Recommend me a good repair stand around $150

Tagged: 

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author

Looking to get a repair stand and don’t want to go over $150 if possible. Any recommendations?

Park Tool makes reliable products:

http://gearx.com/park-tool-pcs-9-home-r … 4AodEX8AdQ

Mudhunny bought me a Park repair stand about 10 years ago and the thing is still rock solid! It looks to be pretty similar to the PCS-4 but I know she didn’t pay more than $125 for it at the time. Looks like prices have gone up…

A few folks in the thread below found super cheap repair stands and say they’re pretty decent. Might be worth checking out!

viewtopic.php?f=96&t=9629

Park PCS-9 will get you a solid stand for under $150 and a PCS-10 will push you 25 over but get you quick-release adjustment.

After buying and returning two cheaper stands, I ended up getting the PCS-10 and have used it for a couple years now with no issues.

Check out the Feedback Sport Mechanic Stand on Jenson USA. I bought one a few months ago and love it! Great quality for the money. Great reviews for it too. $149. http://www.jensonusa.com/Feedback-Sport-Mechanic-Stand

"ablack84" wrote

Check out the Feedback Sport Mechanic Stand on Jenson USA. I bought one a few months ago and love it! Great quality for the money. Great reviews for it too. $149. http://www.jensonusa.com/Feedback-Sport-Mechanic-Stand

I think that company made stands for Performance Bike for a while. They are nice stands!

It is funny that the three stands I came in here considering are also the ones recommended here even though I didn’t mention them. The PCS-9 & 10 and the Feedback for $150. Of these what are the differences and which has the most features?

I personally like the the tripod style on the Feedback. My stand has the legs like the park stands, and I find that it can be tippy at times if you have a wheel off, and the bike moves out of the balance point. Other than that, I think it would be personal preference, they are all decent.

Amazon lots to choose this is the one i got Aluminum Cycle Pro Mechanic Bicycle Repair Stand it was 89.00 free shipping and has great reviews. The clamp fits every bike I put on it in any orientation so far. I have put quite a few bikes on it for tune ups etc pretty stable.

I have seen that one on Amazon but was worried it wouldn’t last. Does it seem like it is built with good materials and will last long? Will it hold your bike in any position?

Yes to both it does hold bike in any position head pops out with lever and can then spin 360. I like the fact jaw has so much range can grab seat post and the thickest frame I’ve tried so far. Has quick release for folding and height setting. If you were wrenching very hard in certain directions I have found some weak spots in its balance. I have used mainly for tuneups so far it seems like it will hold up but never owned one before so no comparisons.

Thanks for all the recommendations!

They dropped the price of the Feedback Sports Mechanic stand this weekend on Amazon of which I am a Prime member and get free two day shipping so I bought it
      http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001F2 … UTF8&psc=1

"jem7sk" wrote

They dropped the price of the Feedback Sports Mechanic stand this weekend on Amazon of which I am a Prime member and get free two day shipping so I bought it
      http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001F2 … UTF8&psc=1

Nice! Let us know what you think after you get it!

I just got it an hour and a half ago. It was way more stable and well built than I thought it would be. This is a sturdy piece of equipment. My only disappointment so far is the use of plastic for the knobs. IMO this whole thing should be made of metal but as long as there are no problems and it lasts a long time I don’t care. It is big and stout and heavier than I thought it would be… Plus it is beautiful and seems to be made in America.

"jem7sk" wrote

I just got it an hour and a half ago. It was way more stable and well built than I thought it would be. This is a sturdy piece of equipment. My only disappointment so far is the use of plastic for the knobs. IMO this whole thing should be made of metal but as long as there are no problems and it lasts a long time I don’t care. It is big and stout and heavier than I thought it would be… Plus it is beautiful and seems to be made in America.

I have one by the same manufacturer, with the plastic tray. Not the tripod kind, but the other style. I wish the try had a magnet in it! Would sure come in handy…

Viewing 16 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.