Property owner confronts "trespassing" trail user at Hawes Loop in Arizona

Forums Mountain Bike Forum Property owner confronts "trespassing" trail user at Hawes Loop in Arizona

--
SHARES

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  mtnryder 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Author

In the end, the guy in the video was the one who was charged with disorderly conduct and false reporting to law enforcement.

https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/mesa-councilman-video-hawes-trail-mesa-hiking-mountain-10716979

Wow, just false reporting?  Not Dbagery?  Where was this?  Thanks to the rider for both serving our country and handling this so well.

I kinda get it, guy seems like he was having problems with his community and city as to where his property line was. Seems like pent up anger from a lot of interactions. But the “stay off my lawn!” mentality does little to improve your blood pressure, as shown by his border-line trembling in that video. Hiker is kind of dumb for dropping the “i’m a veteran” line.

What a joke. Of all the things to call the police about and “feel threatened” by.

What a joke. Of all the things to call the police about and “feel threatened” by.

That’s why he got charged I’m sure. He probably abused the emergency line in the past for the same stuff and they were sick of it.

I rode the Hawes loop trails roughly 2 years ago when I was in Mesa visiting family.  Chatting with some locals in the Walgreens parking lot (where a lot of the trail users park to access the trails) I was warned to stick to the marked trail while riding adjacent to some properties along the access route to the main trails. Now I know why I was warned about not doing something so obvious.

Can’t we all just get along!  ; >

This is a crazy situation – almost comical (she’s a veteran, she’s cooperative, and definitely didn’t threaten him).  Sadly these days, its more the norm than the exception.

Leave the world a better place than you found it.  When you can have extra, share.  When you can help, help.  Pick-up after yourself.  Do no harm.

That guys a lying POS. Glad that he was charged for false reporting an emergency.