Questions on a new bike

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

First off my first time posting in the forum. been lurking around singletracks for like a month or so. Ride trails around northern virginia area.

Sorta broke my old bike. The brakes finally broke on it, and the chain is slipping, the seat is broken and does not stay on tight and the shifters are dysfunctional (sorta). and it is undersized. i rode a Giant Boulder SE with the v-brake and now want to get a nice bike with discs.

I have been riding a fair amount lately and have gotten much better then when i started and want to get a nicer bike (i need a new bike anywhays)

I am pretty sure i want to get a hard tail because of budget and i was looking at the specialized hardrock sport disc. what are some other good bikes i should look at. I also want to ride cliped in so what are good shoes and clips to get? I would like to keep the whole thing no more than 700ish.

I also want to support my local bike store so i am not in the market for a used bike.

as far as shoes and pedals. i have SIDIs and love them, they fit great and are really comfortable. I have Shimano SDP pedals. Love them too

I rode a hardrock sport for 6 years (v-brakes though) and I cant complain about any part of it. It is a very light bike and extremely durable. Specialized is a great brand and im sure you will be happy with it.

However, the only thing I question is are you sure you want to spend all of that money on a new hardtail? Im not exactly how much they go for (~$400)? But, if you look online at some discount bike stores, e.g. nashbar or jensonusa you might be able to get a new full suspension for another 100-200 dollars if you would like one.

But, if you are strictly looking for a hardtail, then yes the hardrock sport is a great bike.

Check this out:
      http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/ … ke+09.aspx

Jamis Dakar full suspension XC bike for $549!

This is a well liked model here on the forums, and it has substantially better components than the Hardrock.

^^^^ that was actually the bike I was hinting about in my previous post. I just bought the jamis xc from JensonUSA and I am very happy with it! It took one week to arrive and it was pretty much assembled (just had to put pedals and handlebars on).

its an 09′ model but you cant beat that price. i dont think they have too many left so they might go quick

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.