replacing v brakes to disc brakes, help please

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I want to change my rear v brakes out to disc brakes. My frame has a place for me to mount the disc brakes, so that isn’t a problem. I just do not know where to begin as to what parts to get.

My rear wheel has a 7 speed cassette on it. I am sure that I will have to get a different wheel that allows for the use of a disc brake.

I don’t want to spend a fortune on it, so if I can get these parts for a good price I will go for it, otherwise I will probably keep it with a v brake. The v brake works well, I was just thinking about an upgrade.

I am not sure of brands, so any help is greatly appreciated.

i actually found some Avid BB7 mechanical disc brake package for inexpensive and installation instructions, now just to see what the scoop is on the hub and wheel.

Do your hubs have holes to mount the rotors? If so, you’re good to go. If not, you’re going to need a new set. You can usually find wheel sets on sale for a bit over $100 from places like Pricepoint.

i took the bike back and got a 29r with rear disc brakes instead. saved a bunch of money!

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.