Ripped tire

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

So I was riding around the yard this morning just bored then I was making fee minor adjustments when I noticed a rip in the sidewall of my flat tire. I already took it off and put a patch over the ripped area, is this all I need to do or are there something else I can do to keep this from eventually going all the way across the tire?

Any input would be great!! Also would this tire benefit from being on the back instead of the front??

-Nathan[/quote]

"ChiliPepper" wrote

I would not recommend patching it if it is actually ripped on the sidewall, because it will not hold. It will eventually continue to open even more and spread. If these are the original tires from when you got the bike, then it was most like dry rot that got to that one which usually always starts on the side wall. The thinnest part of the tire. The Velocirators are so in-expensive and you can purchase just the rear or the front separately instead of a set, that it would be best to just replace that one or both.

these are new, just bought them off eBay And installed coulple days ago, i guess it’s a slice not a rip not sure how it would rip. I guess I’ll just get me a replacement.

Thanks Chili

It’s all good I’m not gonna let it get me down, I still have my velociraptors I’ll just throw the front one back on for now.

As Chilly said…Torn on the side there is nothing you can do to fix it. The side casing is cut and will continue to spread. I am sorry to hear you purchased them online…Some things are best purchased new or inspected before paying.

I had a similar issue with my captains, but i measured the tear on the tyre and matched it with a tear on the inner tube coupled with the chalk dust dispersion on the inside of the tyre allowed me to work out that the tyre was actually knifed and had not split or torn,

was slightly vexed

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.