Recommendations on Riding Shorts

Forums Mountain Bike Forum Recommendations on Riding Shorts

--
SHARES

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

I usually wear spandex riding shorts under either cargo shorts or mesh gym shorts. I’ve recently been looking for a pair of regular riding shorts with padding. Fortunately, there are A LOT of options. Just looking for your opinions on the best ones before I spend $60.00-$100.00 on a pair of shorts I may not like. I prefer a long inseam (at least mid-knee or below) and something with cargo pockets that close securely or zippered pockets. Any ideas?

My favorite shorts to date are my Pearl Izumi Rev shorts. Removable liner with chamois. I’ve the liners in the PI shorts to be very comfortable.
      I am 5′ 10" and they fall right at my knees. Cargo pockets on both legs secure with velcro. The shorts have a nice stretch to them and don’t get in the way of riding. I found they breathed fine for summer riding. I also wear them in spring and fall paired with knee warmers.

I also dig the Rev! You can check out my in-depth review of the Rev here: http://www.singletracks.com/blog/mtb-ge … rt-review/

"PSUtuna" wrote

I usually wear spandex riding shorts under either cargo shorts or mesh gym shorts. I’ve recently been looking for a pair of regular riding shorts with padding. Fortunately, there are A LOT of options. Just looking for your opinions on the best ones before I spend $60.00-$100.00 on a pair of shorts I may not like. I prefer a long inseam (at least mid-knee or below) and something with cargo pockets that close securely or zippered pockets. Any ideas?

You pretty much just described the Funkier Eagle shorts in a nutshell:
      http://www.singletracks.com/blog/mtb-ge … ts-review/

I’m headed into my second season with them, and they’re still going strong.

Thanks for the recommendations! I’m going to try both that you suggested and see which one works the best for me.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.