaracer tire with blue sidewalls. If anyone in the Space Coast are sees this bike around the trails or for sale can you please let me know. [email protected]

Dude, that just flat out sucks, I’m in Orlando area but those blue side walls should stick out 😮 there’s alot of MTB’rs over there, that check in on this site so you got the word out to the right community! they’ll keep their eyes peeled.Welcome to Fl. I was hopin when I started readin you were just lookin for someone to ride with.
      Good luck Bro!

lots of rain this week. anybody up for graham swamp this saturday?

jbren.. goto http://www.2ndlight.com and create an account and post in the for sale section. This is the CFL surfing community website and most everyone on there is in brevard/indian river county and are sebastian inlet locals. we’ve had massive problems with theft from sat. beach down to sebastian inlet the past couple years.

"sevendaysoff" wrote

lots of rain this week. anybody up for graham swamp this saturday?

Rode the Swamp yesterday and it’s ridin’ sweeeeeeet! Last weeks rain really hooked us up plus the weather kicked ass. It was perfect! It’s supposed to be mid to high 70’s all week so conditions should remain the same through the weekend. Unfortunately I’m working this Saturday till noon. If you guys either go in the afternoon or on Sunday, I’m in.

joe if no one wants to ride i may wait until sunday AM for you as I’ve never been before and would much rather ride fast and follow than lead myself around somewhere I’ve never ridden 😀

Thanks for the help. I don’t have any pictures of my bike but I did write down the serial number when I bought it. I filed a police report and gave the police the serial number. I’m really bummed about my bike being stolen. Hopefully, it will turn up somewhere. I’ll keep looking for it.

jbren, hope you find your bike but you’d be nuts not to take my advice and post on the 2ndlight forum. we have found many stolen bikes & surfboards collectively on that site and the area your bike was stolen from is the central area of locals on that site.

i’ve given you the #1 tool to find your bike and I dont see any posts over there. If you really want your bike back you’d be smart to take my advice and post your issue in the FOR SALE section of 2ndlight.com, put in the front of the header: Stolen: .

i wont mention it again but if you’re serious about getting your bike back this is the 1st step, even more helpful than filing a police report. not sure if the cops told you but theft is INSANELY out of hand in that area.

edit: also make sure to post it in the "NSR" section as well, Non surfing related. "Stolen: Jamis Mountabike [insert area] [insert approx time]"

Yeah, glad you guys didn’t get hurt either, freak act of nature! Those ‘managers’ were at a loss for what to do, what to say 😕 .
      I’m always up for campin Bro, it’s a lil chilli for me right now but still doable . You gotta clear those lungs first! Can’t be sleepin out doors with pneumonia. Anyway had a blast Sunday
      Ride On

Happy birthday ChiliPepper. Semper Fi.

JSF

Happy Birthday, Chili! 😃

JSF
      "ChiliPepper" wrote

Thanks guys, but my B-Day is not until March. Though I know i am getting older, but don’t want to jump the gun yet….😆:lol::lol:

I just figured Gator knew something I didn’t. 😆

JSF
      "ChiliPepper" wrote

:lol::lol::lol:….No worries bro! After I posted, I then realized he is talking about the 235th USMC B-Day today. Thus the reason….."Semper Fi"

…oh, of course. 😳

Happy Veterans Day (a day early)! 😃

"ChiliPepper" wrote

[quote="scotkrzy":2vhvl39s]Yeah, glad you guys didn’t get hurt either, freak act of nature! Those ‘managers’ were at a loss for what to do, what to say 😕 .
      I’m always up for campin Bro, it’s a lil chilli for me right now but still doable . You gotta clear those lungs first! Can’t be sleepin out doors with pneumonia. Anyway had a blast Sunday
      Ride On

Hey bud, get some rest and let those ribs heal up so we may ride again! I hope they are feeling better and heal up quickly my friend. On-On…… 😄[/quote:2vhvl39s]
      Thanks Bro, fortunately the ribs are just bruised. Hows the lungs?
      Thanks loads for the tube, gonna try to get the tank rollin’ by this weekend, Derek’s got work over near Brandon so I think we’re gonna load up and do a overnighter, Balm, Alafia and or Carter park! 😃
      Happy Vets day to all military out there! I never served but I appreciate all your dedication and sacrifice!
      Ride On

Hey bro check out the Big Hit back on the trails, We went to Carter park after Derek got his tile work done. got a late start so the other trails were eleminated by time, plus we decided not to overnight it. Carter is the technical sketchasarus trail, woopwoop. I left a little ‘red’ on the Big Red trail, we wound up ridin it backwards which puts you goin down all the sketchy narrow climbs 😮 Whole different world WOW!. The place is in top shape and really fun. We got in 12 miles today and only two skinned elbows and a twice skinned knee (all on me) so it was a good day.Finally got back to Carter and it was well worth the wait!
      Muffy sends the Hey You back at Michelle and hopes to hook up on another ride soon. Glad you had a good sessh at the GFT and your lungs are gettin better. Enjoy life and all you have around you bro and always ready too ride with you guys. As Always…

…Ride On

JSF
      "ChiliPepper" wrote

JSF, you gotta make it down here bro to ride the GFT. 😉

Sounds awesome, Chili!

I rode SC on Saturday. My lungs are feeling great again, and my cardio is back where it should be. The sesh started off a little rough, but by the end I was riding pretty good.

That long log on the backside tech offshoot is still too intimidating for me to ride. Who was is that rode that last weekend? Dylan, right? Awesome… he’s fearless.

Today I put in 14 miles in the sugar sand, roots and stumps at Wekiwa. Nothing very exciting out there, but a great cardio workout (and it confirmed my lungs are 100% again). Last weekend my lungs felt 50% at best. 😢

How are your lungs doing now? Sounds like they are improving, too…

its been a while! school has been killing me, and my sons bday was last week. whats everybody doing this weekend?

yeah i read on facebook. im keeping my eye out for it for sure. keep me posted on when you ride! Might msg joe tutt see if he wants to do graham swamp.

Whats up Trailheads? 😆 It’s been quiet lately. We haven’t been doin’ much in C-town either. Goin to Daytona with my dad to the carshow saturday but not sure whats up sunday. I think a ride is in order 😉. I’ll post if we decide on a place, sometimes we don’t know where we’re gonna go til the trunk is loaded. Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving and has a few extra calories to burn off 😆 Oh yeah…
      …Ride On

"sevendaysoff" wrote

yeah i read on facebook. im keeping my eye out for it for sure. keep me posted on when you ride! Might msg joe tutt see if he wants to do graham swamp.

I’m definitely hitting the Swamp tomorrow! I’ve been fightin’ this cough for a while and haven’t rode in 2-3 weeks so I’m jonesing for a good ride. Since I haven’t been in a bit I don’t know the conditions, but we did get some rain last week and it hasn’t been too hot…should be good. What time were you thinking of heading over?

Wat’s up my brother trailheads? I hope all of you got to get out and twist some cranks this weekend! The weather was amazing and the trails were rippin’. We stayed close and rode ’bout 15 miles at the LBE, good times. I took out the blue monster for a good workout, Thought the first mile was gonna kill me (been ridin the XC rig too long) but then the second wind hit and I got the beast up on the plain and Rode On… On-On 😆. I guess its about time to go back to the GFT and get them drops done now. No excuses! How’s life on the Eastsiiieede Chill? 😆 . Hey Bro you still plannin a Santos run this month?
      Any way LBE was great, we ran into some guys new to the sport and showed them some good trail ridin’ quite sure they had a blast. . Dat’s about it for now, as always…
      Ride On
      Whoa check it out 100 posts, woop woop 😉

Sorry Bro but I’m the biggest cold day wimp! 😆 . I really don’t mind the cold when riding, it’s the campin or in between ride parts I don’t like. Derek is doin some more work in Valrico (sauve’) this week so I’ll probably roll out saturday and ride over there, It’s only 5 miles from Balm & Alafia, 20 miles from Carter. Gee decisions decisions 😏 .The weather this weekend is supposed to be awesome once the cold blows its self out. Glad your gettin some ridin in, hows the lungs & limbs? My ribs are still tender but no where near as bad a they were. Well I gotta get to work Bro, Keep me posted on where you decide to go later this month or if you wanna meet up and ride out west this weekend and
      Ride On

"scotkrzy" wrote

I’ll probably roll out saturday and ride over there, It’s only 5 miles from Balm & Alafia, 20 miles from Carter. Gee decisions decisions 😏

Looks like we’re goin’ west Sunday instead, suppost to rain sumtime 😠 so we’re leavin’ early. um…
      Ride On!

hittin GFT early thursday (tomorrow) if anybody’s interested!

"sevendaysoff" wrote

hittin GFT early thursday (tomorrow) if anybody’s interested!

😠 workin’ 😠 . looks like the east side got the record cold this mornin. 32 was nasty in C-town, you guys were in the teens!!!

yeah its cold as balls! getting sick of this weather. what you guys doin this weekend* scott? wanna hit up graham swamp? Maybe joe tutt is free to hit is with us.

"sevendaysoff" wrote

yeah its cold as balls! getting sick of this weather. what you guys doin this weekend* scott? wanna hit up graham swamp? Maybe joe tutt is free to hit is with us.

Sounds very possible, we were thinkin about Santos, my son got a new dirt jumper for his birthday in September and has been very patiently waitin to hit the jump track there but it’s suppose to rain late Saturday and early Sunday and I think Santos will be a mud bog.
      I want to ride Graham. I’ll kick it around with Derek and let you know. Stay warm brother and…
      Ride On

If you guys head up, let me know when, I should be able to make. Went for a night ride last night and Tuesday night, Swamp’s ridin’ pretty nice.

"joetutt" wrote

If you guys head up, let me know when, I should be able to make. Went for a night ride last night and Tuesday night, Swamp’s ridin’ pretty nice.

Still in the thought process, the way the weathers lookin, Saturday mornin looks like the time. Got family Christmas stuff on Sunday afternoon I’ll keep ya posted. I figured Graham was in good shape and I’ve been wantin to ride it ’till then…
      Ride On

Here’s a few pics from the Swamp…

Sweet pics Joe looks fun! still not sure bout the weekend, spose to rain from 11:00 am on, got family stuff sunday afternoon, I’ll keep ya posted, slavin’ on cars right now tryin to wrap up the week. You know what to do…
      Ride On

"scotkrzy" wrote

Sweet pics Joe looks fun! still not sure bout the weekend, spose to rain from 11:00 am on, got family stuff sunday afternoon, I’ll keep ya posted, slavin’ on cars right now tryin to wrap up the week. You know what to do…
      Ride On

Alright guys looks like we’re gonna try for sunday mornin’ if the weather is nice to us. got plans for around 2:30-3:00pm so we’re gonna hit the road early and head your way. That work with you guys? I have your phone number Brandon so I’ll call you when we get close over there.’til then…
      Ride On

"scotkrzy" wrote

[quote="scotkrzy":hkwlfewp]Sweet pics Joe looks fun! still not sure bout the weekend, spose to rain from 11:00 am on, got family stuff sunday afternoon, I’ll keep ya posted, slavin’ on cars right now tryin to wrap up the week. You know what to do…
      Ride On

Alright guys looks like we’re gonna try for sunday mornin’ if the weather is nice to us. got plans for around 2:30-3:00pm so we’re gonna hit the road early and head your way. That work with you guys? I have your phone number Brandon so I’ll call you when we get close over there.’til then…
      Ride On[/quote:hkwlfewp]

Cool with me! What time ya think you’ll be at the Swamp?

alright glad we got this together finally. im good with 8 – 9. let me know what works best for you guys. chilipepper you wanna meet us up that way? SUNDAY it is.

oh and joe please msg me some good directions from 95 northbound if you dont mind.

"sevendaysoff" wrote

alright glad we got this together finally. im good with 8 – 9. let me know what works best for you guys. chilipepper you wanna meet us up that way? SUNDAY it is.

sweeeeet, The OCC will be there, rain or shine we ain’t scared 😆 8-9 see ya then
      Ride On

"sevendaysoff" wrote

yeahyo Chilli whats been happenin? You should come (if ya can) and hit up ‘Da Swamp’ when it aint hot and sandy 😆
      Ride On

im stoked ive been wanting to ride this spot for a while. cant wait to get up. im STILL having brake issues but F it. see yal sunday AM bright n early! i’ll bring a camera too.

8-9 works for me! Getting there is easy. Heading 95 North, get off at Route 100 (exit 284 I believe), Turn right (East) off exit for about a mile, turn left at Colbet Lane (I think 2nd light), TH is about 2 miles on left, look for gray sign, can’t miss it.

Hey man, brake issues means one thing…your ridin’ faster!! 😮

Looking forward to it guys, see ya then!

haha in this case the exact opposite! it took me about 10 tries until i finally got my back brke bled correctly. by that time i had brake fluid everywhere(including pads). ordered some new pads and they’re way too thick. ive been riding on them anyways the past week but it definitely feels way slower. going to try and sand them down tomorrow.

and on the bleeding issue: i tried it seriously over 5 times with that stupid little bottle that hayes supplied and couldnt get it to bleed stiff once. watched a youtube vid where a dude was using a huge syringe and tried that and worked like a charm 1st time. just a little tip for self-bleeders!

hey just wondering whats the biggest drop out there?

sorry you wont be able to make it CP! Im stoked on sunday. just realized though that my JAGS play @ 1:00 so I will definitely be there by 8 as I have to leave by 11:30 to make it home in time for the game. cant wait see yal tomorrow!

Well brothers Derek totalled his truck last night, he’s ok but out for tomorrow, I’m gonna load up tonight and plan to hit the road bout 6:30 should out there li’l after 8:00.

damn scott hope derek is alright. im packing up and heading out now see yal about 8.

We tore up ‘Da Swamp’this mornin fer sure. It was cold, drissly, and gnarley weather, perfect for the ride! Chilli I can see why you were haitin it out there in midsummer! Met up with SevenDays & Joetutt, and had a blast, I can’t say enough about the community we have hear on ST cause when you go to a trail you don’t know you can spend alot of time and energy ridin’ in circles and miss the fun stuff. Thanks for the tour guide Joe! and for waitin at the top of those climbs for us 😆. Definately fun trails you guys have out there, Good Job on them. I’m bringin the Big Hit next time so I won’t be as sketchy on the drops 😳. Good to see ya again B-don! Anytime you guys wanna meet up for a ride, we are definately in! Derek said thanks for the shout outs, He’s sore and stiched but glad to still be with us. Anyway gotta get ready for some chowin’ down at families Christmas dinner. Til then…
      Ride On

yeah had a blast. good seeing you guys and thanks for waiting on us joe. that place is the most versatile single trail ive ever ridden. it’s got a little bit of every where and definitely tests your conditioning. busted my chin before scott even got there on the little jump to skinny. we’ll all have to meet up for another ride in scott’s neck of the woods before you’re preoccupied joe 😉 . thats about right in between me and you.

good ride fellas.

Good fun today guys! It’s always a pleasure showin’ people at the Swamp. Conditions we’re OK, been better without the powdered donut tires 😆 Either way you guys rocked through there, especially for the first time. Glad you came up, now I need to get down your way. We’ll set it up!

"joetutt" wrote

, been better without the powdered donut tires 😆

LOL 😆 that is some strange sand you got out there, what we started callin it sugar sand, then powdered sugar sand, I think we ended on succubus sand 😆
      I think a couple fast laps at Soldier Creek and a romp through the E-center are definately in order before Joe gets "preoccupied" 😉 Let me know whats open for you guys and we’ll work it out.
      Thanks again Joe, Had a Blast
      Ride On

[quote=" Sorry Scotty, I know you love Alafia, but Markham offers more fun and warmer weather.[/quote]
      Actually Balm wins over Alafia in my book, we’d love to hook up with ya down there, Derek’s been to Markham with Carlos before I know he’d like to go but he’s still stitched up and not ready to ride. My li’l Rabbit isn’t quite ready to make a run like that. So have fun brother, tell Michelle and Joco hi and Merry Christmas to all of ya ’till next time we hit the dirt together…
      Ride On

"ChiliPepper" wrote

Man o man, where has everyone gone????? 😕 This thread died right after Christmas….. 😮

Well, I hope all is well with you guys and gals out there in the cooler FL weather. OK, TTY guys later….On-On!

C-town checkin in Was wonderin what happened to, hit soldiers creek and LBE a few times but other then that not much travelin’. How was Markham and the southern end of the state Bro!. I think we’re ’bout ready to hit up the GFT soon Bro. got the BigHit back proper so it’s time to earn my wings 😮 😆 We’ll keep in touch!
      Ride On

Crap bro sorry to hear ’bout the battlewagon! As someone who works on cars I know how high $ any repair can be and being without wheels really sucks! I don’t know of anything for sale at the moment, watcha lookin for and I’ll keep my eyes peeled.
      Brandon….. Oh yeah I remember him 😆 guy named Joetutt too. You guys still out there? 😛
      Well we’re gettin lotsa trail packin so the trails should be FAST this weekend. Derek and I road the good ol’ LBE last weekend like we were on rails W.O.T. We have such a good route through there that flows very nice! 😛 I know it’s that "XC stuff" Chill but the speed is as fun as well 😉 this weekend should be very fast . Hope you guys get out and tear it up.
      Any way gotta go do work stuff! Everyone…
      …Ride On

Hey everyone Sav n Jax here.
      I’ve been wanting to hook up with Scott, Joe, Chili and go to some of the trails I haven’t been to, but I tweaked my shoulder when I took a tumble at Santos in October. Thankfully it’s just a brusied bursa sac and not a torn rotator cuff. I’m rehabbing now, and should be back on the bike soon. Hope to see ya’ll in the near future.
      – Scott

"Savnjax" wrote

Hey everyone Sav n Jax here.
      I’ve been wanting to hook up with Scott, Joe, Chili and go to some of the trails I haven’t been to, but I tweaked my shoulder when I took a tumble at Santos in October. Thankfully it’s just a brusied bursa sac and not a torn rotator cuff. I’m rehabbing now, and should be back on the bike soon. Hope to see ya’ll in the near future.
      – Scott

What’s up SnJ ? sorry to hear bout that tumble Bro, glad it wasn’t the rotator, My Pop bashed his up playin softball and it bugged him for along time, finally had the rotator and cuff replaced. Heal up Brother and we’ll meet up to tear up some trails!
      Chili, wat up Bro! If you’d tuck them knees in while pedalin’ they wouldn’t keep gettin’ banged up 😆 !
      Ah well we tore through LBE like we was on fire yesterday. I have graduated to the big ring on the XC bike and the speed and torque is insane and addicting 😮 😆 !
      I hope all is well with everyone, B-don and Joe check in sometime Brothers and as always…
      Ride on!
      Oh Yeah, remember You can fall off a cliff and die,
      You can get lost and die,
      You can hit a tree and die,
      or you can stay home, fall off the couch and die
      GET OFF THE COUCH! 😆

Yeah I know bro! it wont take long once I land a good drop and I’ll be hooked 😀 I don’t think I’ll ‘trade in’ the XC but I’ll spend less time on it and more in the air 😆 . I figured that the knee had been bashed in a more violent way but I had to razz you a bit 😛, lookin forward to ridin’ witcha soon brother, need to bring Muffy and the O.C.C. out your way. I need to go to Santos and start on the practice drops and work my way up 😆 . Anyway Bro heal up and get that bike right, any luck with an auto yet?
      Ride on

What’s up trailheads? It’s gonna be an awesome FLA weekend, what’s everyone doin’? We"re gonna go somewhere but haven’t nailed down a spot yet. Probably saturday morning. Hit me up if anyone else is gonna twist some cranks. Til then brothers
      get off the couch & Ride on

I’ll be riding the Ho Chi Minh trail tomorrow some time around 1 – I’ll be on a gray Gary Fisher Wahoo rigid frame and my brother in law will be on a gray Diamondback. How are the trails up that way?

hey new to the site been riding for a couple of years, and wanting to get more into it. I am from Miami and usually go to Oleta and Markham. I want to hit up all the good trails in Florida
      (Santos will be my first trip)and eventually get out of the state and go to some Mountains!! But first I need to heal from a fuck up that fractured my wrist again, fell of a inclined ramp, was going to slow and just flipped over.last time it was rollerblading though!anyhow I ride a Jamis dakar XLT2.0. looking forward to getting back out there!!peace
      Alex

Thats cool how old is your son? I saw the pics you posted and he kicks ass.
      I been trying to get my son into riding he is 13, he gets intimidated easily with the technical stuff and anything that looks dangerous. I try to just get him out there so he can just get comfortable riding.

I have stayed away from drops or anything that looks to hard..I always take the other route! Honestly some of those expert trails at Markham look crazy. maybe some day Ill have the skills and balls to drop off a platform, but for now I just enjoy riding what I can.

I have not been to Amelia in years, last time I went it was just getting started. I should check it out..dam wrist is keeping me down! 😈

"yem999" wrote

hey new to the site been riding for a couple of years, and wanting to get more into it. I am from Miami and usually go to Oleta and Markham. I want to hit up all the good trails in Florida
      (Santos will be my first trip)and eventually get out of the state and go to some Mountains!! But first I need to heal from a fuck up that fractured my wrist again, fell of a inclined ramp, was going to slow and just flipped over.last time it was rollerblading though!anyhow I ride a Jamis dakar XLT2.0. looking forward to getting back out there!!peace
      Alex

Hey Yem, welcome. If your lookin for trails and people to ride them with, this is a good place to start. I’ve been on here for a little bit and have found some awesome trails and met a few good peep’s to ride with. Although recently it seems like this thread has been Chili and my PM thread 😆 . It’s always good when ridin a new trail to be able to hook up with the locals around it and get a guided tour. I’m near Orlando and the trails Soldier Creek and LBE (Lil Big Econ) but through this site have found tons of trails within 2 hours of home. So get that wrist right and Ride On bro

Whats up Chili? get that sled back from the shop yet? 😆 . We’re lookin for somewhere to go tomorrow not sure where yet but I’ll know before the nights over. Anyway just sayin’ Hey so
      Ride On bro

"ChiliPepper" wrote

Hey scotkrzy, just got a call back from the LBS, and they said that the BBB was not even shipped due to that BS storm they are getting up that way. Been a week since the part was ordered and a bit over a week since my steed was put into the shop for some TLC. So will be picking it up today and keeping it until the BBB arrives. Hopefully my parts for her and Joco’s rig will be in today. His shifter blew up and I am getting a new one with new cable and all.

Hey Bro, looks like you’ve made up our minds! We were kickin around a few places (Santos was one)! So what time are you guys gonna ride out tomorrow?

Heres a couple pics from saturdays session at the GFT
      And the one I’ve been waitin for
      The GFT is rippin fun and should be enjoyed by all. Good work guys

Put on a helmet!!!

It’s hard to look cool when you’re in a coma.

WHERE IS THE SKID LID???

Yeah I know on the skid lids, Derek hardly ever wears one and Shayne follows the Uncle’s example to often, I’ll give’m hell for it. We defineately missed you saturday bro. We got a late start so Shayne could come otherwise we’d been earlier. I finally got down a drop 😮 The pic is the second run, a little crossed up but no problem. The first huck (ever) was spot on but I didn’t wait for the camera to come out, just said ‘screw-it’ and went for it. Felt like butter on the BigHit 😆.
      You guys got that place rippin bro, lotsa good work and lotsa fun. I’m ready for Santos too. I got some drops out there I need to hit 😃 .
      Miguel and TwoBroke (Mike) made the day quite interesting, We named Miguel ‘Cheeese’ cause he always had a big cheesy grin on his face. I got a shot of him jumpin over TwoBroke and he’s cheesin big time. I’ll add that when I get home. Any way I owe I owe so off to work I go 😆 . Hope to hook up soon Bro ’til then
      Ride on

"ChiliPepper" wrote

BTW, how come you call Mike "TwoBroke"? That is a new name for me, but good one.

I figured you’d ask that, first time we met Mike he was ridin’ his monster stinky with Two Broke wrists. 😆 , when you get around the O.C.C you usually wind up with a nickname 😉 .
      Yeah we were thinkin’ bout the FTF but I’m with you Bro, crowds suck 😏 . but a weekend trip there sounds awesome and needed. Anyway
      Ride On Brother

whatup everybody. im still alive. not sure why but i dont get emails anymore saying that there are replys? Been really busy with school, work and family. Found out I’m having another kid in september! Been trying to ride urban a few times a week to keep in shape, but havent been on any dirt since riding with joe and scott a few months ago.

chili let me know if you still need to borrow a tool? let’s get up for a GFT ride this week!

Hey B-don, whats up? Congrats on the new youngin on the way, I think we need to get ’em a bike for a baby shower gift 😆 . I had a blast with you and Joe at Graham Swamp. Did his baby ‘arrive’ kinda sounded like he was gonna be pretty tied up when that happened so…
      Anyway we are glad your still around and all is well (aren’t we Chili 😆 😆 )
      Dude you gotta get to GFT it’s realy fun now, got a good drop for us scary huckers 😉 see the pics above?
      Well Gotta go fix a couple cars, make a little money, daily routine and look forward to the next trail.
      Ride On

Nice lil ride Bro. who makes it?

nice ride CP. rode GFT yesterday with my pops and "freeride" or "two broke" mike, lol. Mike’s been busy out there there’s some awesome new stuff. that new little drop line is nice. unfortunately the entire lower east trail is screwed up all the way up to the point where the top trail starts. i counted at least 5 big tree’s blocking the trail. mike said this was new, not sure if it was like this when you guys were out there?

im gonna head out there sat AM if anybody’s up for it. will bring a saw incase those trees are still in the way.

where you riding this weekend CP? I’d like to try somewhere different for a day trip but not sure where to go.

"sevendaysoff" wrote

where you riding this weekend CP? I’d like to try somewhere different for a day trip but not sure where to go.

I’m in where we goin?!? 😆
      We went to Chuck Lennon last weekend and had a blast. Nice XC trail with LOTS of ups and down, the Cat Eye on my rig died so I dont know how far we rode but we rode the whole thing then went back and ran some of the fun stuff again.
      Balm Boyette’s always fun, and Alafia’s like 6 miles from it. Carter park. We need to get Derek out to Graham swamp.
      I’m lookin at hittin somewhere on hardcore Saturday cause we’re takin the gurls ridin Sunday.
      Anyway I’m open for suggestions and will travel. Derek got another F-350 so we got extra room
      Ride On

i preferably dont wanna travel more than a couple hours. throw som ideas out there. preferably some places with a few stunt sections mixed it.. keep me posted!

Hey Chili, Did you see that someone added the GFT to the trail list

i did i think it needs to be taken down asap.

"sevendaysoff" wrote

i did i think it needs to be taken down asap.

I liked your comment B-don 😉

Issue has been handled. Thanks Jeff!

gonna do the good ole’ GFT tomorrow. hope to see some of you out there. I should be out there about 9.

"sevendaysoff" wrote

gonna do the good ole’ GFT tomorrow. hope to see some of you out there. I should be out there about 9.

Derek was workin out of town and got back late last night so we haven’t had a chance to figure out where we wanna go but I’ll let you know if we head that way Bro. We are gonna take the girls to Soldiers Creek sunday though.
      Ride On

I’m going to try and get out there tomorrow.
      My steed is rearing to go…

good seeing everybody out there today. sorry i missed you guys scott. 1 man, 1 hand saw, 7 downed trees & 2 hours = lower east trail is back open thanks to yours truly!

"sevendaysoff" wrote

good seeing everybody out there today. sorry i missed you guys scott. 1 man, 1 hand saw, 7 downed trees & 2 hours = lower east trail is back open thanks to yours truly!

B-don, you are the man bro, We didnt make it there today but changed the plans and are headin there early in the morn (sunday), we’re loadin up the girls and Shayne and rollin out in the am.
      We went to a bike shop in Mt. Dora to look at a Foes bike he had for sale and found a little trail there with alot of elevation change, long fast decents with some sketchy turns and some climbs. Really fun and fast!!!
      We’re ridin in the am and hittin a beach after, sounds like an awesome Fla day. Til then
      Ride On

Yeah Bro, we had a pretty good time sunday. We got out there about noon (not easy to get seven people motivated let alone all the gear and supplies) I hit the first drop off to the right about 6x and improved my form and technique each time. Got a couple pics but I haven’t found the camera yet 😏 The girls were a little intimidated by the trails past the Dj’s, we parked in the subdivision instead of the church so we went in at the big ditch and back towards the Dj’s. We got them back up to the other side and they got a couple laps in.
      Then we went to Cocoa beach and did some sand castle assault 😆 at low tide & of course went to Coconuts for some post ride refreshments 😉 . We saw Vader out there and he hit the Dj’s like a pro. He said he was gonna ride in the FTF. That’d be fun to see but the crowds 😈 .
      ’til we ride again Brother
      Ride On

hey scott,
      glad you guys had fun. next time please dont park in the neighborhood, just park at the church and take the field back to the east section if you want to avoid the trailhead. thanks bro.

"sevendaysoff" wrote

hey scott,
      glad you guys had fun. next time please dont park in the neighborhood, just park at the church and take the field back to the east section if you want to avoid the trailhead. thanks bro.

No prob B-don. We usually park @ the church but we had one person walking in cause we were short one bike, that and the girls had easier access to the truck 😏 😆 and thanks for your efforts Saturday. Highly appreciated

let me know if you’re in the area and need a bike. we got a men & womens beach cruiser, a trek 3900 hardtail with some nice upgrades and a giant womens boulder mtb you can borrow anytime bro.

"sevendaysoff" wrote

let me know if you’re in the area and need a bike. we got a men & womens beach cruiser, a trek 3900 hardtail with some nice upgrades and a giant womens boulder mtb you can borrow anytime bro.

Thanks Bro, I’ll defineately keep that in mind, we’re lookin for a good bike for Dylan that would round us off so all have something to ride, just haven’t found the right one yet.
      Probly not ridin this weekend Popand I are takin our VW’s to Daytona for the WinterJam (VW carshow and party) on saturday and going back on sunday for the swap meet.
      Finally found the camera so heres a pic or two
      L2F (Learnin 2 Fly)
      I know!!
      I had to post this, eyes closed/no footer 😮 & he landed it, twice 😆
      anyway ’til the next trail Brothers
      Ride On

I’ve only seen Derek wear a helmet maybe 6 times, only when we go somewhere were they’re required. I started ridin like him until we went to Carter Park , I barrowed one for there, went over the bars on a downhill, landed on my forhead. I went out and bought on the next day.
      I wish you could zoom in on the ‘eyes closed’ shot, we were all holding our breath, lil dude had both feet off the pedals, on the seat and eyes closed 😆 but he landed it! good job.
      Heres another lil dude, he kept askin if he should try it, he finally did
      spot on!
      Hope too hook up soon!
      Ride On

Nope they were just out there ridin’, we saw them the last time we were out there too.

What’s up everyone! Finally got on the bike last weekend, did 21 miles at Baldwin. Ready to get some sand in my shoes; so me my bud Danny and a newbie girl from work are gonna hit Hanna this Saturday. I hope to head down to Santos and farther south soon. I’ve decided to start training for the "Katie Ride for Life" which is April 16th at Fort Clinch. It’s 12 miles off-road (My preference), or they have several road rides as well. I’d love to ride the Leadville 100 in May, but I think I’d just embarass myself. 😆 Maybe next year?!
      Talk to everyone soon.
      Sav

whats everybody got planned for the weekend?

I’m either gonna do a nice long urban session in Cocoa on sunday or hit the GFT. one of the two. let me know if you’re down for either.

I was planning on going to the west coast to ride with my buddy over there but stuff came up.

Hello, I live near daytona beach. im just getting into mountain biking. ive been riding the bulow creek trail for a couple weeks. would love to meet people and try out some of the other trails 😀

Anyone rode Graham Swamp lately. Whats the conditions like. Most likely going Sunday Morning.

My new Rumblefish wants to fly.

"trailman_" wrote

Hello, I live near daytona beach. im just getting into mountain biking. ive been riding the bulow creek trail for a couple weeks. would love to meet people and try out some of the other trails 😀

Go to Graham Swamp…you will learn Fast!!! Check us out on Facebook, Facebook.com/grahamswamptrailcrew and our new website, http://www.grahamswampMTB.com.

Many of us ride Tuesday and Thursday night at 4:30ish, Saturday and Sunday mornings are also busy. We continue to build new features to the trail, is changing quite fast. We also just got approval to install a pump track, it’s getting better and better out there. You’ll love it.

"GatorB" wrote

Anyone rode Graham Swamp lately. Whats the conditions like. Most likely going Sunday Morning.

I rode last weekend and it’s a touch dry but not bad, our mulch is keeping things smooth. Like us on Facebook, as we post trail conditions pretty frequently. Facebook.com/grahamswamptrailcrew.

If you haven’t been in a while you’ll be pleasantly surprised with all the new jumps and features, check it out! I’d meet up but I’m on my way to palm desert, ca for business trip. Next time!

"joetutt" wrote

[quote="GatorB":7bbdn2b4]Anyone rode Graham Swamp lately. Whats the conditions like. Most likely going Sunday Morning.

I rode last weekend and it’s a touch dry but not bad, our mulch is keeping things smooth. Like us on Facebook, as we post trail conditions pretty frequently. Facebook.com/grahamswamptrailcrew.

If you haven’t been in a while you’ll be pleasantly surprised with all the new jumps and features, check it out! I’d meet up but I’m on my way to palm desert, ca for business trip. Next time![/quote:7bbdn2b4]

Forgot we got a good rain since I rode so it should be even better!

Sweet rig too!

"joetutt" wrote

[quote="trailman_":1qcnanhq]Hello, I live near daytona beach. im just getting into mountain biking. ive been riding the bulow creek trail for a couple weeks. would love to meet people and try out some of the other trails 😀

Go to Graham Swamp…you will learn Fast!!! Check us out on Facebook, Facebook.com/grahamswamptrailcrew and our new website, http://www.grahamswampMTB.com.

Many of us ride Tuesday and Thursday night at 4:30ish, Saturday and Sunday mornings are also busy. We continue to build new features to the trail, is changing quite fast. We also just got approval to install a pump track, it’s getting better and better out there. You’ll love it.[/quote:1qcnanhq]
      Hey Joe hows life brother? I haven’t heard from you since we rode Graham with Brandon. Glad to hear all the updates on Graham. I need to get back out there.
      Ride On

"trailman_" wrote

Well you have found a great site to find trails and people to ride with. The trail reviews are pretty accurate and the Roll Call is usually busy with " where’s everyone ridin’ this weekend".
      Spruce Creek is close by you but it was pretty sandy last time I was there. Joe was not lyin about Graham it will get your attention, those guys have a great trail there, wish I was closer. You’ll need your climbin legs for sure 😉 , Mala Compra is up there too. I live inland near Orlando we have mile of Little Big Econ to play on and that fast fun and always exciting Soldiers Creek. Me and Muffy (my girl) rode there last night Get with Chilipepper or Sevendaysoff about the GFT, fun stuff there. Lotsa local stuff bro. Welcome , hit some of us up when your gonna head out and get the guided tour I’ve used singletracks alot since I joined and the poeple I’ve met and places I’ve are awesome.
      Ride On

[quote="scotkrzy":2elo67f0][/quote:2elo67f0]Hey Joe hows life brother? I haven’t heard from you since we rode Graham with Brandon. Glad to hear all the updates on Graham. I need to get back out there.
      Ride On[/quote]

Life’s good man, thanks! Been busy with my new baby boy, 7 weeks today! Both ridin and browsing has been on the down low lately. I need to head your way, hopefully soon. I’ll hit you guys up when I get a chance to get away for a day or at least a mornin. How’s things down your way?

"joetutt" wrote

[quote="trailman_":ktmefakb]Hello, I live near daytona beach. im just getting into mountain biking. ive been riding the bulow creek trail for a couple weeks. would love to meet people and try out some of the other trails 😀

Many of us ride Tuesday and Thursday night at 4:30ish, Saturday and Sunday mornings are also busy. We continue to build new features to the trail, is changing quite fast. We also just got approval to install a pump track, it’s getting better and better out there. You’ll love it.[/quote:ktmefakb]

Thanks man, that site has got me stoked for grahm swamp looks like a blast. ill definitely check it out this weekend or next.

"scotkrzy" wrote

[quote="trailman_":dm4ktqv5]Hello, I live near daytona beach. im just getting into mountain biking. ive been riding the bulow creek trail for a couple weeks. would love to meet people and try out some of the other trails 😀

Well you have found a great site to find trails and people to ride with. The trail reviews are pretty accurate and the Roll Call is usually busy with " where’s everyone ridin’ this weekend".
      Spruce Creek is close by you but it was pretty sandy last time I was there. Joe was not lyin about Graham it will get your attention, those guys have a great trail there, wish I was closer. You’ll need your climbin legs for sure 😉 , Mala Compra is up there too. I live inland near Orlando we have mile of Little Big Econ to play on and that fast fun and always exciting Soldiers Creek. Me and Muffy (my girl) rode there last night Get with Chilipepper or Sevendaysoff about the GFT, fun stuff there. Lotsa local stuff bro. Welcome , hit some of us up when your gonna head out and get the guided tour I’ve used singletracks alot since I joined and the poeple I’ve met and places I’ve are awesome.
      Ride On[/quote:dm4ktqv5]

Thanks for all the info! it sure looks like a great site. spruce creek is one ill be trying thursday most likely, very easy one for me to get to. and i’ll look into the others you mentioned, had no idea there would be this many trails close by great news for sure

"ChiliPepper" wrote

The GFT is actually down here in the Melbourne/Palm Bay area and is not posted here on Singletracks due to landowner request. Super great trail and lots of people come here to ride though it is a bit further.

Wat up Bro? hows the Pepper clan?

whats up everybody! CONGRATS JOE!

Hey Joe – you jinxed me. My wife is due September 13th. Time for Round #2!

What’s everybody up to this weekend? hittin the GFT sat!

did the spruce creek trail thursday and friday, it was pretty awesome, fair amount of sugar sand though. im debating on riding grahm swamp or mala compra tomorrow or monday, never been to either is one any easier than the other? very new to this.
      thanks

"trailman_" wrote

did the spruce creek trail thursday and friday, it was pretty awesome, fair amount of sugar sand though. im debating on riding grahm swamp or mala compra tomorrow or monday, never been to either is one any easier than the other? very new to this.
      thanks

Graham Swamp is a lot more technical than Spruce Creek. Lots of jumps and a few rock gardens. I ride Spruce Creek a lot as my work out rides. We went to Graham Swamp today and It was a blast but the sand is tough in some spots. If your into jumping Graham is the place to go. If your looking for people to ride with let me know I ride with few guys and we like to have fun. We are not real fast but we ride every weekend at different trails. Ive never been to Mala Compra.

"GatorB" wrote

[quote="trailman_":3p6i0pgm]did the spruce creek trail thursday and friday, it was pretty awesome, fair amount of sugar sand though. im debating on riding grahm swamp or mala compra tomorrow or monday, never been to either is one any easier than the other? very new to this.
      thanks

Graham Swamp is a lot more technical than Spruce Creek. Lots of jumps and a few rock gardens. I ride Spruce Creek a lot as my work out rides. We went to Graham Swamp today and It was a blast but the sand is tough in some spots. If your into jumping Graham is the place to go. If your looking for people to ride with let me know I ride with few guys and we like to have fun. We are not real fast but we ride every weekend at different trails. Ive never been to Mala Compra.[/quote:3p6i0pgm]

I’m about as slow as it gets but it would be great to tag along and pick up the rear. I doubt I’m ready for grahm swamp then, ill keep practicing with spruce creek, it’s a fun trail. That sand kills me though.

[quote="trailman I’m about as slow as it gets but it would be great to tag along and pick up the rear. I doubt I’m ready for grahm swamp then, ill keep practicing with spruce creek, it’s a fun trail. That sand kills me though.[/quote]
      Hey trail’, Spruce Creek is a good trail to practice on, especially for leg burnts through sugar sand 😆 , you could head towards Orlando and hit Soldiers Creek, Its a 2mile loop that any skill level can enjoy, not sure where you are located but it won’t take you too long to get to. I do know a couple locals that might show ya around, LBE is good too but it’s other name is Snow Hill for the beautiful white sugar sand 😆 , don’t worry your skills will improve as the addiction grows 😉 . Anyway bro hit me up if ya wanna head this way. And as always…
      Ride On

By the way Graham Swamp was awesome. The sand is bad but all the new jumps where fun. A few times the sand just about took me out on the landings but it was fun. I cant wait till we get some rain and I can really get some speed for those double. 😄

LOL, snow hill is gonna have to be a no for now, maybe when we get some rain. spruce creek is cool, i always see a bunch of pigs. I was gonna go to chuck lennon, i live in ormond beach and its actually a lot closer than i thought it was. friday im just gonna go to graham swamp and fall a lot. anyone go to the fat tire festival? how was it

New to the forum and MTB’ing. I live in St Augustine area (World Golf area). Still riding a cheap walmart bike. Looking for a good HT.

Anyone ride Guana River state Park trails? I know they are beginner, but probably good for me to start on.

Hope to see you guys around.

whats up Trailheads 😆 , Derek, me and the O.C.C. are headin up to Santos Saturday now that the FTF is over. I didn’t get up there for the FTF but Derek went on Friday, he said he could’ve left his bike at home and just rode demos all day. There was a huge assortment of demo bikes to ride 😮 . Anyway we’re goin to get our ride on there.
      Been ridin quite a bit lately. I love this time of year, get off work and hit the trails 😃.
      Hope ta see somebody out ridin somewhere sometime or another, til then
      Ride on

This isn’t fair! Everytime I go to the Southeast section and see a new post in the Florida section and click it I get sand in my rear derailer. Does this happen to everyone? Just asking. 😄 Later,

well I did Graham Swamp today as planned, had a blast, best trail ever… till I fell down one of the hills and ended up in the ER lol, nothing broke just a bunch of torn ligaments and bad bruising, probably should have avoided the "Expert" part of the trail but it just looked so fun 😄
      guess ill be off the bike for a little bit and probably wait a little while before I attempt that trail again.

"ChiliPepper" wrote

Have fun Scott and come back in one piece…LOL!

Nah, we are heading out to the Battle At Narcoossee Mill (Civil War Reenactment) in Narcoossee, FL, so riding at all for us this weekend. I have pretty much been off the bikes (urban or dirt) for about three weeks now. I do feel a good ride coming on though…. 😄

Man, this is the first year that we have not camped at Santos for our annual week long camping/riding trip during March. Usually right before the FTF or afterward. Oh well, another time… 😉

How is the Battle at Narcoossee Mill? I’ve heard It’s really neat.

Ryan here!!
      checking in from jacksonville fl. Im new to mt biking as well, but just got a sweet rig ’08 Trek ex 9, easton head and bars, wtb pure v seat, and fox f-series fork’ and im hooked! id deff like to find a crowd to start riding with cause i dont know anyone that likes to ride as much as i do

I live in palm bay
      and I am getting started is there a place in the compound in palm bay
      or how do i get to the fruit trail

Anyone been to Graham swamp in the last couple days? I am trying to get down there this week.

Yes, rode Graham Swamp yesterday, all that rain did little to the sand but it was still fun. Well, till I over shot the last table top and tacoed my front rim, landed hard on my side and gouged a big hole in my forearm. 😄

"tyonkers" wrote

Anyone been to Graham swamp in the last couple days? I am trying to get down there this week.

Rode the Swamp yesterday also. It’s riding pretty good. Dried up a bit from last weeks rain, but still good. Supposed to rain some tomorrow morning-afternoon, should tighten up even more. If you’re on facebook, go to facebook.com/grahamswamptrailcrew. I post trail conditions pretty frequently.

Thanks for the info.

Rode the swamp today, and it has already dried up. So you still have the sandy up hills, but still one of my favorite places to ride. Sand or no sand that place is sooo much fun. Many thanks to the Graham Swamp crew.

wtf is up singletracker’s. met screamin seamen yesterday, he’s the new proud owner of my 3900. whats everybody been up to?

rolling into the last 2 weeks of school but I definitely need to get an out of town ride in. whats everybody doing the morning of the 23rd or 24th? (joe, scott, cp, screamin seamen, anyone else). Thinking of hitting soilders creek, heard there’s some new features out there. we should get a session in. i know scott is down. how about the rest of you bums?

A couple buddies and I were talking about riding that Saturday. Santos or somewhere…
      I’m sure they would be down for something closer.

"sevendaysoff" wrote

wtf is up singletracker’s. met screamin seamen yesterday, he’s the new proud owner of my 3900. whats everybody been up to?

rolling into the last 2 weeks of school but I definitely need to get an out of town ride in. whats everybody doing the morning of the 23rd or 24th? (joe, scott, cp, screamin seamen, anyone else). Thinking of hitting soilders creek, heard there’s some new features out there. we should get a session in. i know scott is down. how about the rest of you bums?

Whats up B-don ? SC sounds good, always fast and fun. Dont have any other plans for that weekend that I know of. We’re tryin to go to Balm Boyette toda, haven’t made it out of the house yet 😏 . Anyway keep me posted about next week. See Yaaa!
      Ride on

Oop change of plans, going to Alafia instead. Takin the girls so goin somewhere where the truck is closer not two miles down a dirt road 😏 Seee yaaaa!

Hey from Fort Walton!
      New to the MTB scene so I have only rode PCola and Timberlake so far but I’m exited to hit some other trails in North Florida. Any Must-do trails that I should put on the calender for this season? I ride a CDale Trail 6 BTW.

"SuperTramp" wrote

Hey from Fort Walton!
      New to the MTB scene so I have only rode PCola and Timberlake so far but I’m exited to hit some other trails in North Florida. Any Must-do trails that I should put on the calender for this season? I ride a CDale Trail 6 BTW.

Dude, ride The Rock in Gainesville. It rocks! 😆
      Oh yeah welcome to the site. I’m near Orlando, so it’d be a road trip for you to come here, but we road trip alot not quite as far north as you are but halfways .
      Santos in Ocala is THEE mountain bike amusement park.
      Check out the Mountain Bike Trails section for lotsa trail info, and brother…
      …Ride On

Hey B-don (Sevendayoff) any decisions of SC this weekend?

"scotkrzy" wrote

[quote="SuperTramp":2yckw40r]Hey from Fort Walton!

Oh yeah welcome to the site. I’m near Orlando, so it’d be a road trip for you to come here, but we road trip alot not quite as far north as you are but halfways .
      …Ride On[/quote:2yckw40r]
      There are 5 or 6 of us that just got into riding and we have no issues with a weekend road trip this summer. I really want to ride with some more experienced riders. Thanks for the info on Gainesville and Santos, I cant wait to ride!

scott cant make it this weekend but next weekend for sure! what happened to chilipepper? all is posts are gone.

"sevendaysoff" wrote

scott cant make it this weekend but next weekend for sure! what happened to chilipepper? all is posts are gone.

Cool on next weekend, Derek said the GFT is gettin really sweet, need to come over and check it out again.
      I was wondering why the post count went down and now I see he’s gone. I don’t know what happened, I haven’t talked to him in a while 😕 hafta do some lookin into that. Chilipepper where are you ?!?

A little late on the post, but some friends and I are heading to GFT in the morning. We’ll be there about 9am. Rode there today and it was GGGREAT! 😬

a new addition for the addiction 😆
      Dj100, Dj200, is there a 300 out there? 😆
      we have n’t cut the steer tube yet so dont goof on me about the spacers on the stem 😏 unless you want to 😳
      Took it’s virgin run at Soldiers Creek Saturday, fun bike. Took about a lap to get dialed in then another lap to get use to a hardtail. Third lap was fast 😮 😆 .
      Hey B-don, you hear anything from Chilipepper? 😕 I shot him a text saturday but no reply. 😢 miss him already

Hello guys, have not been on here in awhile (a couple years) and I tried to sign up with my old [i:2kn9cjj6]User Name[/i:2kn9cjj6], but could not remember my pass nor the email address I had for that account. Oh well, Just under a different name. I see that you guys are asking about the notorious ChiliPepper (aka…."Mongoose"). He is dealing with an illness and a handful of ailments this year. I must decline to get into this anymore than what I mentioned, as it is not my place to say anymore. He is fairing well, and his spirits are up. I am sure he misses you all. Anyways, hope this helps.

FYI, he does not keep his cell phone on much these days, but especially when home, so thus the reason he does not answer your calls.

Anyways, just got back from riding the Tillman, and its looking up. Peaceful & tranquil with no one out there, especially with the great weather. Rode 10 miles to get there and then 10 miles back to the home front Later guys and ride on.

Thank you for the info on The Notorious CHP 😉 brother. Please let him know that he is in our hearts and prayers and will be until he can Ride On and long after. Thanks again.
      Ride On

"SuperTramp" wrote

[quote="scotkrzy":f453pgor][quote="SuperTramp":f453pgor]Hey from Fort Walton!

…Ride On[/quote:f453pgor]
      There are 5 or 6 of us that just got into riding and we have no issues with a weekend road trip this summer. I really want to ride with some more experienced riders. Thanks for the info on Gainesville and Santos, I cant wait to ride![/quote:f453pgor]
      Sounds good bro, keep checkin here and we’ll hook up sometime, somewhere. It’s nothin for us to load up and roll out an hour or two for a good trail. We like the Lakeland area trails and head that way alot. Damn I didn’t realize you were so far up there. I’d look into Georgia too, anyway we’ll hook up bro.
      Ride On

Viewing 316 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.