Rear derailleur upgrade after a 3×9 to 1×9 conversion

Forums Mountain Bike Forum Rear derailleur upgrade after a 3×9 to 1×9 conversion

--
SHARES

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hi.

i recently made a 1×9 conversion.

current setup is 11-34 hg200 cassette, aftermarket n/w 34t ring deore shifter and xt rear derailleur.

my next goal is to replace the rear derailleur to a clutched one because of the chain movment, and on the same way maybe to upgrade the cassette to benefit lower gears.but also dont want to spend to much $$.
      my options are this (lower cost to higher)

1) replace to 9 speed MicroShift clutched derailleur

2) replace to 9 speed MicroShift clutched derailleur and replacing to a Sunrace 9 speed 11-40t cassette

3) getting a m6000 groupset from aliexpress with sunrace 11-46t cassette

4) getting the new M5100 groupset with shimano 11-42t cassette

i am pretty new to MTB’s and every advice will be grateful.

best regards!

If you’re going to go to all that trouble, you might as well just get a whole new drivetrain. I like the new Shimano M5100 Deore 1×11 with an 11-51 cassette. That way you will get some serious range; 464%. You can get a complete kit (chain, derailleur, shifter, 11-51 cassette) for $165 on ebay.

The microshift upgrade does not need to be expensive. I went with the 8 speed with clutch. It is 12-42 and all steel. It is under $100. And cheaper if you have cable housing and chain already.

I think the new 9 speed stuff has 11-46 cassette. That gets my vote.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.