Protection??

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Comment on whats better for protection equipment.

Shin and Knee protection all in one piece. Or Shin + Knee separate equipment?

The 661 Kyle Strait’s are very nice knee pads if you aren’t hardcore freeriding. Comfy and easy to pedal in.

Thats the thing I am not hardcore lol…I am trying to get into the jumps and stuff but as it right now I dont have any protection (other than a helmet) So since I have to buy one I was wondering what should I go for all in one or separate protection?

Its all shin + knee protection hard to pedal? or really not confy? I tried a Knee pad from my friends and it wasnt that bad….but I dont have nothing for shins? What I am trying to say that I am going to be eating $hit in the near future so what it better for me lol

"Mongoose" wrote

[quote="Ronaldani":2awyuat7]Comment on whats better for protection equipment.

Shin and Knee protection all in one piece. Or Shin + Knee separate equipment?

Great question!

All in one piece by far! At least one great bonus with the one piece combination is that you do not have to worry about loosing them, they stay together where ever you put them or store them. They also serve better protection in all around circumstances or scenarios. Race Face knee/shin armour like the Rally FR or FOX armour like the Fox Launch Pads are great knee/shin armour by far.

BTW, the same goes with the forearm/elbow armour as well unless you choose to just wear elbow pads.[/quote:2awyuat7]

One Piece combos are great for either knee/shin or arm/elbow. I have Lizard Skin Soft cells…they take a bit to put on, but stay in place and are comfy. I will wear protection from now on, on anything above rolling XC…as I just recovered from a month of fighting a staph+cellulitis infection from what I thought was a good old fashion flesh wound to the lower left shin/calf. Almost ALL staph infections occur in the lower leg and when we ride we constantly bang the shins then..we dust our wounds with all kinds of "stuff" that may be in the streams/puddles we cross to the fecal matter on the trails from dogs, horse, cows and other wild life. No need to be extreme to justify protection.
      Cheers

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.