Ray’s Indoor MTB Expanding to Milwaukee

Tagged: 

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

Heard this at the IMBA World Summit and it sounds pretty dope. I guess Ray found out that people like to mountain bike indoors so he’s doing it again up in Wisconsin. We could use something like this down here in the southeast except we’d use it in the hot, humid summer instead of winter!

I posted a topic on a different website and alot of the locals would love something like this but we all some what agreed it would fail in our city. If it was built in Atlanta, that would be el badasso.

I thought someone was doing this in Charlotte. Perhaps it never got off the ground. He sounded serious.

Two hour drive is going to beat sitting on the trainer looking at the wall of the basement.

One of the magazines has a write up about this, I’ll see if I can hunt it down. He’s planning on openning a new park every other year.

its in the june issue of cycling . the people in milwaukee going to enjoy that! i thought it was cool how he came about opening in cleveland.

charlotte is only two hours from and so is Atlanta……..just build one close! 😈

thats cool that hes expanding and going more national with his bike park, i just wish he would have came here to Colorado first, instead of Wisconsin 😃

Have you been to Boulder Indoor Cycling yet? I may just need to check it out when I’m there week after next.

http://www.boulderindoorcycling.com/

"trailrider247" wrote

thats cool that hes expanding and going more national with his bike park, i just wish he would have came here to Colorado first, instead of Wisconsin 😃

Hour and a half from Chicago, and a few more from Detroit, I could see people driving up from St. Louis and a couple other mid west cities. Plus Milwaukee is a decent sized hub for most major airlines.

The only problem will be the fixie riding hippies from Madison.

"trek7k" wrote

Have you been to Boulder Indoor Cycling yet? I may just need to check it out when I’m there week after next.

http://www.boulderindoorcycling.com/

yeah, i went their back in march and it was fun, i just got bored real quick with the lack of features to ride. thiers only a hand full of technical lines and no real jumps to hit, also the more fun features are cramed in the middle of the velodrome so expansion in the future is going to be really hard when it comes time to add more features, but i guess thats how it is when you build a place around a velodrome. the good things about the place is that its not too hot in thier and you dont have to worry about the weather, also the features they have are fun, they just get boring really quick. you should still go check it out when you come to Boulder just to see if you like it, some people love the place and some people dont really care for it, but i think if they had a pump track and some jumps it would be a more fun place to go ride.

Cleveland is closer to Detroit than Milwaukee is. Still excited to see another park open though. Rode this winter at Ray’s in Cleveland. Long drive, but it was so worth it!!

"Badcrow" wrote

[quote="trailrider247":3docmim4]thats cool that hes expanding and going more national with his bike park, i just wish he would have came here to Colorado first, instead of Wisconsin 😃

The only problem will be the fixie riding hippies from Madison.[/quote:3docmim4]

Eh.. they are too busy huggin’ trees 😄

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.