recurring flat

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

The front tire on my fisher marlin keeps going flat. I put a new tube in the other day & aired it up, and later that night it already felt like it lost significant air (without having been riden). Any ideas on what the problem is? What can I do to fix/figure out the problem? Thanks for the help.

Where was the hole in the tube when you replaced it?

Is the new hole in the same place?

Check your spoke tape and make sure it is in the right place, protecting your tube from rubbing up against the bottom of your spokes and nipples. no spoke tape? GET SOME.

Rub your finger along the inside of the rim and see if you feel anything that snags your skin, if so, that may be your culprit. If it’s a spur of metal that’s causing the snag, gently sand it down.

cjm

Also check the tire itself. You might have something stuck in the tire. Visual inspection of the outer tire will often allow you to see the thorn. Quite often, you’ll have to rub your fingers inside the tire.

Found the problem…one tough mother of a thorn stuck in my tire. Popped it out & I’m ready to go now 😀

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.